Joint Announcement; End of Hostilities

If i'd known my personal opinion was going to get such a hostile response, i would have kept my mouth shut. My point is that, although we lost significantly more NS than Sparta did (duh, they're far higher scoring than us), the situation isn't black and white as that.

In my eyes, this was a draw because although we lost big time NS (=loss) we defended TPF militarly, and now we've helped alieviate the load on them with this agreement (=win).

Win + Loss = Draw

I'm likely to get trolled again for daring to post my personal opinion (:gag: THE HORROR!), but frankly, do what you like, i couldn't care less.

If you really view this as a military victory, then so be it as I doubt I can change your opinion even if I feel differently.

You guys fought with honor and conviction so cheers to that.

Edited by Matthew Conrad

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*snip*

TOOL was ready to go down fighting for our allies

Ragnarok, a MDoAP partner to TOOL, got declared on by Legion long before anyone declared on TPF. Should TOOL have, you know, defended Ragnarok over TPF for that essential fact? I think the MD in a MDoAP stands for Mutual Defense, do correct me if I'm wrong. I guess if Ragnarok was on the White sphere, perhaps they would've had help from TOOL. :rolleyes: Neutrality was an option, too.

TOOL has done it's duty, we've protected many of our allies from potential attack.

Oh really? The only one TOOL really came to defend was TPF. IRON, another MDoAP partner, is still under attack and getting steamrolled.

Where's the friendship these days? :(

Ragnarok, a MDoAP partner to TOOL, got declared on by Legion long before anyone declared on TPF. Should TOOL have, you know, defended Ragnarok over TPF for that essential fact? I think the MD in a MDoAP stands for Mutual Defense, do correct me if I'm wrong. I guess if Ragnarok was on the White sphere, perhaps they would've had help from TOOL. :rolleyes: Neutrality was an option, too.

Oh really? The only one TOOL really came to defend was TPF. IRON, another MDoAP partner, is still under attack and getting steamrolled.

Where's the friendship these days? :(

Right. It was made clear several times to all TOOL's allies before war began that anyone who went in on OV's side would be viewed as going in as OA. IRON went in as OA as well as did most of our other allies at this moment. We have done our duty to TPF.

You may have your own opinion of course, but TOOL won't agree with it. That is up to you. But TOOL perceives its duty as done. We protected TPF and did the best we could. So if you have a problem, guess its yours?

Right. It was made clear several times to all TOOL's allies before war began that anyone who went in on OV's side would be viewed as going in as OA. IRON went in as OA as well as did most of our other allies at this moment. We have done our duty to TPF.

You may have your own opinion of course, but TOOL won't agree with it. That is up to you. But TOOL perceives its duty as done. We protected TPF and did the best we could. So if you have a problem, guess its yours?

Right in essence, but you got a couple parts wrong. We told all of our allies, regardless of sides, that we would not defend anyone who entered aggressively, either by starting the war or by oA. RoK and FEAR entered on oA initially. TPF was the first TOOL ally to enter the war defensively. IRON also entered defensively, and while we did not directly engage any alliances fighting them, we did engage the other side of the war, keeping those alliances off IRON's back, not to mention getting four alliances to promise not to attack them.

-Bama

Right in essence, but you got a couple parts wrong. We told all of our allies, regardless of sides, that we would not defend anyone who entered aggressively, either by starting the war or by oA. RoK and FEAR entered on oA initially. TPF was the first TOOL ally to enter the war defensively. IRON also entered defensively, and while we did not directly engage any alliances fighting them, we did engage the other side of the war, keeping those alliances off IRON's back, not to mention getting four alliances to promise not to attack them.

-Bama

Didn't TPF enter the war on oA as well? Just like RoK and FEAR. I don't recall Karma being the ones to declare on TPF, and it was TPF who entered through agression clause in their treaty with NPO (??).

Not saying TOOL did anything wrong here or am slating you guys, just it seems you are arguing reasons for not entering for RoK and FEAR which can also be applied to TPF.

Edited by Morey 2k7

Didn't TPF enter the war on oA as well? Just like RoK and FEAR. I don't recall Karma being the ones to declare on TPF, and it was TPF who entered through agression clause in their treaty with NPO (??).

Not saying TOOL did anything wrong here or am slating you guys, just it seems you are arguing reasons for not entering for RoK and FEAR which can also be applied to TPF.

They entered through multiple defensive clauses held with NPO, as their first target was Avalanche. Avalanche had already launched attacks upon NPO.

@willirica

I'd like to offer my humblest condolences to DT. I'm very sorry Sparta did not allow DT to use us as leverage to extort reps from an alliance much bigger than you who entered the war through treaty obligations. At 25K ave NS I'm not sure how you guys are going to be able to rebuild from this war without reps. We should have taken that more fully into consideration. Apologies again for enacting our optional defensive treaty and then treating you so poorly.

Edited by wandmdave