Joint Announcement; End of Hostilities

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention, why is NPO listed at all in Clause 5 if it's negated by Clause 8? Obviously it means something, so what exactly is this being interpreted to mean?

Because it is only negated for Sparta, not for alliances like DT and AO.

As it's written, it's incredibly vague and the only reasonable conclusion is what KML said. To have a clause three clauses afterwards that creates an exception, and then word that exception clause in so vague a manner that it isn't actually clear that that is what it is, well that's just poor writing, right there. For shame.

It may be vague to you but the signatories of the treaty understand the meaning behind it. I'll admit it isn't the best written but the gist of it is clear to those who agreed to the terms. It could've been worded better but the meaning is still there. Sparta was already at war with NPO when this agreement was reached and therefore is exempt from that term. AO, TDT and Brig were not at war with NPO.

All this white peace makes me think someone should set a deadline. After so many days of war, if white peace is not declared, further concessions will be in the form of reps. Lots of good alliances are falling from the ranks in this war, at the current trend, this entire war will be a draw everyone just gets knocked down a few more notches than the next guy. Those who peace out now stand to have an advantage. But i suppose this war is about being fair.

congrats on the peace though ;)

It may be vague to you but the signatories of the treaty understand the meaning behind it. I'll admit it isn't the best written but the gist of it is clear to those who agreed to the terms. It could've been worded better but the meaning is still there. Sparta was already at war with NPO when this agreement was reached and therefore is exempt from that term. AO, TDT and Brig were not at war with NPO.

I'm not criticizing it, necessarily. Well, not you guys anyway. It was just an extremely awkward way to put it together and my more pedantic side doesn't appreciate that.

I don't agree with the wording of this announcement, but I know the real meaning so congrats to all. TOOL, it was fun fighting you guys; more enjoyable than NPOers I've fought so far. You guys were very respectful and I hope my opponents appreciated the respect I showed them also.

I'm guessing that #5 is a list of TOOL/FnKa mutual defense partners? That makes sense, if so. It seems to me that they didn't want to surrender, if it meant that the alliances they surrender to would redirect their attacks at an ally, which in normal circumstances, would activate their MDP, but after the usual terms of "Stay out of this war", they would be forced to watch as yet more alliances pile onto their allies.

I don't see anything wrong with #5 & #8, except that they aren't worded very concisely. As Bama said, #8 is an exception to #5, which makes sense, even if it's not written that clearly.

I'm glad to see this over, although I do kinda wish #5 and #8 were worded a little more clearly such that they wouldn't seem contradictory. Ah well, can't win 'em all :P

Oh, like it says in my bio:

Respect the Black Sphere, for therein lies much honour. o/

o/ Sparta

o/ DT

o/ Brigade

o/ AO

Edited by Uralica

I'm guessing that #5 is a list of TOOL/FnKa mutual defense partners? That makes sense, if so. It seems to me that they didn't want to surrender, if it meant that the alliances they surrender to would redirect their attacks at an ally, which in normal circumstances, would activate their MDP, but after the usual terms of "Stay out of this war", they would be forced to watch as yet more alliances pile onto their allies.

I don't see anything wrong with #5 & #8, except that they aren't worded very concisely. As Bama said, #8 is an exception to #5, which makes sense, even if it's not written that clearly.

The list is of alliances are the ones that TOOL is directly allied too. It would be a bit stupid to get peace with TOOL and then jump back in and attack one of their allies. To be honest, that concession wasn't a hard one to make for the Brigade, seeing as we were never planning on hitting any of TOOLs allies anyways.

Edited by Segovia

This is too soon.

Real honor in accepting peace before the alliance you defended accepts it, eh TOOL?

Wow, you have it backwards.

If TPF accepted peace before TOOL, then there would be something wrong with TPF. TOOL taking it before TPF isn't dishonorable in the slightest.

Also, if this is so dishonorable, where were you in all the other threads where people surrendered before the people who they were defending? Is RoK this desperate to troll TOOL?

The list of alliances are the ones that TOOL is directly allied too. It would be a bit stupid to get peace with TOOL and then jump back in and attack one of their allies. To be honest, that concession wasn't a hard one to make for the Brigade, seeing as we were never planning on hitting any of TOOLs allies anyways.

Right. This just shows that the alliances involved here fought honorably and ended it honorably - TOOL going so far as to only surrender when they could be assured at least some small measure of future security for the allies for which they entered this war. The people that are saying it's some sort of concession that makes it look like a draw are just silly. None of the alliances listed need more hitting them. They're filled. lol

Wow, you have it backwards.

If TPF accepted peace before TOOL, then there would be something wrong with TPF. TOOL taking it before TPF isn't dishonorable in the slightest.

Also, if this is so dishonorable, where were you in all the other threads where people surrendered before the people who they were defending? Is RoK this desperate to troll TOOL?

I think som members are upset that TOOL defended TPF instead of going neutral in the conflict and I was like that too until I thought about it and understood where they were coming from

Right. This just shows that the alliances involved here fought honorably and ended it honorably - TOOL going so far as to only surrender when they could be assured at least some small measure of future security for the allies for which they entered this war. The people that are saying it's some sort of concession that makes it look like a draw are just silly. None of the alliances listed need more hitting them. They're filled. lol

Thank you. :) This war wasn't about putting an alliance down. It was about defending allies and what you said was 100% correct.

Basically all the Karma alliances on this treaty pussied out. The most shameful part of what has happened was Sparta. They've white-peaced NPO and disguised it as white-peacing a second-tier alliance.

If you're going to white peace NPO at least do it openly, goddamnit.

Doh! Open mouth insert foot! :o