Announcement from the Viridian Entente

Not really knowing anything about this situation, all I have to say is that this is an interesting move for VE. Whatever the $%&@ CN is about, political maneuvers and shenanigans are the name of the game.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If an alliance did that to myself I'd be offended. I would speculate there're many in IRON who feel the same way.

You know, one would think that if you were going to cancel on the two largest alliances in the game. you would at least try and keep it low key. Touting reasons in public really doesn't keep things low key. I'm not sure why you'd think it was beneficial to throw in a few last parting shots at IRON and NPO, but I've heard that waking sleeping giants isn't beneficial to your health.

I know I'm a little late but, this post reminds me GGA. This just show that you(I mean you not TORN) fear your allies and what could happen if you cancel with them. I don't see VE reasons to cancel it as insults unless they are lies what I doubt, I'm really tired of this "Private Channels" excuse to keep bad things hide.

I have nothing bad to say about the Hegemony. You see a lot of bad, I suppose. I see a lot of good things that have been done. I see more stability, many opportunities for growth for those wishing to branch out on their own. I see Q as using part of it's influence to encourage diplomatic resolution as opposed to flat out rolling people. To me, the bloc could be used for good or for ill, like any tool. This one does a lot of good, and as a Q alliance leader, the good it does is something I see and experience every day.

I don't think we've been living in the same Cyberverse :psyduck:

VE got balls son.

Indeed.

Egore would be proud.

I admire your courage for standing up for what you believe in again, VE. Let's hope it doesn't turn out like last time.

Egore would be.

He meant because IRON cancelled first.

Who cares who cancelled first. Reminds me of sixth graders.

"I dumped her first" says the boy

"No way! I dumped you first!" replies the girl

*Realizing the boy is wrong..* "SHE IS A WHORE!" he screams

Really, who cares.

Blatant or not, if you read between the lines, the insults are there.

No insults. They are merely canceling treaties as a public announcement. YOU don't know what has happened via private channels, I love how when alliances begin to decrease relations, others expect this form of 'decency for former friends' yet when their allies do it, it is completely different. Just a neutral perspective.

Or, you know, I was just making a comment as to what I observed. The government of TORN has not stated anything regarding this matter in public or private, so maybe you should think twice before insulting alliances.

You just insulted an alliance. Take your own advice mate. ;)

The reasons could have been adequately conveyed in private as well as a notice of cancellation, that would have been honorable. Instead VE have publicly bashed on there former allies in an attempt to glorify their cancellations. That is reality. Maybe I am old school but I am of the opinion that no soap opera is needed when it comes to treaty cancellations unless there are alternative motives at play, such as making your own balls look larger than they are in reality. Best of luck with that I guess.

How convenient they should choose this moment to announce their apology, personally I feel it deserved it's own thread but I'll digress.

I am an old timer, in fact, been playing this game for nearly years now. Coming from me, I will happily say cancellations have always been a publicly announced matter, I recall IRON doing it with Jarheads (protectorate TREATY). They aren't 'insulting their former allies', doing so would be in other regards. An apology doesn't deserve its own thread, they gave their apology and thus canceled as they seem fit. The fact would still linger they canceled directly after an apology. (I wont touch GGAs' treaty) Though IRON may not cancel treaties mate, your allies do. I don't see you there claiming insults.

Since when is merely announcing the canceling of a treaty an 'insult'? In fact, YOU'RE insulting your former ally merely for the allegations you have made, YOU'RE no better. "Well, they insulted us first..." Well, that is subjective because maybe you insulted them first through private means. So many different mitigating circumstances could have unfolded, so don't have shock when CN public has only seen this thread nor an official statement from IRON mate. ;). As Rayvon said: "All your cancellations provided reason as well. They weren't empty or without purpose. And they didn't insinuate a looming doom, much as you and yours seem to claim this thread does."

If an alliance did that to myself I'd be offended. I would speculate there're many in IRON who feel the same way.

You know, one would think that if you were going to cancel on the two largest alliances in the game. you would at least try and keep it low key. Touting reasons in public really doesn't keep things low key. I'm not sure why you'd think it was beneficial to throw in a few last parting shots at IRON and NPO, but I've heard that waking sleeping giants isn't beneficial to your health.

They merely announced this. The members of the Cyberverse made this a big deal, such as yourself. ;)

And me.

Jesus Christ this whole 'conversation' is stupid. Somebody attack someone already.

Ordering attack on Llamatopia as we speak.

Wait,...out of range by miles.

Oh well, unfortunately, we must stick to stupid conversations ES :(

Life can be cruel like that.

Apologies the principles bit was directed at early posters I can see where that got confusing. As for the term:

"Should one signatory feel the need to withdraw from the treaty, the must give the other signatory a forty-eight hour's notice, in which it will be announced at the end of the forty-eight hour time period. After the announcement of this treaty's termination, Articles I and II are to remain in effect for a remaining seventy-two hours."

I see nothing wrong with this. It never says NOT to announce before the 48 hours, it just says it NEEDS an announcement after the end of 48 hours.

Nothing broken here. Continue forward.

Good work Delta, now back to the stupid argument about ... wait what were you all arguing about? 20 pages about some clause in a treaty?

I suppose this is why the Continuum is scrambling to get its battle thralls in line for an attack.

VE I recommend peace mode.