The EZICO

jerdge

[ooc] (I address possible Moderation issues at the bottom of this post.) [/ooc]

This is proposed to Nation Rulers only. Alliances are welcome to recommend this Objection to their members, but - given the nature of the objection - they can not Object themselves.

Noting the recent controversies regarding the prosecution of new Cyber Nations;

Dissenting that erratic means like clairvoyance, mediumship, telepathy, astrology and other paranormal methods of investigation[1] can provide justification to the waging of war against a new Cyber Nation;

Believing that religious beliefs and superstitions about reincarnation shouldn't be allowed to dictate foreign policies;

Mantaining that other Nation Rulers they have been enemies with can anyway be fought again with full legitimacy, should they rise to power in a new Nation.

The undersigned Nations, henceforth referred to as "the undersigned", do hereby pledge to this Objection:

The EZI Conscientious Objection

I. The undersigned agree to not participate in the practice of Eternal ZI, defined as the act of maintaining a ZI sentence beyond the disappearance of a Nation Ruler at the expenses of a new Cyber Nation (led by a fresh leader).

II. The undersigned recognize all the recently founded Cyber Nations as "New" - meaning that they're led by a fresh leader - unless their Ruler displays the same identity of a known one, or that Nation is an evident reissue of a previous one, or their Ruler qualifies him or herself as having led other Nations in the past. No documentation of paranormal origin[1] will be held valid to link new Nations to defunct characters.

III. The undersigned can't in good conscience surrender their personal freedom and become a tool for oppression. The undersigned therefore take the commitment to object to Alliance orders that may put them in conflict with the present Objection, to the point of disobeying direct Alliance orders if and as necessary.

Notes:

[1] IP matches, writing styles and any other RL-only reference - including the OOC use of RL personal names and OOC "confessions" - are considered "paranormal evidence" by the undersigned of this document; as such they won't be accepted as valid evidence against any Nation.

If you agree with this Objection, please post it in this thread. Thanks for reading.

[ooc] This Objection isn't designed to cover all the possible situations that may arise. The spirit is of not participating in the persecution of players, allowing everybody to come back with a new character, if so they wish. The undersigned will be expected to not look for loopholes to avoid doing what they are signing into...[/ooc]

[ooc]

This is addressed to Nations, and is therefore not a "duplicate" of the ZIPP, that is a Pact reserved to Alliances (anyway, even if I wanted to propose a new ZIPP-like pact - because I don't like the ZIPP or for whatever reason - I don't see what Moderation could have to do with that... But I digress.)

This is not a "repeat topic" of The E-ZI Petition, that was an OOC petition to Admin.

In fact, this is (more or less, IMO) the "player base" side of what Admin may have had in mind when he wrote that «The best way to go about getting this done is to petition the player base and alliances themselves to charter and uphold policies against E-ZI.»

[/ooc]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I object! (I'm a bit slow, what can I say?)

I love it, please sign me up. It made me both lol and go "ah ha". The witty application of terms such as "paranormal" is win in and of itself :lol: . Under this verbiage new players that show qualities of players since PZI'ed should be purged of the evil reincarnation to be sure, however if there is not such sign than why object? If the signs come from means themselves paranormal, then indeed those that use such means may be the ones in need of purging? Anyway, I think it is a clever way of framing the debate, it keeps our feet securely planted on the ground of planet Bob.

Edited by eyriq

I don't think you'll get a lot of signatures to this, since it might go directly against alliance loyalties.

That said, since Grämlins doesn't practice EZI, and since I would be out of range anyway, I'll sign :P

We two are "lucky", as our Alliances don't practice EZI. Anyway, if one would like to sign this agreement but can't because of "alliance loyalty", it might be the case to think of working to change the alliance (or just of changing alliance).