Looks like the NPO's making it's counter strike

Raider

You're not calling them out on their hypocrisy, you are making fun people who use peace mode as a tactic. That's what the NPO does. And now, if your alliance ever gets in a war and has any nations go into peace mode it will be perfectly acceptable to ridicule you as well, and call you out on your hypocrisy. It's a vicious circle.

The Pacifican peace corps is clearly no longer a war tactic, but a method of preventing the core of the Pacifican war machine from facing the consequences of its actions, while Pacifica's lower ranks and allies face the full brunt of retribution.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, why not make a poll about it and get everyone to vote and then we can use that as unquestionable proof. Either that or a magic 8-ball.

I'd rather wait for the terms... :P

Maybe then we can see Karma is just a group of alliances wanting to knock the top dog off or something else.

The Pacifican peace corps is clearly no longer a war tactic, but a method of preventing the core of the Pacifican war machine from facing the consequences of its actions, while Pacifica's lower ranks and allies face the full brunt of retribution.

I'm sure they don't mind that the people who canceled on them are getting beat.

Maybe then we can see Karma is just a group of alliances wanting to knock the top dog off or something else.

Oh, so now you are going to wait for the terms rather than preach about what you think they will be and scream about what will never happen. That is a start, I guess.

How? If Karma is " what goes around comes around" then any punishment handed to NPO that is harsh, is only of their own doing. Now if Karma was what goes around comes around and slaps you on the wrist, I could see your point.

I'm sure they don't mind that the people who canceled on them are getting beat.

True. They should, however, care about those that did not cancel on them, and care that they are sending their lower-ranks out to the slaughter whilst their large nations kick back and watch from peace mode.

Everyone whining about Karma's hypocrisy would do well to remind themselves what the point of this war is. What goes around, comes around. It's not really punishment if the majority of those at fault sit in peace mode while their meatshields take the hits.

Masking hypocrisy under some absurd idea is good propaganda, but don't fool yourselves as well in the process. This is revenge, this is greed, and most of all this is opportunism.

CN works like this, and NPO made a bad decision they are paying for but claiming the moral high ground by saying that you are executioner of "Karma" is ridiculous.

And Tyga, i'll be preaching while they come.

Edited by Israfeel

Masking hypocrisy under some absurd idea is good propaganda, but don't fool yourselves as well in the process. This is revenge, this is greed, and most of all this is opportunism.

While I understand your loyalty, you should leave the Francoism discussion to Vladimir.

CN works like this, and NPO made a bad decision they are paying for but claiming the moral high ground by saying that you are executioner of "Karma" is ridiculous.

Who said they were executioner of Karma? It is a title.

What does that even mean?

Edited by Tygaland

Oh, so you asked them all for their reasons for posting whatever it is they posted? Or you just leapt to a conclusion and ran with it?

You said a couple of times in your original post that Karma was just the same as the NPO. If a few people taking the piss out of the NPO people that punished and ridiculed people in peace mode in previous wars for doing the same thing they demonised is the biggest complaint you have then you really have nothing to complain about at all.

And I cannot take your indignance seriously while you continue to carry a sig pic that was from an article that was calling out the NPO about peace mode.

I leapt to the conclusion, just like you leapt to the conclusion that they're all taking the piss and pointing out the NPO hypocrisy. I'd suggest that neither us is going to be convinced on this, only time will tell whether what we're seeing is just war-time taunting or whether it's the start of a move towards punishing alliances for using peace mode.

I will remove the signature even though I feel you have fundamentally missed it's point: it is not 'calling them out' about using peace mode or ridiculing the actual use of peace mode: it is about revelling in the hypocrisy of Bakunin's statement. Nevertheless, it is gone, hopefully we can concentrate on my actual posts now :P

Edited by Aimee Mann

VE did not expect that. Over 100k NS loss in one night is just.. a lot. Given the odds.

You've inserted your opinion into this thread. You do not no what you're talking about, but I'm glad you've exercised your right to have an opinion.

And to all of those who are whining about the alliances fighting under the banner of "Karma" that are no different than NPO, I say to you - Look at the big picture! This war is not over and it'll get uglier the longer it goes.

I may not be correct when I say this, but I always thought the word "Karma" inferred the idea of "What goes around, comes around."

NPO tried to bully OV. They were called to the mat and now must deal with the repercussions of their bullish behavior.

Also -

In Moo's declaration of war against Ordo Verde he stated:

...May Admin have mercy on your soul, for we shall have none. http://forums.cybernations.net/index...howtopic=54735

Moo addressing the nations of Karma:

My Admin have mercy on their souls, for we shall have none. http://forums.cybernations.net/index...howtopic=54872

If the nations fighting NPO are fortunate to win this war and you think "white peace" is the proper sentence for NPO, you have no understanding of the situation. Look at Moo's statements!

I do not speak for my alliance or any other alliance fighting for "Karma", but the punishment needs to fit the crime. To let NPO walk away with a "white peace" after starting all of this mess would be a blunder of massive proportions.

I'm sorry but NPO has caused all this on themselves. They never forget past transgressions why should any of the alliances that compose Karma? NPO claimed that GWIII was retribution for GWI, that's almost a year of preparation for a war that destroyed all opposition to the Initiative. NPO has since been worse than ever, they had more sway over the Continuum than they did over the Initiative. Karma has every right to give NPO harsh terms. Hell I think they gave NATO terms that were too easy.

I leapt to the conclusion, just like you leapt to the conclusion that they're all taking the piss and pointing out the NPO hypocrisy. I'd suggest that neither us is going to be convinced on this, only time will tell whether what we're seeing is just war-time taunting or whether it's the start of a move towards punishing alliances for using peace mode.

True, but I'm not the one moralising about it. :P

I will remove the signature even though I feel you have fundamentally missed it's point: it is not 'calling them out' about using peace mode or ridiculing the actual use of peace mode: it is about revelling the hypocrisy of Bakunin's statement. Nevertheless, it is gone, hopefully we can concentrate on my actual posts now :P

I was concentrating on your posts, I believe I addressed them all. ;)

If the nations fighting NPO are fortunate to win this war and you think "white peace" is the proper sentence for NPO, you have no understanding of the situation. Look at Moo's statements!

I do not speak for my alliance or any other alliance fighting for "Karma", but the punishment needs to fit the crime. To let NPO walk away with a "white peace" after starting all of this mess would be a blunder of massive proportions.

Where has anyone said that NPO should have white peace? They need to be punished, but by using the same methods that NPO did to their victims you are destroying any moral high-ground in one move, and any chance that we could have a better world at the end of this will be gone.

I will remove the signature even though I feel you have fundamentally missed it's point: it is not 'calling them out' about using peace mode or ridiculing the actual use of peace mode: it is about revelling the hypocrisy of Bakunin's statement. Nevertheless, it is gone, hopefully we can concentrate on my actual posts now :P

I don't believe tyga leapt to any conclusion, he seems to be making a very well informed conclusion based on past experience with NPO and co, as well as the now karma side.

If it's the start of a move towards punishing alliances for using peace, I think none of the karma alliances would be using peace mode as tactics. Look at gremlins or MK or any other alliance, they're using it.

Thus, you can conclude that they're not against using peace mode, since these alliances and others such as STA have used peace mode in the past war and are still using it this war.

While keeping all these facts in hand, then remembering how NPO put nations on PZI for being in peace mode during a war, you'd be hardpressed to find any other conclusion then the pointing out of hypocrisy when speaking of NPO.

Where has anyone said that NPO should have white peace? They need to be punished, but by using the same methods that NPO did to their victims you are destroying any moral high-ground in one move, and any chance that we could have a better world at the end of this will be gone.

Karma is putting all NPO peace mode nations on PZI? I wasn't aware.

Anyone above 20k NS should be able to give out aid. Staying in peace mode for the purposes of giving out aid is probably the worst reason I've ever seen. Many of those people probably have many hundreds of millions and staying in war/peace mode won't change their ability to aid one lick.

Try having access to CN about only once or twice a week.

Not everyone in peace mode is a coward.

Karma is putting all NPO peace mode nations on PZI? I wasn't aware.

I did not say that. I've said that this anti-peace mode rhetoric is a pre-cursor to punishing the use of peace mode in terms. Only time will tell whether this is true, but it's a concern for me at this point and thus, I'm expressing it.

Also, you seem to be suggesting that anything short of PZI is fine and dandy, just by virtue of it not being as bad as PZI. That's ludicrous.

I think most people on the Karma side ... have been curbstomped at least once before

Wait what?

I must have missed when the following alliances got curbstomped.

Ordo Verde

The Global Order Of Darkness

Ragnarok

RnR

Monos Archein

Random Insanity Alliance

International Protection Agency

Ascended Republic of Elite States

Apocalypse

The Order of Halsa

Vanguard

The International

Majestic Order of Orange Nations

Orion

FOK

iFOK

Iunctus

Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes

1 Touch Football

Umbrella

Grämlins

Fifth Column Confederation

The Order of the Paradox

The Aquatic Brotherhood

The Centurion Brotherhood

Republic of Allied Defenses

Imperial Knights

Assassin Order

Amazon Nation

The Templar Knights

Coalition of Royal Allied Powers

57th Overlanders

Coalition of Independent Nations

League of Extraordinary Nations

OTF Alliance

Order of the Black Rose

Blackwater

Sparta

The Dark Templar

Dark Evolution

Nemesis

League of Small Superpowers

Federation of Buccaneers

Alpha Omega

The Immortals

The Shadow Confederacy

Central Defense Corps

Deck of International Card Experts

Avalanche

Global United Nations

Poison Clan

FOUND

The German Empire

Christian Coalition of Countries

The Oceanic Alliance

Kronos

Argent

Big Top Order

Mighty Armed States of Honor

The Syndicate

Internet Superheroes

The Forsaken Ones

White Tree

League of United Defense

Union of Communist Republics

Blackhorse

Tuatha De Danann

The Federation

=Western Empire=

Mostly Harmless Alliance

Amaranth

The Brigade

Another Alliance

IngSoc

Royal Order of Confederate Kingdoms

New Sith Order

SSX

Alliance of Powerful Penguinz

Aquatic Coalition Front

Order of the Crown and Dagger

The Sweet Oblivion

The Galactic Republic

The Imperium of Man

The Ravyns

Itova

NOVA

Well maybe I missed one or two in there. That's a whole lotta alliances. But most alliances? C'mon.

I even removed alliances like WAPA that got curbstomped by people on your side.

If it's the start of a move towards punishing alliances for using peace, I think none of the karma alliances would be using peace mode as tactics. Look at gremlins or MK or any other alliance, they're using it.

Thus, you can conclude that they're not against using peace mode, since these alliances and others such as STA have used peace mode in the past war and are still using it this war.

Are you kidding? As the likely victors they can use peace mode as they wish because they are currently in no danger of having to accept terms at the end of this. I agree with the rest of your post, and certainly do not discount Tyga's opinions out of hand. We just disagree here, is all.

Wait what?

I must have missed when the following alliances got curbstomped.

Well maybe I missed one or two in there. That's a whole lotta alliances. But most alliances? C'mon.

I even removed alliances like WAPA that got curbstomped by people on your side.

Well, you'd have a point, if I said alliances. I said people.

True. They should, however, care about those that did not cancel on them, and care that they are sending their lower-ranks out to the slaughter whilst their large nations kick back and watch from peace mode.

Your concern for my alliance is touching, but I think you should let the NPO's allies decide for ourselves what we think of Pacifica's war strategy.

Your concern for my alliance is touching, but I think you should let the NPO's allies decide for ourselves what we think of Pacifica's war strategy.

You surrendered so I'm sure he wasn't talking about you.