Property Lien 

BETWEEN

Knights of the Round Table, CLAWS, and The Greater Confederacy
("the Lien Holders")

AND

UnitedBishops
("UnitedBishops")

DATE OF AGREEMENT: 4/2/2024

WHEREAS, the Lien Holders are engaged in a collaborative effort to enhance mutual security within their respective domains; and

WHEREAS, UnitedBishops has agreed to stop all rogue attacks for 6 months; and

WHEREAS, the Lien Holders wish to enter into this agreement to outline the terms and conditions of the trophy payments, property lien, and stipulations regarding raiding and tech sales;

NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and agreements contained herein, the Lien Holders hereby agree as follows:

1. Trophy Payments
    1. UnitedBishops shall pay the following:
      1. SnappedSkydiver a total sum of $18,000,000 (Eighteen Million Dollars) in three (3) installments, as per the payment schedule agreed upon by all Lien Holders.
      2. CLAWS a total sum of 600 Technology in 6 installments, as per the payment schedule agreed upon by all Lien Holders
  2. Property Lien and No-Raiding Stipulation
    1. UnitedBishops has entered into a signed no raiding agreement with the Lien Holders, stipulating that for a period of nine (9) months from the date of this agreement UnitedBishops agrees not to initiate or engage in any raiding activities against any nation or alliance.
    2. ~~Also for the duration of six (6) months from the date of this agreement, UnitedBishops has signed a property lien wherein they will direct all technology sales to CLAWS. This agreement ensures that CLAWS and its associates have the exclusive right to purchase technology from UnitedBishops during the stipulated time frame.~~
  3. Miscellaneous
    1. Suspension Clause: 
      1. If a war breaks out and CLAWS is actively involved in military actions, with UnitedBishops joining the conflict on CLAWS' side, this period of conflict will be included in the 9-month duration of the agreement.
      2. Otherwise, for the duration of the conflict the clock will be paused until a declaration of peace at which time the agreement shall resume, and any remaining obligations shall be fulfilled within the time frames originally stipulated, adjusted for the period of suspension.
    2. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Lien Holders concerning the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, both written and oral, between the Lien Holders with respect to the subject matter hereof.
    3. This agreement may be amended only by a written document duly executed by all Lien Holders.
    4. If the aforementioned payments are not met in a timely manner, the creditors shall have the right to seize the land, money, and tech of UnitedBishops.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Lien Holders hereto have executed this agreement as of the date first above written.

[SIGNATURE OF UNITEDBISHOPS]

UnitedBishops

[SIGNATURE OF KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE REPRESENTATIVES]

Knight of the Grail

Kortflag.png

[SIGNATURE OF CLAWS REPRESENTATIVES]

Co-Leaders: 
Hershey's White Chocolate
Jazzy95, Supreme Sultan of Scratchposts

Grand Inquisitor:

Tevron, Recovering Democrat, Rising Authoritarian, SBN Card-carrier, Ministabber Expat, Bard of RFI, Beach Summer Fun Buddy

Shredder of Interior: Alex the Cat
Shredder of Foreign Affairs: Cadlore
Shredder of War: BigKif
Shredder-At-Large: MM

image0.jpg?ex=661edb9f&is=660c669f&hm=fa0ea44b115369dd709f485b097f29563556b1edc857d6788cd7cd812a1edc2b&

[SIGNATURE OF THE GREATER CONFEDERACY REPRESENTATIVES]
LukeDiamondking

SnappedSkydiver

TGC_Standard.png?ex=661fbb0d&is=660d460d&hm=3e96c9fb6e63462349aa889027bb1b9cfb89bef9a74e2d90b58125835fa92ebd&

Edited by Cadlore
Updated lien agreement.

Do we really need a post about a rogue.... well I guess at least there is something going on.

Congrats to the three mighty alliances! May future rogues take note of this document process and be scared to do anything.

AL

The trick is to have enough cash in the bank to rogue for years, I once got TTK to surrender to me as a rogue and apologize for fighting back against my roguery :D

1 hour ago, AL Bundy said:

Do we really need a post about a rogue.... well I guess at least there is something going on.

Congrats to the three mighty alliances! May future rogues take note of this document process and be scared to do anything.

AL

Now why would we want activity on Bob? 😉

2 hours ago, berbers said:

The trick is to have enough cash in the bank to rogue for years, I once got TTK to surrender to me as a rogue and apologize for fighting back against my roguery :D

hahaha what that amount? 

2 hours ago, cobwebbyarc6 said:

Now why would we want activity on Bob? 😉

hahaha to keep everyone alive!  Join now before you miss the fun :P haha

AL

1 hour ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

A bold claim, how exactly did they do such a thing?

This post was made around 10PM server time on 4/3/24 - at 2:33.48AM (4/4/24) server time I was nuked by a member of CLAWs. This was then followed 13 seconds later (2:34.01AM) with a peace offer.
One can only assume that they were knowledgeable of the peace deal yet chose not to abide by it.

Edited by UnitedBishop

4 hours ago, AL Bundy said:

hahaha what that amount? 

AL

I went out with 22B and I think ended up in the !@#$ tier with around 10B?  that 10B could have lasted me at least 2  years based on consumption, but I got bored after a bit more than a year

8 hours ago, berbers said:

I went out with 22B and I think ended up in the !@#$ tier with around 10B?  that 10B could have lasted me at least 2  years based on consumption, but I got bored after a bit more than a year

Beyond a certain point it always becomes a matter of boredom, not of money.

(That's one of the reasons I'd never go rogue, BTW, as my "certain point" of boredom is around the third day... I get distracted easily.)

Have Pixel-Hugging Blob Alliances bullied you over some innocent raiding?
Have they impose terms that could be considered excessive and inhumane?!
You may be entitled to compensation!

10 hours ago, Canik said:

Have Pixel-Hugging Blob Alliances bullied you over some innocent raiding?
Have they impose terms that could be considered excessive and inhumane?!
You may be entitled to compensation!

— At UB attorneys at law we can get those excessive contracts VOIDED.. in two short days you can go from long term tech slave to being back to your normal, roguing, self.

12 hours ago, firingline said:

CLAWS certainly deserves all the nukes they'll eat for breaking peace terms.

Imagine being so clueless that you don't even understand what happened but think you know everything.

Nevermind we already have FL for that. 😆

On 4/6/2024 at 1:15 PM, Cadlore said:

Imagine being so clueless that you don't even understand what happened but think you know everything.

Nevermind we already have FL for that. 😆

Bishop laid it out pretty clearly.

Peace was established, then CLAWS broke the peace agreement by nuking.

Seems pretty simple to me.

On 4/4/2024 at 8:39 PM, berbers said:

I was thinking about this the other day. Now we get $3million a day just for turning up once you shed all the infra and become a 1k nuke turret with all the best wonders even a modest war chest could last almost indefinitely. 

3 hours ago, Sabcat said:

I was thinking about this the other day. Now we get $3million a day just for turning up once you shed all the infra and become a 1k nuke turret with all the best wonders even a modest war chest could last almost indefinitely. 

It's true that it's easy to do, but I think the better question to consider is: what would a person actually accomplish by doing that? By intentionally staying tiny (assuming they have the resources to do otherwise), they're limiting their targets to other nations in that range. The vast majority of those in range will be newer nations. so most of the time they would just be knocking around new players without the means to defend themselves. 

• If they're roguing due to boredom with peace, it's a pretty cruel way to go about it, and it probably wouldn't even be particularly entertaining given that their opponents wouldn't be capable for fighting back in any meaningful way.
  • If they're roguing for casualties, they'll barely get any at that size. 
  • If they're roguing due to a grudge, their grudge is probably not with those newer players.
  • If they're roguing to try to be a nuisance, the damage they do at that size can be fixed with an aid package or two (unless the event is discouraging enough to the new player to drive them from the game entirely, but that would be a loss for the whole community given the state of the playerbase).

As far as I can tell, pretty much all online games of a sufficient size have a contingent of griefers, so they must get something out of it. Probably not anything that enriches the soul, though. I imagine that's why we haven't seen nations embrace this approach despite it becoming mechanically viable thanks to the log-in bonus.

Edited by Sarkin

1 hour ago, Sarkin said:

It's true that it's easy to do, but I think the better question to consider is: what would a person actually accomplish by doing that? By intentionally staying tiny (assuming they have the resources to do otherwise), they're limiting their targets to other nations in that range. The vast majority of those in range will be newer nations. so most of the time they would just be knocking around new players without the means to defend themselves. 

• If they're roguing due to boredom with peace, it's a pretty cruel way to go about it, and it probably wouldn't even be particularly entertaining given that their opponents wouldn't be capable for fighting back in any meaningful way.
  • If they're roguing for casualties, they'll barely get any at that size. 
  • If they're roguing due to a grudge, their grudge is probably not with those newer players.
  • If they're roguing to try to be a nuisance, the damage they do at that size can be fixed with an aid package or two (unless the event is discouraging enough to the new player to drive them from the game entirely, but that would be a loss for the whole community given the state of the playerbase).

As far as I can tell, pretty much all online games of a sufficient size have a contingent of griefers, so they must get something out of it. Probably not anything that enriches the soul, though. I imagine that's why we haven't seen nations embrace this approach despite it becoming mechanically viable thanks to the log-in bonus.

Why does anyone do anything? I wouldn't recommend it as a course of action but the option is there. 

E2A: I suppose in a situation where an alliance doesn't want to surrender to a larger opponent they could use this new mechanic to basically force the larger alliance to keep a group of nations low to prosecute a war against people wop just won't give up. That could force a "white peace" settlement. I guess as you say, the player base is so low now and disconnected and inactive we're not going to see anyone do anything new.

Edited by Sabcat

25 minutes ago, Sabcat said:

Why does anyone do anything? I wouldn't recommend it as a course of action but the option is there. 

E2A: I suppose in a situation where an alliance doesn't want to surrender to a larger opponent they could use this new mechanic to basically force the larger alliance to keep a group of nations low to prosecute a war against people wop just won't give up. That could force a "white peace" settlement. I guess as you say, the player base is so low now and disconnected and inactive we're not going to see anyone do anything new.

Oh, that isn't what I'm saying; I don't think the world is too far gone for new tactics. I was talking about it from an individual rogue perspective before, but moving to an alliance perspective: I still think it's a flawed tactic on multiple levels and that we won't see any meaningful alliance intentionally turn itself into a bunch of 1k nuke turrets even though many of them technically could.

It's bad for the world's long-term health since it forcibly narrows your target selection to be mostly new players, not to mention that those wars would also become boring enough to cause attrition among your own ranks over time. Even as a temporary negotiating tactic, it's lame since the damage done is so cheap to repair and your warchests would stagnate while your enemy's warchests continue to grow. I'm not a big fan of pursuing any tactic where your opponent gains a greater material advantage the longer you pursue it.

People do things because they think it makes sense for them to do said thing, right? I'm sure it's possible for individuals to grow embittered enough to feel that griefing new players is the best way for them to spend their time, but I don't foresee entire alliances making the same choice unless it's a temporary maneuver (which could work but carries the drawbacks listed above) or they're planning to leave the world permanently.