Joint Announcement; End of Hostilities

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparta, DT, Brig, AO: You guys thought this was needed? You could probably have 'encouraged' TOOL to take harsher terms. As it is, this looks like a concession on the part of you guys. You have basically stated that you won't have any more serious involvement in this war, which is far more than you should have given to an alliance that looks as if it's surrendering to you guys (TOOL).

Bad form, Sparta, DT, Brig, and AO

Basically all the Karma alliances on this treaty pussied out. The most shameful part of what has happened was Sparta. They've white-peaced NPO and disguised it as white-peacing a second-tier alliance.

If you're going to white peace NPO at least do it openly, goddamnit.

Basically all the Karma alliances on this treaty pussied out. The most shameful part of what has happened was Sparta. They've white-peaced NPO and disguised it as white-peacing a second-tier alliance.

They did not. Article 8 is an exception to Article 5.

-Bama

Did you even bother to read the terms?

let me refresh your memory:

8 ) This agreement for peace doesn't effect Sparta's stance with the NPO in their current conflict.

that do anything for ya?

Sorry to see the KARMA alliances surrender. I thought you guys were doing well, guess not.

5 ) Sparta, DT, AO, and Brig agree NOT to declare war, offensively, against any of the following alliances: IRON, TPF, FEAR, NEW, UCN, Zenith or NPO until the end of the "Karma" War.

looks like they cant redeclare.

Edited by Killer Monkey land

Sorry to see the KARMA alliances surrender. I thought you guys were doing well, guess not.

5 ) Sparta, DT, AO, and Brig agree NOT to declare war, offensively, against any of the following alliances: IRON, TPF, FEAR, NEW, UCN, Zenith or NPO until the end of the "Karma" War.

looks like they cant redeclare.

This is not a surrender for anyone. This is white peace, so in effect, a draw.

Also, as it's been stated, Sparta is allowed to continue its war with NPO.

First question: Why is the word "aid" CAPITALIZED in clause 3?

Second question: Why would Karma alliances give any concessions to their opponents, at all? I personally like TOOL and don't really dislike any of the others, so I'm happy to see them score what amounts to a victory, given their position, but it is rather puzzling to see happen.

Just because the word "surrender" wasn't used in the agreement doesn't mean that isn't what it was.

First question: Why is the word "aid" CAPITALIZED in clause 3?

Second question: Why would Karma alliances give any concessions to their opponents, at all? I personally like TOOL and don't really dislike any of the others, so I'm happy to see them score what amounts to a victory, given their position, but it is rather puzzling to see happen.

Not to mention, why is NPO listed at all in Clause 5 if it's negated by Clause 8? Obviously it means something, so what exactly is this being interpreted to mean?

I laughed. A white peace does not mean a draw. It merely means they don't demand you to give up control of parts of your alliance. A draw would imply that both were fought to a standstill which I know is not true.

Not to mention, why is NPO listed at all in Clause 5 if it's negated by Clause 8? Obviously it means something, so what exactly is this being interpreted to mean?

The other alliances pledged not to hit NPO. Sparta is an exception as per Article 8.

-Bama

As it's written, it's incredibly vague and the only reasonable conclusion is what KML said. To have a clause three clauses afterwards that creates an exception, and then word that exception clause in so vague a manner that it isn't actually clear that that is what it is, well that's just poor writing, right there. For shame.