Sanctioned Alliance Images

Vivi

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there rules as to changing your image while being sanctioned?

Well I wasked Vivi not long ago about change the images while being sanctioned and she/he said that is possible, but I don't know if there are rules or how many changes you can do, I just asked about the possibility.

Well I wasked Vivi not long ago about change the images while being sanctioned and she/he said that is possible, but I don't know if there are rules or how many changes you can do, I just asked about the possibility.

So long as it's not the same alliance asking for a new image every few weeks I have no issue with updating them on request.

VE's image has been restored as they passed WTF two weeks ago.

I've always wondered about this then -

If an alliance gets their flag added via in-game means such as winning a TE round or through Sanction, if they change or edit their flag will the Mods either add the new flag or edit the current flag?

I don't believe the situation has come up. It would be up to admin as he's the one who deals with in-game flags.

I've always wondered about this then -

If an alliance gets their flag added via in-game means such as winning a TE round or through Sanction, if they change or edit their flag will the Mods either add the new flag or edit the current flag?

The ODN recently updated our flag in-game by asking admin. The flag replaced our old one- we didn't get two.

The ODN recently updated our flag in-game by asking admin. The flag replaced our old one- we didn't get two.

Yes, but you've also only gotten a flag from sanction. What's talking about is an alliance winning a flag from TE only, before sanction (like MK), then later getting sanctioned. An alliance can have multiple flags from TE (see TFD), so it's likely that one could have their flag from TE stay and add a new one from being sanctioned.

Yes, but you've also only gotten a flag from sanction. What's talking about is an alliance winning a flag from TE only, before sanction (like MK), then later getting sanctioned. An alliance can have multiple flags from TE (see TFD), so it's likely that one could have their flag from TE stay and add a new one from being sanctioned.

This is another point I guess I didn't make clear.

In general, are there better detailed rules or procedures with images now?

I'd really like to not see one day TFD get sanctioned only for them to be given 3 in-game flags (no offense to them, pertains to any alliance) or as Locke said if MK sanctions should they be given a second flag option?

Then the part already answered was the do flags get edited or just added as a new option.

• 2 weeks later...
This is another point I guess I didn't make clear.

In general, are there better detailed rules or procedures with images now?

I'd really like to not see one day TFD get sanctioned only for them to be given 3 in-game flags (no offense to them, pertains to any alliance) or as Locke said if MK sanctions should they be given a second flag option?

Then the part already answered was the do flags get edited or just added as a new option.

Those are separated things. TE is won by individuals, Alliance sanctions are colective. The fact two individuals won TE and had to flags of TFD uploaded is completelly unrelated to TFD becoming sanctioned and having its flag uploaded, more as I believe the uploaded flag for alliance sanction gets associated with the in-game AA - not sure that's modifiable, though it probably is.

Anyway, point being, there's nothing wrong with the alliance getting a flag in game, regardless of any individuals having uploaded that alliance's flag in TE because one has nothing to do with the other.

Those are separated things. TE is won by individuals, Alliance sanctions are colective. The fact two individuals won TE and had to flags of TFD uploaded is completelly unrelated to TFD becoming sanctioned and having its flag uploaded, more as I believe the uploaded flag for alliance sanction gets associated with the in-game AA - not sure that's modifiable, though it probably is.

Anyway, point being, there's nothing wrong with the alliance getting a flag in game, regardless of any individuals having uploaded that alliance's flag in TE because one has nothing to do with the other.

So what would you propose then? That if TFD/MK/FEAR/Kronos or another alliance I might not recall on hand becomes sanctioned, that they are given another flag option to upload for their alliance specifically, and then the TE flags that were won that were for them already do... what exactly?

That's what I don't get.

So what would you propose then? That if TFD/MK/FEAR/Kronos or another alliance I might not recall on hand becomes sanctioned, that they are given another flag option to upload for their alliance specifically, and then the TE flags that were won that were for them already do... what exactly?

That's what I don't get.

It's not that they'd be given another flag option upon becoming sanctioned; if any alliance in SE gains sanction they should be given the chance to upload a flag to be associated directly with their in-game AA. When they lose sanction, it's no longer associated; if they regain sanction, it is reassociated or changed and reassociated (see NPO changing their flag but it keeping the same name "Custom whatever"). Much like any precedent that can be used to argue one point or another here, it's ultimately Admin's choice (may Admin forgive himself when he makes a choice on this matter that everyone seems to disagree with); we won't know until we know.

It's not that they'd be given another flag option upon becoming sanctioned; if any alliance in SE gains sanction they should be given the chance to upload a flag to be associated directly with their in-game AA. When they lose sanction, it's no longer associated; if they regain sanction, it is reassociated or changed and reassociated (see NPO changing their flag but it keeping the same name "Custom whatever"). Much like any precedent that can be used to argue one point or another here, it's ultimately Admin's choice (may Admin forgive himself when he makes a choice on this matter that everyone seems to disagree with); we won't know until we know.

This is correct.

admin may choose to let them upload a different alliance flag other than their 'main' one, or he may even choose to associate the current one that was won in TE with the alliance and give the winner a option to upload another flag of their choice. It's completely up to him and unless/until the situation comes up it won't matter. Until then there's no point in discussing it as the end result will remain the same; it's ultimately up to Kevin.

tbh I'm afraid to wear the new NPO pip because with how many people hate it I forsee everyone wearing it getting flagged for trolling/inappropriate pictures.

If it weren't for that fear I'd totally wear it. At least til MK gets sanctioned.