Nordlandic Haiku

Kaiser Martens

The fact that any of you can support any sort of allusion to Nazism, in character or out, joking or not, it disgusting. Seriously - I don't even care if it's an OOC issue. There is hardly anything in modern history that can compare to the heinousness that is Nazism.

I don't think I need to answer anymore to anyone who defends this pathetic clown. Some things are just not funny. Ever.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that any of you can support any sort of allusion to Nazism, in character or out, joking or not, it disgusting. Seriously - I don't even care if it's an OOC issue. There is hardly anything in modern history that can compare to the heinousness that is Nazism.

I don't think I need to answer anymore to anyone who defends this pathetic clown. Some things are just not funny. Ever.

You're the unfunny one.

Are we supposed to live under the shadows of Nazism forever just to remember? Are we supposed to consider the various symbols hijacked as impure forever? Stop living in the past.

Stop getting so worked up over that picture-- it's not that important.

Get over it. Jesus Christ.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing the veracity of the claims regarding KM being a Nazi, but I am still curious as to why people are having trouble understanding this: What a player does outside of this game is none of your goddamned business, and if you disagree with that, you really need to grab yourself by the back of the head and pull yourself back into reality.

Edited by Yubyubsan

The power of KM is evident and bizzare. Barely out from under PZI, bill locked and cratered and he already has people fighting for and against him. If that is not winning the game, what is?

Nice haiku though, and what the hell, Slayer reciting poetry in the thread, now i have seen it all, imma gonna delete out.

I love how old grudges from over a year ago are still at play here. The ICP Reformation war was June 2007. Yes, it was a scummy thing to do, but it was also a long time ago. Both sides in the IC communist v. nationalist war were guilty of atrocities and considering the size of the International and the fact that NoR and NoV are both dead, the latter being executed by tC, it looks like the IC commies won. I know you may be missing your boogeyman as a common entity is very unifying for a group, but you're still fighting a war with an enemy that no longer exists. You won, enjoy it. The fact that tC granted him peace is a pretty good indicator that some of the OOC stuff that he was accused of wasn't true, either.

KM, I hope you get peace so you can finally stop fighting a long dead war.

Edited by Duncan King

I love how old grudges from over a year ago are still at play here. The ICP Reformation war was June 2007. Yes, it was a scummy thing to do, but it was also a long time ago. Both sides in the IC communist v. nationalist war were guilty of atrocities and considering the size of the International and the fact that NoR and NoV are both dead, the latter being executed by tC, it looks like the IC commies won. I know you may be missing your boogeyman as a common entity is very unifying for a group, but you're still fighting a war with an enemy that no longer exists. You won, enjoy it. The fact that tC granted him peace is a pretty good indicator that some of the OOC stuff that he was accused of wasn't true, either.

For perspective, the following applies to the period around late October 2007:

I love how old grudges from over a year ago are still at play here. The Maroon War was November 2006. Yes, it was a scummy thing to do, but it was also a long time ago. Both sides in the IC communist v. nationalist war were guilty of atrocities and considering the size of the Norden Verein and the fact that SWF and LSF are long dead, the former being executed by WUT and the latter by yourselves, it looks like the IC nationalists won. I know you may be missing your boogeyman as a common enemy is very unifying for a group, but you're still fighting a war with an enemy that no longer exists. You won, enjoy it.

The point is, it's never over. Personally, I think that you, outside this particular paradigm as you are, aren't really aware of what you speak.

Edited by Sovyet Gelibolu

Congratulations, you made me look up "banalization", and I still can't find a definition.

Try looking "banalization of evil".

It was a neologism created by Hannah Arendt in 1961 when she was making newspaper reports on the trial of Adolf Eichmann.

From the intertubes

The "banalization of evil," an expression originally used by political theorist Hannah Arendt regarding bureaucrats working in order to administer and perfect the machinery of the Nazi perpetrated Holocaust

Basically, it means the normalization of the horrific. Such as people taking lightly, as a meaningless thing or a daily thing organizing the systematical slaughter of minorities.

That he is a fascist, and not a nazi.

So you're saying that mussolini was the definition of fascist and that they are, by definition, genocidal and believe in racial superiority/inferiority?

Get over your misguided "Nazi Martens" hatred.

I'm pretty sure Ochocinco was criticizing the "funny" stuff kaiser martens was pulling.

You're the unfunny one.

Are we supposed to live under the shadows of Nazism forever just to remember? Are we supposed to consider the various symbols hijacked as impure forever? Stop living in the past.

65 years are not much in terms of history. Its not that much of the past.

And yes, we are supposed to live under the shadows of nazism for a long time. At least 6 million jews died because of it, and I figure that not inciting that sort of thing in the next 300 years and making sure everyone remembers it even after that time would be wise.

I'm pretty sure Ochocinco was criticizing the "funny" stuff kaiser martens was pulling.

And I do not see the point of criticizing it. If we criticized every single silly acts of a young person, there will be no end to it.

65 years are not much in terms of history. Its not that much of the past.

And yes, we are supposed to live under the shadows of nazism for a long time. At least 6 million jews died because of it, and I figure that not inciting that sort of thing in the next 300 years and making sure everyone remembers it even after that time would be wise.

Therefore constantly staining what were simple, dignified symbols with the "remember the past forever and ever!" BS that the Holocaust has become?

Yes, remembering the horrors of the past is something that we must do. However, the absurdity of the witch hunt that grew out, chasing down any and all mentions when there is no concrete connection, is just simply something I can never, nor do I want to, understand.

Here's something I want to ask you: If I did a similar photo, will you accuse me of being a neo-nazi, commited to "cleansing" the world of the Jews to secure the existence of my people and a future for Japanese/Korean children?

Unfortunate that there still are people who are on the same par as the deniers of the past.

Edited by Sumeragi

Here's an idea: we don't provoke the mods by discussing OOC politics in an IC forum. Personally I don't want to see anyone given a warn, and I definately don't want to see this thread closed.

:awesome:

I'm willing to let things slide if the other side recognizes what they're doing.

I don't have a URL, but I think most people who have been around the block have seen the pictures of KM with his RL comrades who performing "Heil" gestures towards him.

Not funny. Never will be.

It took a while, but I found someone who saved that picture.

The first thing I noticed was that most of his friends were quite brown and obviously not taking this seriously. (So yes. Funny.)

The second thing I noticed was that Martens appears to have fantastic balance.

For perspective, the following applies to the period around late October 2007:

I love how old grudges from over a year ago are still at play here. The Maroon War was November 2006. Yes, it was a scummy thing to do, but it was also a long time ago. Both sides in the IC communist v. nationalist war were guilty of atrocities and considering the size of the Norden Verein and the fact that SWF and LSF are long dead, the former being executed by WUT and the latter by yourselves, it looks like the IC nationalists won. I know you may be missing your boogeyman as a common enemy is very unifying for a group, but you're still fighting a war with an enemy that no longer exists. You won, enjoy it.

The point is, it's never over. Personally, I think that you, outside this particular paradigm as you are, aren't really aware of what you speak.

This statement not only boggles my mind, but also makes you seem a fool.

Duncan King--never a member of a nationalist or WUT alliance--has had virtually nothing to do with the Commie-Martens saga, or any relation with Kaiser Martens with the exception for the past three days. If anything, I had to drag DK kicking and screaming to even talk with Martens in a fair and respectable tone.

If anything, Duncan King has been one of the more neutral members of the CN community when it comes to the Martens saga, and has a perspective not of nationalism or communism, but that of a perspective that allows all members to play the game, regardless of their past--considering they have paid their dues.

If anyone has paid their dues in this game, it is Kaiser Martens.