Looks like the NPO's making it's counter strike

Raider

Again, that could be true. My memory of war is kinda outdated now.

Still funny to see that the very thing that this coalition preaches against it seeks to imitate in every step. I doubt anything is going to change, just the names.

So, when did Karma announced PZI for NPO nations in peace mode? Edited by Strahd

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still funny to see that the very thing that this coalition preaches against it seeks to imitate in every step. I doubt anything is going to change, just the names.

There is a difference between pointing out hypocrisy and taunting. Any taunting I have seen has been of the "taking the piss" variety while pointing out said hypocrisy.

This peace mode taunting is really ridiculous. The guys in there, the ones with half a brain, understand some nations stay in peace mode to recover, some to bring aid later, some to bring recovery aid after war and others to come as a second wave.

While I can see this as a tactic to get them to come out, I hope none of you believe what you are saying.

He speaks the truth.

Really, some of you guys really, really have shown me which are merely after to attack some alliances by any means necessary, even risking illogical nonsense, from those who understand military tactics and strategical planning.

Peace mode is NOT just used as banks. Rush all your nations in at once, go ahead, but you aren't coordinating to your potential.

Edited by Ejayrazz

There is a difference between pointing out hypocrisy and taunting. Any taunting I have seen has been of the "taking the piss" variety while pointing out said hypocrisy.

If you really doubt me, read the peace poll thread. Well over 50% want extremely harsh, might I say "NPO"-like, terms for the war. Remember it isn't only Karma voting.

In fact some people, if you read in, are calling for punishment for the peace moders.

This war has nothing to do with right and wrong, I see the advantage of claiming the moral high ground but I am ganna call you guys on it here.

Then again, Karma isn't exactly unified.

He speaks the truth.

Really, some of you guys really, really have shown me which are merely after to attack some alliances by any means necessary, even risking illogical nonsense, from those who understand military tactics and strategical planning.

Peace mode is NOT just used as banks. Rush all your nations in at once, go ahead, but you aren't coordinating to your potential.

Personally I just want them to live up to the standards they've put other alliances to. If they're going to demand people not go into peace mode against them they better not go there themselves.

If you really doubt me, read the peace poll thread. Well over 50% want extremely harsh, might I say "NPO"-like, terms for the war. Remember it isn't only Karma voting.

Which option do you think it would be in the best interests of The Hegemony alliances to vote for from a propaganda standpoint?

Unified enough to get the job done I suppose.

also, where have you been the past year or so?...it has been a while.

I meant not unified to present a common message. IE, some of them are calling for draconian measures and ones that were previously used by the NPO. That statement meant to say, I can't really blame you.

And I don't remember exactly why. I think it had to do with summer two-a-days and a job, just lack of time. You remember me?

Which option do you think it would be in the best interests of The Hegemony alliances to vote for from a propaganda standpoint?

Good point, I doubt that they organized to all vote for the harshest measures but its a possibility. It doesn't take away from what was posted though.

Edited by Israfeel

Personally I just want them to live up to the standards they've put other alliances to. If they're going to demand people not go into peace mode against them they better not go there themselves.

It's not that those of us who mock and ridicule the NPO and Hegemony forces for going into peace mode think it an invalid tactic. It's that the NPO and Hegemony themselves were exceptionally brutal to those who used it as a tactic, called them out for it, and now use it themselves. It's a great degree of hypocrisy. Now, it may be childish and downright unprofessional to lower ourselves to the level of Pacificans in berating them for their Pacifism, but if there's anybody here that deserves it, it's them.

I think given the circumstances their decision to send out more forces into the meat grinder, to break like water against VE (and some RoK), is absolute stupidity. It's a waste of troops for extremely limited gains. They'd be better off sucking the blows of Karma's words than its missiles.

I meant not unified to present a common message. IE, some of them are calling for draconian measures and ones that were previously used for the NPO. That statement meant to say, I can't really blame you.

And I don't remember exactly why. I think it had to do with summer two-a-days and a job, just lack of time. You remember me?

You have memorable avatar if nothing else.

Edited by Delta1212

In fact some people, if you read in, are calling for punishment for the peace moders.

This war has nothing to do with right and wrong, I see the advantage of claiming the moral high ground but I am ganna call you guys on it here.

So, you can see who is voting for what in the poll?

Also, every group has people saying all sorts of things. Last war someone said they wanted my alliance to "die in a fire" but I'd have been pushing it to claim that was official policy.

You have to understand - Karma isn't a unified bloc with a single purpose or even a unified vision - it's a collective grouping of alliances who came together (in my opinion) under the old adage of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and after getting tired of the curbstomps, censored speach, eternal wars, E/PZI sentences, rose up and said Enough is Enough. NPO f'd up and they called them on it. Getting terms from "Karma" will be quite difficult as there are 3-10 alliances all hitting other alliances who all have to come up with terms they can agree upon. I honestly think it's going to be a cluster bomb trying to get terms established at the end.

That being said, there are many in this war on "Karma's" side who are in it for revenge, there are many who are in it for "Karma" and there are many who are in it to uphold their treaty obligations. To lay a blanket statement over the entire group because they all rose up to the same battle cry is ignoring the true issue at hand.

Just my personal opinion though

... Or they plan ahead and have a plan B. (Its not like peace moders can't come during the war to give the aid)

Meh, its just because there are so many Karma guys hungry for tech. In even fights, correct peace moding usually won the war.

A who?

So, you can see who is voting for what in the poll?

Also, every group has people saying all sorts of things. Last war someone said they wanted my alliance to "die in a fire" but I'd have been pushing it to claim that was official policy.

True, but you could read the posts instead then.... They don't say anything much different.

You have memorable avatar is nothing else.

Been told that before. :D

You have to understand - Karma isn't a unified bloc with a single purpose or even a unified vision - it's a collective grouping of alliances who came together (in my opinion) under the old adage of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and after getting tired of the curbstomps, censored speach, eternal wars, E/PZI sentences, rose up and said Enough is Enough. NPO f'd up and they called them on it. Getting terms from "Karma" will be quite difficult as there are 3-10 alliances all hitting other alliances who all have to come up with terms they can agree upon. I honestly think it's going to be a cluster bomb trying to get terms established at the end.

That being said, there are many in this war on "Karma's" side who are in it for revenge, there are many who are in it for "Karma" and there are many who are in it to uphold their treaty obligations. To lay a blanket statement over the entire group because they all rose up to the same battle cry is ignoring the true issue at hand.

Just my personal opinion though

I feel the same way.

A who?

B what?

Edited by Israfeel

Personally I commend NPO for bringing them out, but I hope they weren't doing it just to avoid terms that specify "peace mode nations will be attacked for as long as they were in peace mode" or problems like that down the road. If they're coming out it should purely be to help their alliance's in-game status (and their allies'), not to help their PR or political position.

Edited by Drai

We're calling them on their hypocrisy. I don't think that's imitating them. They have literally forced people to leave peace mode under threat of perma-ZI but when they do it it's perfectly acceptable.

You're not calling them out on their hypocrisy, you are making fun people who use peace mode as a tactic. That's what the NPO does. And now, if your alliance ever gets in a war and has any nations go into peace mode it will be perfectly acceptable to ridicule you as well, and call you out on your hypocrisy. It's a vicious circle.

I agree though, that going into peace mode just to have banks for rebuilding after is a useless tactic in this conflict. Those troops would have been better off used as fighters. It's probably too late for that now.

Anyway, glad to see some NPO's actually helping their allies out.

You're not calling them out on their hypocrisy, you are making fun people who use peace mode as a tactic. That's what the NPO does. And now, if your alliance ever gets in a war and has any nations go into peace mode it will be perfectly acceptable to ridicule you as well, and call you out on your hypocrisy. It's a vicious circle.
It has come to my attention that there are members of the Rebelling Brown Colony who are not embracing the passion that is within their souls.

This disturbs me deeply, for I have given all of the Brown Colony the chance to truly be free and be overrun with the passion within the souls of my storm troopers as well as within their own souls. I refuse to allow the members of the Brown Colony to miss the greatest event in their lives… the event that will set them free.

Today is the last day of April, and the Imperial Military Analysts have scribed the name of every GATO nation in peace mode. On May 3rd, they shall check their list and any nation still in peace mode shall only know peace or death.

Their nations shall become a prison, cut off from the world of trade, relations, and life. No system shall harbor them under penalty of war. No aid shall be given under penalty of death. Long after the Brown Rebellion is put down, those that refused to fight will continue to struggle in this world.

Be it Ordered this 30th day of April, 2008

Emperor Revenge

New [Pacific] Order

It's not hypocrisy for them?

Every major alliance in this war has a significant amount of nations in peace mode. It would be stupid not to in a nuclear war where all the top nations end up in anarchy, and are thus unable to redeploy, so you have a reserve in peace mode. There's a pretty big difference between doing that, and true hippy alliances that just get as many people into peacemode and try to take as little damage as possible until they can get surrender terms.

Try to keep in mind that the NPO is suddenly finding itself in a position opposite to what it usually is. When engaging other alliances, it discouraged peace mode when it could because that meant the enemy lacked the ability to effectively engage in a long war at a level that would endanger mid to high level NPO nations. Low level nations can easily have their wars funded, so it's not as big a deal if the enemy is forced to resort to dealing with them. When GATO had been beaten down to mostly that point in our war with them a year ago, it was both boon and bane for us. Suddenly, at around 1k NS, we had plenty of juicy targets that we could pillage for our own survival. These are nations that aren't used to the rigors of war and can be caught with their pants down and purse wide open, since a few were tech dealers. This also meant that the NPO could send as little as a single aid package of 3mil and suddenly the NPO weakling is twice the size of your own.

Keeping those larger nations in peace for a period of time means you have a military and financial reserve that you can tap once they can shift out of peace mode. Coordinating the emergence of a handful of these nations allows you to pit them against a foe to help a fellow alliance member or to aid an ally and to spread out some of their stored wealth to nations needing it to continue the fight unimpeded, such as nations with bills just out of their reach. There's also keeping them in reserve for rebuilding afterwards, but that's kinda silly in the grand scheme of things. Without this, I'm sure you can remember what happened to GATO after the peace mode decree. Those big nations we had couldn't help as much anymore, since they had their own troubles to deal with, so aid grew scarce. We were forced to make do with what we had at an earlier stage than would've normally been necessary. *shrugs*

Different priorities, different mindsets, different situations. As someone said in another thread, NPO is going to act in the manner that will best grant them victory.

It's all pretty cool if you think about it long enough. CN doesn't allow for a whole lot of strategy in warfare, but we still manage to make it sound complicated. >_>

dear Israfeel, you are welcome to use this sig

WaPropaganda.png

This peace mode taunting is really ridiculous. The guys in there, the ones with half a brain, understand some nations stay in peace mode to recover, some to bring aid later, some to bring recovery aid after war and others to come as a second wave.

While I can see this as a tactic to get them to come out, I hope none of you believe what you are saying.

Hell, at least we arent threatening Perma ZI on every NPO nation who stays in peace mode.... Sound familiar?

PYT.