The Explanation as to why Soldier Picked TPF

The AUT

So go on, say my alliance is a bunch of "brown nosing" TPF supporters. But until you know what true friendship is, I don't think you will ever understand the decision I've made.

Because this post isn't "brown nosing", obviously not.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I am pretty neutral about TPF...they're there, doing their thing. The only real annoyance ever coming from them was TheBigBad, but I think we can all let that rest. With that said, I have nothing really for or against them.

Srsly, though, AUT, I highly doubt the Phoenix needs you to help their PR, or your groveling...not to be offensive, but you come across as the kind of person that totally and inescapably sucks up to people based solely on what they can give you; what random act of mercy they grant.

It is the mark of one who has long since thrown their spine and their mind away.

As I said, I don't have any problem with TPF, and in fact, that's cool that they (more specifically, mhawk) cared enough to keep you alive, and it's no weakness to look to some friends for some help once in awhile. But please, learn to lean on your own shoulders, and to recognize what is and is not true friendship. They spared you...don't push your luck.

Edited by Ventus ex Gutter

Let me start off with a little story that is a tad more realistic.

There once was an old man sitting on a bench. He would verbally abuse random passers by and after awhile people began realizing that this old man was full of hate. "He's cruel, he's mean." Said the verbally abused people. So after awhile the people just developed this opinion about the old man. They never talked to him, but because it was easy to just judge him from afar, being out of range of his abuse they held these ideas of him.

I can remember when slayer and a group of other thug alliance leaders curbstomped an unmentioned alliance. Forced the players from the game. Then stalked their rerolls just for the heck of it. You will never convince me they will ever be anything other than the stinky paper stuck to the left overs trash can behind your local chinese place....

This thread FAILS

Wasn't this all explained when you treatied yourselves with TPF again? Not sure why you felt the need to state your reasons again.

If its a PR move then all I'll say is its far more fun to damage the other sides PR than build up your own :P

Edited by Kindom of Goon

The past few weeks has convinced me that nobody thinks before they post something on the OWF anymore. What could possibly be gained by an announcement like this?

Good question. Maybe he just felt like explaining some things to the community to help everyone to understand his position? Sometimes people speak with intentions other than simply furthering the position of themselves or their allies, you know.

I don't expect we'll get the answer to the question now anyhoo. If I was him I sure as hell wouldn't feel like explaining things further after the reception this thread has received.

Edited by Aimee Mann

Good question. Maybe he just felt like explaining some things to the community to help everyone to understand his position? Sometimes people speak with intentions other than simply furthering the position of themselves or their allies, you know.

I don't expect we'll get the answer to the question now anyhoo. If I was him I sure as hell wouldn't feel like explaining things further after the reception this thread has received.

You're a good poster.

There is a difference between explaining things when the community has a desire for clarification, and simply speaking to hear one's voice. I fail to see how the OP clarifies anything that the community wanted to know. I would say something along the lines of "Private channels ftw" but I don't even know if that would be appropriate here.

Who appointed you voice of the community? Anyway, if you are unable to see what it clarifies then that the fault of yourself and no-one else.

For me, I had actually wondered why he defended TPF with such fervour in AP, and now I have been given a good understanding of why. He clarified the intent behind his attitude there. To be quite honest it seems as though most of the people in this thread ignored the reasoning behind the OP and commenced foaming as soon as they saw someone talking positively about TPF. Kinda pathetic, especially in an OOC area of the forum.

--

Also thanks WC, I like you too!

Edited by Aimee Mann

Who appointed you voice of the community? Anyway, if you are unable to see what it clarifies then that the fault of yourself and no-one else.

For me, I had actually wondered why he defended TPF with such fervour in AP, and now I have been given a good understanding of why. He clarified the intent behind his attitude there. To be quite honest it seems as though most of the people in this thread ignored the reasoning behind the OP and commenced foaming as soon as they saw someone talking positively about TPF. Kinda pathetic, especially in an OOC area of the forum.

Perhaps you should have read about it the first time this was posted aka when the treaty was announced and was relevant information to talk about

edit:fix link

Edited by Kwilliams

It is relevant to talk about because he has been defending TPF recently and there could be confusion as to why he is so passionate about it. As I've already said, I myself was curious about his recent posting and this thread explained things nicely, so I appreciate the time AUT took to make it.

It should be obvious to you that I had not seen the post you linked to before because as you suggest, had I done so I would not need the explanation now. I apologise for not reading every single announcement and remembering every post therein, but again that is not the fault of the thread starter, it is mine - divert thine hostility this way my friends, for I found this thread to be of interest.

Edited by Aimee Mann

Aimee Mann, good post, but not everyone posts thier information in a brand new topic to further thier position.

Kwilliams, I fully support you as the voice of the community.

For myself, I have my own opinion of TPF and considering what they have done for me...as well as members of the past alliance, ADD, I'd appreciate it if TPF never be considered honorable.

Aimee Mann, good post, but not everyone posts thier information in a brand new topic to further thier position.

Kwilliams, I fully support you as the voice of the community.

For myself, I have my own opinion of TPF and considering what they have done for me...as well as members of the past alliance, ADD, I'd appreciate it if TPF never be considered honorable.

If you could pm me, what exactly we did I'd be interested. I've never heard of that alliance or in relation to TPF.