My Statement

Bob

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would think given your "vast" experience you would expect to pay back what you received and would account for it from the begining.

Hmm... It's not like I have much experience or anything. And you look like quite the handsome fella'. But wouldn't you agree that GRAN's "vast" experience should have brought them to the conclusion that talking to Captain Flinders when he left GRAN would be a good thing? And maybe given his vast experience, he even expected them to do so?

It looks like GRAN wanted to show that they had some gonads, and you wanted to join in. Unfortunately for you, you walked right into the biggest and meanest butthole around, and traditionally, scrotum intestines don't like rear ends.

If you want to keep this discussion going, and by that be chewed up and spit out, be my guest. But I kindly advise you to take another look at the facts here. Then you might realize why you are wrong and how bad you will look when others come to the same conclusion.

I do agree that it would have made things much easier if Flinders had kept logs, but to be honest, I don't usually screen shot any aid to or from my own alliance. If I do external tech deals, I always take screens.

Either:

1. Flinders deliberately scammed GRAN, gambled that nobody in GRAN would record any kind of proof, and is lying to cover it up.

2. Flinders had every intention of remaining GRAN when he received the money, fully trusted them, saw something he disagreed with severely enough to make him question the gov, and his decision to criticize/leave pissed the gov off so they extorted him.

It is possible that Captain Flinders is lying and that he never had any intention of staying once he received aid, but having seen the reactionary qualities of several GRAN gov members, option 2 is far more likely in my mind.

you know you keep talking a lot of stuff here and edicting out the convenient facts of our little discussion sad to say you and your member tyler were the ones on our irc looking for a fight when it was clear we would not let ourselves be bullied you back down with this.

<rsoxbronco1|Athens> I'm honestly not trying to issue some kind of threat

<rsoxbronco1|Athens> Tyler doesn't speak for Athens in any official capacity

<rsoxbronco1|Athens> We have a very free speech policy in Athens

<rsoxbronco1|Athens> you're welcome to ban him

so let me ask do you want attention that's why you are dragging this issue any longer?

as for myself I dont have any interest in answering any questions here from you or anyone else you can interpret my silence as you will.

to bob thank you for keeping true to your word in our previous arrangements with us

to flinders go in peace.

and to our wonderfull allies and friends in VA we love you all and I promise as long as we are around our hearts and souls are with you to the end no matter what all you have to do is call on us and we will be there.

So $60m is the standard price for a ZI now.

I still find buying people off lists distasteful. Either they did something to be worth warring over, or they didn't. Money shouldn't change that. Paying owed reps for them is different, but I don't think Flinders had unpaid reps to cover in this case?

The entire reason he was on the ZI list (and not e-zi or p-zi) was that he took aid, purchased his MP and left. They repayment of aid is what GRAN wanted and received.

This is a non-issue other than the peanut gallery making it an issue. The problem between all parties has been resolved.

Depending on the size of the lister, accept the nation and dare them to do something about it :P. Anyway, since this was a case of an unpaid debt then the resolution is a reasonable one.

In this particular case, that's what I'd have recommended. From what I've seen, they'd talk some smack for awhile, then do nothing.

In this particular case, that's what I'd have recommended. From what I've seen, they'd talk some smack for awhile, then do nothing.

No, they're a TPF protectorate. TPF would have gotten involved. Part of the reason why I find this whole situation ironic. Here we have an 800k NS alliance saying that Athens, an alliance twice their size, would be anywhere without their allies. The same thing could be said about them. A whole lot of posturing.

Really, in the end it just shows how much these nations really care about the nations they PZI list. If people are willing to stick up for them they will drop the issue. Makes you think that they're only ZIing some nations for their own amusement, as pathetic as it may seem, and because they know they can get away with it without their being any consequences. Just my opinion though. Think about it for a moment, will you?

No, they're a TPF protectorate. TPF would have gotten involved. Part of the reason why I find this whole situation ironic. Here we have an 800k NS alliance saying that Athens, an alliance twice their size, would be anywhere without their allies. The same thing could be said about them. A whole lot of posturing.

Really, in the end it just shows how much these nations really care about the nations they PZI list. If people are willing to stick up for them they will drop the issue. Makes you think that they're only ZIing some nations for their own amusement, as pathetic as it may seem, and because they know they can get away with it without their being any consequences. Just my opinion though. Think about it for a moment, will you?

Fair enough. I didn't realize they were a protectorate. Which makes it all the more funny. It's great when alliances throw their allies strength around.

As for the ZI sentence, it's similar to when an alliance waits for their enemies treaties to be canceled before a war so that it's a completely uneven fight. Opportunistic cowards. If it's serious enough for war, it's serious enough for war regardless of whether you have to work for the victory or not.

OMG we are a TPF protectorate !!!! How come nobody told me this before , Slayer you evil overlord you !!!

Okay now seriously show me a treaty between GRAN and TPF?

Just to clarify, GRAN is not a TPF protectorate.

Just to clarify, GRAN is not a TPF protectorate.

But they are MDoAP'd to someone with a MDoAP with you.

The connection still exists, its just not a protectorate :)

well, according to GRAN's wiki, they have an MDOAP with DefCon, who...... DON'T EXIST ANYMORE.

Somebody should update that wiki.

Actually we only had an Protectorate-then-upgraded-to-MDP. It was never upgraded to MDoAP. I was there. I seen it and I can't unsee it.

You probably meant VA.

Edited by Balsamic Vinegar

I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting Bob until recently. All other considerations aside, he is a great and generous person for helping someone for purely altruistic motives.

My hat is off to you, Bob.

And, please, everyone leave GRAN alone. They're really OK guys, too, once you get to know them.

Edited by Valdemar

Just to clear things up, GRAN's only military pact is with Veritas Aequitas. GRAN is not treatied to TPF. GRAN was once a protectorate of TPF before they merged to become the Auric Armada. When that alliance was ran into the ground, the founding members of GRAN came back to the game and recreated GRAN.

And that concludes my history lesson for today.

In summary, GRAN is not treatied to TPF. GRAN is only treatied to Veritas Aequitas...who just happens to be treatied with TPF as well :D

But just because you leave the TPF family doesn't mean you really go to far... Papa Slayer keeps his chitlins close by :D

edit: Oh, forgot to congratulate everyone on getting this thing handled peacefully. Bob you should be commended on stepping up and doing what you felt was right. Although I favor my allies and friends in GRAN, standing up for what one believes in is honorable.

Congrats!

Edited by JWConner