The Explanation as to why Soldier Picked TPF

The AUT

My old character, Misr, a terrible player whose persona was meant to just let die. He rerolled into a completely different character, TheAUT, who was attacked by The Phoenix Federation in the Stand and Die Conflict. A conflict of which I felt should've never happened and terms which I felt only suited them from a PR standpoint.

Let me start off with a little story. There once was an old man sitting on a bench all alone. People never talked to him and began spreading rumours about him. And because no one ever talked to him they (the people) were content to base their opinions on the old man on whatever people said about him. "He's cruel, he's mean." So after awhile the people just developed this opinion about the old man, but they didn't know who he was. They never talked to him, but because it was easy to just judge him from afar they held these ideas of him.

Following our short one day war with TPF, many in my alliance was fuming including myself. I won't deny that I went as far as to tell them to their faces I plan on just paying off the tech we owe then going to the other side of the web to ally myselves with people whom they did not agree with. I made a lot of mistakes during my time there. Due to respect for other alliances and friends, I will not divulge logs. But the alliances of Ragnarok and ARES were gearing up for an attack on us due to issues we had.

So I was scared. I figured I'd run to my old friends on the honorable side of the last war for protection since I really didn't want anything to do with TPF. So I ran to Tyga, and asked for a protectorate. He explained to me that he can't put his alliance in danger due to my controversial history and I understood fully. Then he expressed his disappointment with me with choosing TPF, and later on, extended a protectorate to Kobiashiy. Which is fine, it's his decision.

But that still didn't draw me to TPF, although I felt I had no where to run to after the war and following weeks of losses and turmoil we were weak. In #ares I got into an argument with TailsK of Rangarok. In what was at first some ribbing turned into threats. Tails queried mhawk saying he wanted to attack Soldier and ZI me. Having shown mhawk the logs, mhawk stood up for us saying that he wouldn't allow such a thing. And because of that my nation was spared, and more importantly my alliance was as well.

I don't believe TPF just did this for show, especially when I expressed reason to wanting to disband the alliance well before this incident. Nor did I run to them out of fear. For once in my CN career someone stood up for me. Despite my past, despite all that has happened to me before, someone gave me a shoulder to lean on.

So go on, say my alliance is a bunch of "brown nosing" TPF supporters. But until you know what true friendship is, I don't think you will ever understand the decision I've made.

As an aside, I know I've been being a bit angry lately in the Alliance Politics section of the forums and I apologize. I'll try and be more respectful to others.

Edited by The AUT

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe they saved you so you wouldn't go running to the other side, like you told them you were going to.

This can be answered with this:

I don't believe TPF just did this for show, especially when I expressed reason to wanting to disband the alliance well before this incident.

This can be answered with this:

Ok, but if they left you out to dry and you did disband, is it fair to assume that you and most others in your alliance would probably have joined a different alliance which opposed TPF? Instead, they kept you together and on their side.

Ok, but if they left you out to dry and you did disband, is it fair to assume that you and most others in your alliance would probably have joined a different alliance which opposed TPF? Instead, they kept you together and on their side.

Yeah, its what TPF likes to do. Too bad you didn't make a poll about it to find out.

Make a poll on it

This^

Yes. OK. And?

I'm not sure I see your point here. Why are you telling this now? Is this some kind of PR stunt to convince the OWF TPF aren't the bullies they can appear to be?

Whenever TPF or any other alliance on that side shows any type of class or mercy, it is always a cheap PR stunt to help their struggling image. For everything they do right, there is so much more that they do wrong.

As an aside, I know I've been being a bit angry lately in the Alliance Politics section of the forums and I apologize. I'll try and be more respectful to others.

This is probably not needed since tensions are high everywhere right now, but it's nice to see nonetheless. Good on you.

Im pretty sure you could find some other friends, there are tons of good people out there in CN and they arent all part of TPF, if you really wanted to find some the theAUT you could (espeicially in the current political situation).