Sanctioned Alliance Images

Vivi

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1335398474' post='2959325']
If an alliance opts out of the drop-down menu, will they still retain the pip and other benefits of the sanction?
[/quote]

Would be unfair avoid the ghosts and at the same time enjoy the benefits of the sanction.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1335402010' post='2959374']
i see the new alliance hasn't made your opinions any less awful
[/quote]

I see you still avoid arguments that you cannot win with insults. ^_^

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1335403224' post='2959387']
I see you still avoid arguments that you cannot win with insults. ^_^
[/quote]

Fairness has nothing to do with it, a sanction is an award that alliances earn through hard work and they should be able to decide in which way or combination of ways they wish to display that accomplishment.

Now I'll tell you what really isn't fair. Failing alliances that lag down towards the bottom of the top 20 still getting sanctioned while the #3 and #4 alliances in the game do without.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1335403721' post='2959397']
Fairness has nothing to do with it, a sanction is an award that alliances earn through hard work and they should be able to decide in which way or combination of ways they wish to display that accomplishment.

Now I'll tell you what really isn't fair. Failing alliances that lag down towards the bottom of the top 20 still getting sanctioned while the #3 and #4 alliances in the game do without.
[/quote]

The best way to address the ghost problem is let alliance leaders manage who are allowed or not to wear the AA, what you want is just a way to cheat the system, wanting all the benefits while avoiding the disadvantages of the sanction.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1335404300' post='2959402']
The best way to address the ghost problem is let alliance leaders manage who are allowed or not to wear the AA, what you want is just a way to cheat the system, wanting all the benefits while avoiding the disadvantages of the sanction.
[/quote]

So like how TE alliance management is/was set up, where you have to be approved to join an alliance?

Edited by Axolotlia

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1335404504' post='2959404']
So like how TE alliance management is/was set up, where you have to be approved to join an alliance?
[/quote]

Exactly, I didn't know that it was already in test on TE.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1335404300' post='2959402']
[/quote]

The end result of the two things are the exact same thing. How is the second cheating while the first isn't? Umbrella is an exclusive alliance with a rigorous admissions program and all we want is a good way to discourage ghosting, which is the main benefit of both ways. So please enlighten me on the specifics of how we are cheating the system.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1335405475' post='2959416']
The end result of the two things are the exact same thing. How is the second cheating while the first isn't? Umbrella is an exclusive alliance with a rigorous admissions program and all we want is a good way to discourage ghosting, which is the main benefit of both ways. So please enlighten me on the specifics of how we are cheating the system.
[/quote]

Don't put words on my mouth, I didn't said that Umbrella is cheating the system, what I said is that what you want is cheating: Avoid the disadvantage of sanction while enjoying the benefits of it. If you want to avoid the ghosts in the current system do as WTF and TDO did: they gave up of having a pip for the benefit of avoiding the ghosts or in the new system that is coming ask admin to remove your alliance of the list and don't be sanctioned, simple like that.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1335405988' post='2959427']
Don't put words on my mouth, I didn't said that Umbrella is cheating the system, what I said is that what you want is cheating: Avoid the disadvantage of sanction while enjoying the benefits of it. If you want to avoid the ghosts in the current system do as WTF and TDO did: they gave up of having a pip for the benefit of avoiding the ghosts or in the new system that is coming ask admin to remove your alliance of the list and don't be sanctioned, simple like that.
[/quote]

It's not cheating, it's just a convenience issue. We aren't gaining any unfair benefit whatsoever from not having ghosts, it just saves us the trouble of feeding the ghosts to GOONS. I know you're upset that your lifemates in Polar and Legion lost their undeserved sanctions but you'll really have to find something better to criticize about this.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1335593342' post='2960345']
do they know they've been sanctioned?
[/quote]

Not even sure if they know about these forums...

Seriously...at least GPA posts. Not sure what good WTF has contributed to Bob's well-being.

Edited by Incitatus

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1335604293' post='2960367']
Not even sure if they know about these forums...

Seriously...at least GPA posts. Not sure what good WTF has contributed to Bob's well-being.
[/quote]

Well, they've kept to themselves and enjoyed their own community more than this one. So nothing, really. But I bet you they don't care.