Joint Announcement; End of Hostilities

Wow, you have it backwards.

If TPF accepted peace before TOOL, then there would be something wrong with TPF. TOOL taking it before TPF isn't dishonorable in the slightest.

Also, if this is so dishonorable, where were you in all the other threads where people surrendered before the people who they were defending? Is RoK this desperate to troll TOOL?

[OOC]I do not spend my life in front of a computer. I quite frankly have better things to do than point out all the fallacies in the policies of alliances and bring out the lies.[/OOC]

I am not in the government of RoK and do not represent the "official" stance. If TOOL honestly came to defend TPF then I would expect them to stick it out until TPF got peace. After all isn't that what a mutual defense treaty requires them to do. If TPF and TOOL are true allies then they would have went together in the peace talks as allies. I don't believe that happened here as I don't see TPF getting peace.

As it stands TOOL still has a treaty with TPF. TPF will likely get attacked again and TOOL won't come to defend them. I'm just saying if your not willing to honor treaties, don't sign them.

Edited by the riddler

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess peace is not what the people want, they want to watch alliances beat each other up until there's nothing left. The terms were very fair, deal with it. Why are you all complaining that we didn't give them ridiculous terms? What do you expect us to do, be another NPO? Oh yeah, we didn't surrender by the way, I was enjoying myself in that war.

Edited by Derka Derek

I guess peace is not what the people want, they want to watch alliances beat each other up until there's nothing left. The terms were very fair, deal with it. Why are you all complaining that we didn't give them ridiculous terms? What do you expect us to do, be another NPO? Oh yeah, we didn't surrender by the way, I was enjoying myself in that war.

I wasn't complaining, I'm quite glad TOOL managed to get out of a war they were on the losing side of with more or less positive terms. I think most of us are just puzzled, is all.

I'm going to go ahead and take the blame for the crappy wording of #5. I was in a hurry to get back to other affairs of state (ooc)the library was closing and I needed to be in it(/ooc). I kind of rushed things, and didn't want to spend much time with language. I'm sorry.

It was clear to all the parties though. We had already declared on NPO, so the restriction in section 5 wouldn't effect us anyway unless we wanted to declare on them again and that's just silly. Just to be sure we put in section 8. It's not the cleanest language, but I really don't care, and I'm not sure why any of you do either.

Edited by Trinite

I wasn't complaining, I'm quite glad TOOL managed to get out of a war they were on the losing side of with more or less positive terms. I think most of us are just puzzled, is all.

No worries, that was not directed at you, it was directed at the general response to this thread, which was pretty much we chickened out. Although I'll admit this announcement's wording wasn't the best. It still got the point across though, some confusion came along with it is all.

Edited by Derka Derek

I think the expectation was that all alliances fighting on the 'Karma' side would follow terms along the lines of the POW surrender terms. You know, destruction of military improvs, disarmament, etc. That isn't viewed as harsh, and is usually the standard amongst most alliance wars. What you guys effectively did was let TOOL go with no negative consequences whatsoever, and with the promise that they wouldn't re-enter the war. That's a concession that I think people are having trouble with, considering that Karma is winning the war in general. You only give concessions if you're giving up, or surrendering. . .and you gave some.

I think the expectation was that all alliances fighting on the 'Karma' side would follow terms along the lines of the POW surrender terms. You know, destruction of military improvs, disarmament, etc. That isn't viewed as harsh, and is usually the standard amongst most alliance wars. What you guys effectively did was let TOOL go with no negative consequences whatsoever, and with the promise that they wouldn't re-enter the war. That's a concession that I think people are having trouble with, considering that Karma is winning the war in general. You only give concessions if you're giving up, or surrendering. . .and you gave some.
Consider it this way: Sparta et al. could have kept the war going without peace. They probably would have won and driven TOOL/FnKa into the ground, completely destroying them. TOOL and FnKa were not going to surrender - they'd rather go ZI. But this way, TOOL gets to get out with relatively minor damage, and Sparta gets to get out and save all the nuking that TOOL would have done. Even if you know you're eventually going to win, eating another 800 nukes over the course of a month is not an entirely appetizing prospect. So it wasn't Sparta giving concessions to TOOL as opposed to saving themselves the large amount of trouble more war would have caused.

I'm going to go ahead and take the blame for the crappy wording of #5. I was in a hurry to get back to other affairs of state (ooc)the library was closing and I needed to be in it(/ooc). I kind of rushed things, and didn't want to spend much time with language. I'm sorry.

It was clear to all the parties though. We had already declared on NPO, so the restriction in section 5 wouldn't effect us anyway unless we wanted to declare on them again and that's just silly. Just to be sure we put in section 8. It's not the cleanest language, but I really don't care, and I'm not sure why any of you do either.

Ah, so You're the one that misspelled your own name, eh, Trintie?

Nicely fought to all.

Consider it this way: Sparta et al. could have kept the war going without peace. They probably would have won and driven TOOL/FnKa into the ground, completely destroying them. TOOL and FnKa were not going to surrender - they'd rather go ZI. But this way, TOOL gets to get out with relatively minor damage, and Sparta gets to get out and save all the nuking that TOOL would have done. Even if you know you're eventually going to win, eating another 800 nukes over the course of a month is not an entirely appetizing prospect. So it wasn't Sparta giving concessions to TOOL as opposed to saving themselves the large amount of trouble more war would have caused.

This holds some truth to it. We are warlike, but not to the extent of punishing others and ourselves beyond that is necessary.

Edited by Geiseric

Yay peace! It was an honour to fight you guys

o/ Honoured Enemies

o/ DT

o/ AO

o/ Blackhorse

I didn't fight any Spartan nations so... xd

We weren't going to give in until we had some kind of surrender from the other side. The fact that TPF doesn't have to worry about the alliances that were in war with us is a small measure of peace I suppose.

Hmmm, really?

So what does the following mean then:

4/30/09 New Sparta DoW's on NPO

Clarification please?

edit: to bold/highlight portion of quote

8 ) This agreement for peace doesn't effect Sparta's stance with the NPO in their current conflict.

Clarified.

Just in case though let me say it straight up.

Sparta is still at war with NPO.

That being said hastily written treaty is poorly worded.

)): Trinite )):

Edited by wandmdave

As a Sith I am disappointed with the unfinished tasks this turn of events certainly leaves, and hope only that the vanquished allow their internal hatred and emotion to grow. It certainly would help to avoid situations such as these.

[OOC]I do not spend my life in front of a computer. I quite frankly have better things to do than point out all the fallacies in the policies of alliances and bring out the lies.[/OOC]

I am not in the government of RoK and do not represent the "official" stance. If TOOL honestly came to defend TPF then I would expect them to stick it out until TPF got peace. After all isn't that what a mutual defense treaty requires them to do. If TPF and TOOL are true allies then they would have went together in the peace talks as allies. I don't believe that happened here as I don't see TPF getting peace.

As it stands TOOL still has a treaty with TPF. TPF will likely get attacked again and TOOL won't come to defend them. I'm just saying if your not willing to honor treaties, don't sign them.

Graham and I had a talk before he went to talks. I told him he had my blessing for them to work out a white peace deal. They did what they could and that is all we can ask as allies. They didn't go behind our backs and I was well aware and approved of them seeking peace.