Lord Hershey Bot Knows All

Since the early days of CLAWS, we've relied on our bot, Lord Hershey, to provide us with help and guidance. With its namesake returning to CN, it was inevitable that we would ask...

QHAOlNY.gif

First, have a section where the alliances involved make it clear that they are two alliances. Also state that the two alliances will not fight each other. You can call it Article One and/or Peace and Sovereignty For instance,

Article I — Peace and Sovereignty

CLAWS and Doom Squad recognize each other as two different alliances. Both shall abstain from any form of aggression against the other. Any mistakes or other issues between members shall be worked out between the parties.

Second, figure out what type of defense treaty you want and then make that Article Two and/or Defense. For instance, if you decide to have an Optional Defense Treaty (ODP) write it something like this:

Article II — Defense

CLAWS and Doom Squad agree that they may defend the other if either of them are attacked by a third party.

The 'may' in the above line means that the parties can choose to defend each other, but are not required to do so by the treaty.

Third, figure out if you want to also add an Article regarding Aggression - which means that the leadership of the two alliances agree to attack another alliance together. This is usually 'optional' and so for this example, it will also be optional. This will be Article Three.

Article III — Aggression

Should either CLAWS or Doom Squad initiate hostilities or get involved with conflict that is already taking place, the other may assist but does not have to.

Finally, end the treaty with a cancellation clause. These clauses are usually listed between 24 to 72 hours warning. For example,

Article IV
If either CLAWS or Doom Squad decide to end this treaty, they may do so by providing private notice to the other and the treaty will end after 72 hours pass from that notice.

At the end of the treaty, the government officials of each alliance add their signatures.

Signed for CLAWS,

Co-Leaders: Jazzy95, Supreme Sultan of Scratchposts

Al Bundy, Football Legend

Grand Inquisitor: Randalla

Ministers

Minister of Internal Affairs: Tehol

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Magical Muslim

Minister At-Large: White Chocolate

Signed for Doom Squad,

Lord Hershey — The Anointed

Hershicus — Inquisitor

Firing Lane — The non-government unofficial official

This is not required, however it is common at this point to do a "too long, didn't read" note at the end. In the above example it would be as follows:

tl:dr ODoA between CLAWS & Doom Squad

Firing Lane — The non-government unofficial official

As a non-government unofficial official I'd like to start the 72-hour cancellation period for screwing my name up. Allying TFO was bad enough - this is a bridge too far!

Edited by firingline

22 minutes ago, firingline said:

As a non-government unofficial official I'd like to start the 72-hour cancellation period for screwing my name up. Allying TFO was bad enough - this is a bridge too far!

Lord Hershey Bot Knows All.  You clearly have your name wrong.  
———

Glad to see this posted.  

7 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

Lord Hershey Bot Knows All.  You clearly have your name wrong.  
———

Glad to see this posted.  

WC is wise.

Good treaty, long overdue!

2 hours ago, firingline said:

This is not the rivalry I expected, but it's definitely one I needed.

Congrats to both parties. The web grows webbier!

15 hours ago, firingline said:

Congratulations on finally becoming government which was that thing you were always going on about and desiring!