Official UFP Announcement - Withdrawal from Boognish

Effective immediately UFP (formerly TPF) withdraws from Boognish. We wish our friends that remain on Boog the best.

Signed for UFP,

Korlath of Korlithica, of the City of Korsville, born and raised

Secretary General

6 minutes ago, Neo Uruk said:

You should do a monthly newsletter instead. 

At this rate, weekly would be advantageous.

May your flag fly high, UFP.  Congratulations on leaving a disbanded bloc.  o7

23 minutes ago, Martialis said:

I didn't know that the treaties could be canceled with immediate effect, however Boog no longer exists (it hasn't existed for quite a while) lol. 

Well there was never really any formal treaty drawn up for it, so there's nothing to state how anyone would leave or stay etc. It was kept informal and paperless for a reason; long-winded legalese and bureaucratic jargon was never really our style. Being hamstrung into the treaty web and the boring game of treaty-chess was precisely what we wanted to avoid (or at least I did) 

The collective was born from the 'Cobralition' during the Korlathican War against FTW/RFI. The name was intentionally changed to be less Cobra-centric and represent us all equally as a nomadic coalition of micros who would watch each others backs (i.e - Ride or Die). Once we fended off the primary threat against us earlier this year alongside NG; we lost the self-enforcing credible threat that united us. This lead to us ultimately devouring ourselves, turning inwards and spitting bile at the people we once called friends. 

We outlived our purpose long ago and it's a shame to see our journey conclude this way.

All the best Korlath; I know you'll do right by your people o/

14 hours ago, Martialis said:

I didn't know that the treaties could be canceled with immediate effect, however Boog no longer exists (it hasn't existed for quite a while) lol. 

Didn't Ordo agree to leave Boog immediately as well just last Thursday as part of their surrender terms with NG? If Boog no longer exists why was that necessary? 

Edited by Korlath

13 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Well there was never really any formal treaty drawn up for it, so there's nothing to state how anyone would leave or stay etc. It was kept informal and paperless for a reason; long-winded legalese and bureaucratic jargon was never really our style. Being hamstrung into the treaty web and the boring game of treaty-chess was precisely what we wanted to avoid (or at least I did) 

The collective was born from the 'Cobralition' during the Korlathican War against FTW/RFI. The name was intentionally changed to be less Cobra-centric and represent us all equally as a nomadic coalition of micros who would watch each others backs (i.e - Ride or Die). Once we fended off the primary threat against us earlier this year alongside NG; we lost the self-enforcing credible threat that united us. This lead to us ultimately devouring ourselves, turning inwards and spitting bile at the people we once called friends. 

We outlived our purpose long ago and it's a shame to see our journey conclude this way.

All the best Korlath; I know you'll do right by your people o/

Thanks Johnny. And yeah there is no formal treaty. It's all been informal. We thought it would be best for UFP to declare its formal withdrawal before someone declares a war in the name of Boog so here we are. 

7 minutes ago, Korlath said:

Thanks Johnny. And yeah there is no formal treaty. It's all been informal. We thought it would be best for UFP to declare its formal withdrawal before someone declares a war in the name of Boog so here we are. 

That's not a terrible move. The status of a paperless bloc tends to be hard to keep track of when no announcements are made.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

1 hour ago, Martialis said:

You are not very informed. Keep sleeping Korlath. 

Do I really need to post a screenshot of your surrender terms that were literally posted 3 days ago? Look, I'm sorry I didn't agree to merge my alliance with Ordo. That's no reason to start taking a condescending tone with me. You were all nice and friendly with me until you didn't get what you wanted. This is incredibly disappointing, especially coming from a former ally.

Edited by Korlath

14 minutes ago, Korlath said:

Do I really need to post a screenshot of your surrender terms that were literally posted 3 days ago? Look, I'm sorry I didn't agree to merge my alliance with Ordo. That's no reason to start taking a condescending tone with me. You were all nice and friendly with me until you didn't get what you wanted. This is incredibly disappointing, especially coming from a former ally.

A few days after UFP was born I contacted you to ask you to merge with us, it's true. Also in those days, during the official announcements of UFP, where you yourself underlined your treaties (I refer to Boog), I told you that Boognish had dissolved, he did not exist. I invited you to correct, there are chats to confirm what I said. Merger has nothing to do with it.

Korlath you are about 25/30 days late on the events that happened. 

43 minutes ago, Martialis said:

A few days after UFP was born I contacted you to ask you to merge with us, it's true. Also in those days, during the official announcements of UFP, where you yourself underlined your treaties (I refer to Boog), I told you that Boognish had dissolved, he did not exist. I invited you to correct, there are chats to confirm what I said. Merger has nothing to do with it.

In all seriousness, it would have been best for UFP if it did merge with Ordo Cyberneticus, if only so Korlath could learn how to run an alliance.

6 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

In all seriousness, it would have been best for UFP if it did merge with Ordo Cyberneticus, if only so Korlath could learn how to run an alliance.

Do I know you? I'm trying to figure out how you could possibly know anything about me.

23 minutes ago, Martialis said:

In Korlath's defence; He inherited a massive bucket of dung from his former leader who abandoned ship and he has been doing his best to carve out a path with his crew while keeping them all safe and together. A path that is distinctly different from the one they had been treading under the TPF flag.  The reason he may seem late on the events that happened was because he had all of this responsibility dumped in his lap out while being told he would have help from Kap who instead simply vanished without a trace. He was never in the Boognish high gov channel as far as I'm aware (unless he was brought in right at the end when Kap was preparing to make his exit?)

I'd say he's doing a pretty solid job with the crappy hand he was dealt. As Buuyo said earlier; announcing formally that UFP are no longer part of the defunct Boognish banner is a wise move, it clarifies their position for any outsiders who are not privy to the paperless nature of how we functioned as a coalition. It's just a simple statement to say on-the-record that UFP are not affiliated with anyone foolish enough to pick up and wave the tarnished flag of Boognish and it avoids any scenario where they might get roped in to any potential mess that they have no hand in. 

It is a politically sound and understandably cautious step for an alliance that simply wants to move onwards from recent events and define their existence on their own terms, not those of the past.

54 minutes ago, Korlath said:

Do I know you? I'm trying to figure out how you could possibly know anything about me.

You have to forgive Franz, you see, now that you’re venturing out; it’s best that you know that your former leader, Kapleo, wasn’t a very nice ruler.

His council was bankrolled by foreign alliances and influence and he spent the majority of his time attempting to start wars.

Honestly having you at the helm brings comfort and stability to the micro world and I’ll take that over honest inexperience any day.

I wish you well in your endeavors.

I never knew a person with less room to talk than Martailis yet talk so much. I'm pretty sure this is how black holes are formed. Not taking sides in whatever debate is going on here. This is just a mostly random observation. I enjoy quantum physics. Carry on.

17 minutes ago, Canik said:

I never knew a person with less room to talk than Martailis yet talk so much. I'm pretty sure this is how black holes are formed. Not taking sides in whatever debate is going on here. This is just a mostly random observation. I enjoy quantum physics. Carry on.

I will avoid answering, not to intoxicate the post! However I would be curious to know why you say this. 

6 hours ago, Martialis said:

I will avoid answering, not to intoxicate the post! However I would be curious to know why you say this. 

Because mass creates gravity and minus an an opposing force gravity will continue to attract to other gravitational forces. In such a situation if you continue to add mass it will eventually create so much gravity in such a small space that time will warp dramatically and even light cannot escape. I suppose if you never stop talkin you'll be ok as they will oppose the gravitational forces. Just NEVER stop talking or you'll be reduced to nothing more than *perhaps* remnants of information on a 2-dimisional level. Which might almost sound reassuring in a way "oh well at least a record will remain. The thing is we will never be able to access this information, probably. If it exists at all. Last I checked, we still aren't entirely sure what happens "inside" a black hole.