War of Nurture

25 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:

Lol I mean sure, if your bar is no-CB wars, then this is definitely at least a CB, I can give COBRA that much. Seems like the lowest possible standard to hold yourself to, though.

Oh come on, RT was "evasive" and that justifies a CB against his entire alliance? Didn't you just argue that CLAWS was in the wrong for not attempting more diplomacy when Lucius literally set up a spy network against them? Sure, you at least "attempted" diplomacy, and you at least "gave a reason" for declaring war, but I figured you might hold yourself to a bit higher standard against a far less serious slight, if you can even call it that. 

You couldn't live with the CB, and where did that lead you? Back to me...

But claws wasn't in the wrong, I thought that was settled. No matter their means of gaining such screens...they were in the right in that instance. 

Edited by Lucius Optimus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/17/2020 at 5:47 PM, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Boognish.png

Update:

• All duels agreed upon have concluded
  • General Kanabis vs Lord Hitchcock has been cancelled as the latter does not maintain a nation that can actually fight, as such this duel is written off
  • All alliances engaged against KNB hereby recognise their surrender and grant them peace (in case this wasn't apparent with the lack of wars being launched)
  •  

Who am I to argue with a COBRA peace announcement?

The Dark Emperor applied for membership two days later, was accepted as a our prisoner, and sent to the Bloody Tower.

This was already conveyed to Lucius Optimus, General Kanabis, and you.

No one was willing to talk with you further because you breech diplomatic courtesy by logging and posting diplomatic exchanges.

20 minutes ago, Knights of the Grail said:

No one was willing to talk with you further because you breech diplomatic courtesy by logging and posting diplomatic exchanges.

That actually makes sense.

Yet for the purpose of our CB, I think you missed the bigger picture-

Don't send aid to anyone on the long list of rogues who plague our lands.

And if we ask you to stop, it shouldn't have to take sanctions to keep your sympathies from surfacing on the aid screen.

1 hour ago, Knights of the Grail said:

Who am I to argue with a COBRA peace announcement?

The Dark Emperor applied for membership two days later, was accepted as a our prisoner, and sent to the Bloody Tower.

This was already conveyed to Lucius Optimus, General Kanabis, and you.

I didn't get any communication from you or your alliance after you accepted him, the only time we have spoken was before Christmas when I first approached you. It is worth noting that the exact content of our exchange has not been shared here. The only exchange between myself and any representative of KoRT I have posted is the message received from Mordred and my subsequent response. I do not think it unreasonable to expect an elaboration on a vague demand made by one of your government.

You do not know me all that well, so I can understand your hesitation to an extent when it comes to speaking with me. However, should you wish that the words we exchange remain confidential and off the record? I will always oblige and there are a number of people who can attest to this fact- people who have been our friend and foe alike. If I am given information from a third-party that is a different matter, as in all likelihood, I am not the only person in possession of those logs. All I ask is that we are treated as equals and all parties speak plainly. You need not ask for confidentiality with me, but if it will put your mind at ease by obtaining that clarification before discussing anything with me, then by all means do so.

You have my word that when we approach a time to end this that our exchanges will remain between us. If you seek a third-party to mediate because you do not trust me? You are more than welcome to include them to bear witness.

In the meantime, let us enjoy each other's fireworks.

7 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

@White Chocolate See Lucius' post. No deal has been violated, TDE was given peace. Perhaps you should have been more specific regarding where his new home was to be and included them in our discussion. Besides, this is not about him specifically but rather the actions and candour of the KoRT leadership. The fact remains that KoRT aided TDE during that war, then provided him sanctuary (at your recommendation it would seem) and refused to engage with anyone from Cobra diplomatically whenever we have tried to approach them- or their responses have been suspiciously evasive at best.

You said he was free to go.  That was the deal.  As the person speaking for him, it is not my job to read your mind and figure out that when you say “free to go” what you actually mean is “free to go except to KoRT.”  

KoRT did not provide TDE with “sanctuary” because  he left and joined them after you all agreed to release him.  They took in a new member like any other alliance.  

KoRT is being attacked because Cobrasphere ( probably specifically Lucius) is still interested in revenge.  
You might as well stop with the faux outrage.  This is Planet Bob.  Embrace your need for revenge in public and have at it.  

32 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

You might want to reread the entire first half of the DoW.  It is all about TDE.  

About events surrounding his former rogue status, sure.

Not about him personally.

Tiddie isn't even mentioned directly.

13 minutes ago, SirWilliam said:

Confused Soldiers

Self anarchy, peace offers, tearful PMs, and friendly fire saboteurs.

Sounds about right for 2021

3 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

You said he was free to go.  That was the deal.  As the person speaking for him, it is not my job to read your mind and figure out that when you say “free to go” what you actually mean is “free to go except to KoRT.”  

KoRT did not provide TDE with “sanctuary” because  he left and joined them after you all agreed to release him.  They took in a new member like any other alliance.  

KoRT is being attacked because Cobrasphere ( probably specifically Lucius) is still interested in revenge.  
You might as well stop with the faux outrage.  This is Planet Bob.  Embrace your need for revenge in public and have at it.  

No

Stop trying to inject your Doomed agenda here

Gtfo 

1 minute ago, White Chocolate said:

Selective reading is really your forte isn't it?

According to your own screenshot posted earlier, you 'had somewhere in mind' for him and he has been referred to as a "Royal Prisoner". This suggests he was shipped off to KoRT under your orders, he didn't apply and join. Despite that; he was (and is) indeed free to go wherever he pleases, so this war is not a means of pursuing him. It is a consequence of botched diplomacy and a refusal on KoRT's part to acknowledge their conduct during and after the war with KNB.

The OP cites screenshots of military aid sent from DBDC to KoRT; KoRT sending aid to KNB and a vague demand issued to me, with no response or elaboration given a day after I tried to speak with RT directly. It shows very little neutrality; it demonstrates a trend in which KoRT refuse to engage diplomatically in any meaningful sense with us and a correlation that suggests they may have been working behind closed doors with DBDC whilst you and Banned sat on the KNB AA to sponsor that conflict.

These are all things that could easily have been refuted by KoRT during any number of the times we have attempted to reach out to them. They opted to shun our approaches, we opted to start shooting as a result. We'll happily get around a table with KoRT for peace in due time when they are willing to talk on a level playing field with us.

Wait no, what I mean is; GOD EMPEROR LUCIUS MADE ME DO IT. 

(If we wanted revenge, why would we attack KoRT? I can think of a far more suitable target if that was in fact my modus operandi)

2 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I didn't get any communication from you or your alliance after you accepted him, the only time we have spoken was before Christmas when I first approached you. It is worth noting that the exact content of our exchange has not been shared here. The only exchange between myself and any representative of KoRT I have posted is the message received from Mordred and my subsequent response. I do not think it unreasonable to expect an elaboration on a vague demand made by one of your government.

You do not know me all that well, so I can understand your hesitation to an extent when it comes to speaking with me. However, should you wish that the words we exchange remain confidential and off the record? I will always oblige and there are a number of people who can attest to this fact- people who have been our friend and foe alike. If I am given information from a third-party that is a different matter, as in all likelihood, I am not the only person in possession of those logs. All I ask is that we are treated as equals and all parties speak plainly. You need not ask for confidentiality with me, but if it will put your mind at ease by obtaining that clarification before discussing anything with me, then by all means do so.

You have my word that when we approach a time to end this that our exchanges will remain between us. If you seek a third-party to mediate because you do not trust me? You are more than welcome to include them to bear witness.

In the meantime, let us enjoy each other's fireworks.

I will confirm that so far in my dealings with Johnny, as far as I can recall, he has treated private discussion with proper respect. The micro tier's poor reputation in regard to diplomatic courtesy is well deserved and would recommend caution with most but Johnny, at least, seems to understand the value in maintaining diplomatic decorum.

As for the CB, meh. I've seen better. I've seen worse. I wish both sides fun. :)

8 minutes ago, Canik said:

I will confirm that so far in my dealings with Johnny, as far as I can recall, he has treated private discussion with proper respect. The micro tier's poor reputation in regard to diplomatic courtesy is well deserved and would recommend caution with most but Johnny, at least, seems to understand the value in maintaining diplomatic decorum.

yeah, no !@#$

the guy wont even show me his screens, only copypaste versions!

It can be rather frustrating.

6 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

You invoke me alot for someone you called into this thread. 

But I don't run anything or command anyone. That was seen to last year. So stop making it about me and let's check Nurture war summary day 1 

EthicalPlushButterfly-max-1mb.gif

Let me get this straight... TDE was free to go wherever, so long as it wasn’t pre-determined or agreed upon by people not in COBRA or without discussion with COBRA (even though JA used the word “free” and didn’t add anything more to his statement). And then when you asked KoRT to kick him out for being a (former? I’m still not clear on his status in your eyes) rogue, they largely ignored your attempts to influence their sovereignty. 

And nobody ignores COBRA, so naturally they need to be attacked. 

Am i understanding all this correctly?

Pardon my intrusion but is DBDC of all people really questioning any CB? Have you not, after all, declared war on nations from half the game's alliances (and declared open season on the other half) quite literally just because?

Thats Rich GIFs | Tenor

(Slight exaggeration and slight ad hominem, sure. But c'mon, of all the people to feign indignation...)