Looks like the NPO's making it's counter strike

Raider

dear Israfeel, you are welcome to use this sig

WaPropaganda.png

I thought the "Hegemony = Karma" propaganda had become pretty ridiculous after Karma has been handing out lenient peace terms to surrendering alliances and individual nations. And in this case it's also based on nothing, individual members of Karma taunting the NPO for having nations in peace mode, and contradicting it's own policies is something different then sentencing people to PZI over it.

But I guess some people will just continue to see what they want to see, and be blind for the rest. In the case of some alliances and their members really nothing has changed since before this war.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I just want them to live up to the standards they've put other alliances to. If they're going to demand people not go into peace mode against them they better not go there themselves.

Form what I have seen these last two weeks, you'd fit in very weill in the NPO. Right kind of character.

If you stare into the abyss......

Hell, at least we arent threatening Perma ZI on every NPO nation who stays in peace mode.... Sound familiar?

^ this, Many a GATO member remembers all to well the Orders opinion of its enemies in Peace mode and the punishment it wished to dish out in regards to that.

^ this, Many a GATO member remembers all to well the Orders opinion of its enemies in Peace mode and the punishment it wished to dish out in regards to that.

I'd say not yet you havn't but you should read around, popular sentiment seems to be leaning toward the harsher side. The war is still young, as frustration grows we can only expect more.

dear Israfeel, you are welcome to use this sig

WaPropaganda.png

I don't see any hypocracy. What comes around goes around. If your sins are great then so will your punishment be. If you have not commited any great sins you will not be punished greatly (see all the white peace agreements karma has given out). The problem with the NPOs behaviour is that their punishment has no correlation to the 'crime' commited against them. In the NPO there is only the punishment of death regardless of the 'crime' (see VietFAN 2 and the GATO war).

I'd say not yet you havn't but you should read around, popular sentiment seems to be leaning toward the harsher side. The war is still young, as frustration grows we can only expect more.

Popular sentiment? You aren't referring to the poll are you? The one where people from the Hegemony side can vote for the harshest punishment to make it appear that is what Karma wants? Or is it you are cherrypicking comments from here and there and passing them off as popular sentiment?

Funny. When popular sentiment is an obstruction in NPO's path to its goals they brush it aside as having no meaning or worth to those with power. When popular sentiment means something bad might happen to NPO, however, it becomes the be-all, end-all measure of future events! This is remarkably similar to the NPO attitude toward harsh surrender terms and draconian rules of war: they are "justice" when NPO employs them, but when someone employs them on NPO to bring them to justice it's cruel and hypocritical.

I guess they figure that since they've made double standards such an ordinary part of everyday life for us we won't notice when they keep coming up with new ones.

Still funny to see that the very thing that this coalition preaches against it seeks to imitate in every step. I doubt anything is going to change, just the names.

Well said. Considering all the rhetoric about how much Karma wishes to be different to the NPO and put an end to their heinous ways, it's amusing to see them saying exactly the same things here that the NPO said about peace-mode in the past. You guys who are goading them to get out of peace mode, can't you see that you're acting in exactly the same way that the NPO did? Using the justification of 'well NPO did it so it's okay if we do it back' does not wash, you've painted yourself as the classy bunch so the onus is on you to start living up to that. The goading of Valhalla, TPF, and recently NPO for using the legitimate peace-mode tactic in this war just because they're on the opposite side to you is weak.

Edited by Aimee Mann

Well said. Considering all the rhetoric about how much Karma wishes to be different to the NPO and put an end to their heinous ways, it's amusing to see them saying exactly the same things here that the NPO said about peace-mode in the past. You guys who are goading them to get out of peace mode, can't you see that you're acting in exactly the same way that the NPO did? Using the justification of 'well NPO did it so it's okay if we do it back' does not wash, you've painted yourself as the classy bunch so the onus is on you to start living up to that. The goading of Valhalla, TPF, and recently NPO for using the legitimate peace-mode tactic in this war just because they're on the opposite side to you is weak.

Ironic considering your sig pic. :P

It came with the latest TWiP. What can I say, I'm just a sucker for a freebie :awesome:

But seriously, one sig exposing the hypocrisy of the NPO is not comparable to entering every thread and saying exactly the same things that the NPO said in their time. As someone wiser than me already said earlier in the thread, if you do that you're starting a vicious cycle.

Edited by Aimee Mann

It came with the latest TWiP. What can I say, I'm just a sucker for a freebie :awesome:

Ok, then. So just to clarify. You carrying that sig pic is not "goading people out of peace mode like the NPO used to", it is pointing out hypocrisy, I assume? :P

And once again we've got to point out that Karma, unlike NPO et al, is not threatening the entire alliance with permanent ZI if their peace mode nations do not enter war mode.

I realise that that Coke/Pepsi picture is very clever but maybe you should make an effort to look at the details before covering your eyes and blindly adopting either side's propaganda?

I realise that that Coke/Pepsi picture is very clever but maybe you should make an effort to look at the details before covering your eyes and blindly adopting either side's propaganda?

Well, it is clever if you ignore the fact that Coke and Pepsi don't taste the same at all.

Ok, then. So just to clarify. You carrying that sig pic is not "goading people out of peace mode like the NPO used to", it is pointing out hypocrisy, I assume? :P

Exactly. I think they *should* stay in peace mode for strategic reasons which have already been outlined in this thread. What I don't like is people mocking others for using peace mode. I didn't like it when NPO did it (hence the sig) and I don't like it now (hence my whining ITT).

Edited by Aimee Mann

Exactly. I think they *should* stay in peace mode for strategic reasons which have already been outlined in this thread. What I don't like is people mocking others for using peace mode. I didn't like it when NPO did it (hence the sig) and I don't like it now (hence my whining ITT).

You do know that most people you accuse of goading people out of peace mode are actually asking them to come out of peace mode as a means of pointing out their hypocrisy?

I think most people on the Karma side know of the strategic use of peace mode as they have been curbstomped at least once before and were baited and ridiculed incessantly for using the tactic. Excuse me if I don't shed a tear while some of those people laugh at those that ridiculed them as they huddle together in peace mode.

Afterall, it wasn't us that said its use was cowardice. It wasn't us that forced nations in peace mode to pay a large chunk of alliance reparations after wars ended. And it wasn't us that demanded peace mode nations come out and get ZI'd as part of peace terms.

But, yes, do go on and tell us how we are just as bad as the NPO was.

If people think peace mode in a large war is an act of cowardice then they are an idiot. But if you label people as such then don;t cry when others remind you of it when the roles are reversed.

Edited by Tygaland

Did you choose to disregard the posts which explained that if we were doing the same as NPO were doing their would be a topic up right now from Karma saying that all Hegemony nations in peace mode would be perma ZI'd if they did not come out by x date. I suppose though its how low Hegemony has to go by using propoganda of 'you are doing just what we did, you is bad'.

You do know that most people you accuse of goading people out of peace mode are actually asking the come out of peace mode as a means of pointing out their hypocrisy?

I wish this was true, but I don't believe it. They're just doing it because the NPO are in a weak position now and they can't pass up the opportunity to spit on them as they're going down. Which is exactly what NPO did when they were the top dogs.

But, yes, do go on and tell us how we are just as bad as the NPO was.

I have not said that so please don't put words in my mouth. There are similarities in one area: the mocking of peace mode, that's it - no other similarities. Is every tiny criticism of you guys going to result in 'we're not as bad as the NPO was, you'd do well to remember that' type replies? That's going to get boring very quickly.

Did you choose to disregard the posts which explained that if we were doing the same as NPO were doing their would be a topic up right now from Karma saying that all Hegemony nations in peace mode would be perma ZI'd if they did not come out by x date. I suppose though its how low Hegemony has to go by using propoganda of 'you are doing just what we did, you is bad'.

So anything short of perma-ZI is okay and I should just shut up because it's not as bad as it was? Give me a break. If you start acting like the hegemony did in one area, then yes I am going to point that out and I am going to criticise it. Doesn't mean you're the same in ALL areas.

Also, I am not hegemony and just because my posts aren't 'HAHAHA NPO suck' it doesn't mean I'm a propagandist for the other side.

Edited by Aimee Mann

So anything short of perma-ZI is okay and I should just shut up because it's not as bad as it was? Give me a break. If you start acting like the hegemony did, then yes I am going to point that out and I am going to criticise it.

Also, I am not hegemony and just because my posts aren't 'HAHAHA NPO suck' it doesn't mean I'm a propagandist for the other side.

Our side just taunting them is, it's all part of war one side taunting and picking at their flaws.

I wish this was true, but I don't believe it. They're just doing it because the NPO are in a weak position now and they can't pass up the opportunity to spit on them as they're going down. Which is exactly what NPO did when they were the top dogs.

Oh, so you asked them all for their reasons for posting whatever it is they posted? Or you just leapt to a conclusion and ran with it?

I have not said that so please don't put words in my mouth. There are similarities in one area: the mocking of peace mode, that's it - no other similarities. Is every tiny criticism of you guys going to result in 'we're not as bad as the NPO was, you'd do well to remember that' type replies? That's going to get boring very quickly.

You said a couple of times in your original post that Karma was just the same as the NPO. If a few people taking the piss out of the NPO people that punished and ridiculed people in peace mode in previous wars for doing the same thing they demonised is the biggest complaint you have then you really have nothing to complain about at all.

And I cannot take your indignance seriously while you continue to carry a sig pic that was from an article that was calling out the NPO about peace mode.

So anything short of perma-ZI is okay and I should just shut up because it's not as bad as it was? Give me a break. If you start acting like the hegemony did in one area, then yes I am going to point that out and I am going to criticise it. Doesn't mean you're the same in ALL areas.

But, by criticising us for being hypocrites, aren't you as bad as we are? :huh:

Its taunting for now.

We'll see if that manifests itself on terms.

Yes, why not make a poll about it and get everyone to vote and then we can use that as unquestionable proof. Either that or a magic 8-ball.