Shoulda been a Cowboy Update

"not white peace" = "reps" is a false equivalency in any case. It really doesn't matter if Caliph is this holy being that's never partaken in the wider aspects of CN terms. Even the most "moral" of alliances here post karma usually had loopholes in their rules for terms for things like bandwagoners, rogues, or alliances that start aggressive wars against them for lame reasons.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this talk of white peace vs. reps is moot until any alliance actually begins asking for discussions of such nature to happen. At the moment it is all conjecture and speculation as to what's going to happen. Since when is it the winning side's duty to go to the loosing side and say "Hey, wana talk about getting you guys out of this?" As far as I know, and I may be incorrect, no alliance on either side has requested peace and been told to shove it. Until that happens it's useless to say "Ohh Oculus is going to keep everyone under their boot until they're ZIZTZL'd into oblivion".   

And as far as reps or white peace- there is a precedence for them in numerous wars throughout the history of Bob. I don't know why people are getting upset about the idea about it now, especially considering that this has been one of the longest periods of war in recent memory (Dave, Karma and Eq were about 3 months each, Doom was about 4, Disorder was about 5, but we're nearing that mark now if we haven't passed it already). 

Point is: let's cross that bridge when we come to it and until then leave the speculation at home and focus on destroying all our hard nation building work. 

Edited by tobbogon
4 grammr

5 hours ago, masterbake said:

A lot of alliances in the past did not accept reps.  I think I was only once in an alliance that received reps and that was because we were not really involved in the Peace Talks and they were minimal (3m 50 tech if I remember).  Received reps for rouges, errant spy attacks etc. sure but as far as war ending reps?? Not that I can think of anyway.  I think Caliph is correct here.  

Also nothing wrong with reps.    

Nothing wrong with reps, but to say I desesrve !@#$%^&* terms because of reps is just plain factually incorrect.

4 hours ago, Auctor said:

"not white peace" = "reps" is a false equivalency in any case. It really doesn't matter if Caliph is this holy being that's never partaken in the wider aspects of CN terms. Even the most "moral" of alliances here post karma usually had loopholes in their rules for terms for things like bandwagoners, rogues, or alliances that start aggressive wars against them for lame reasons.

I don't care if you take reps,  but to claim that I deserve terms because of reps of the past that I never took is stupid and incorrect.  

Nothing wrong with reps, but I never took them and to say I deserve this or that because of reps is retarded.

You went rogue. You deserved further terms for going rogue. That's the whole story. I have no idea what circlejerk you were a part of years ago and I don't make it my business to find out.

4 hours ago, Auctor said:

You went rogue. You deserved further terms for going rogue. That's the whole story. I have no idea what circlejerk you were a part of years ago and I don't make it my business to find out.

I joined an alliance with my fellow former alliance mates who disbanded and that alliance honored a treaty to defend an ally.  Would you have rather DK didn't disband and countered Polar only to get countered by Oculus?  The end result is the same, DK nations beat down.

6 hours ago, Auctor said:

So people who AA hop during war are rogues?  Just want this policy clarified for future hilarity.

20 hours ago, tobbogon said:

All of this talk of white peace vs. reps is moot until any alliance actually begins asking for discussions of such nature to happen. At the moment it is all conjecture and speculation as to what's going to happen. Since when is it the winning side's duty to go to the loosing side and say "Hey, wana talk about getting you guys out of this?" As far as I know, and I may be incorrect, no alliance on either side has requested peace and been told to shove it. Until that happens it's useless to say "Ohh Oculus is going to keep everyone under their boot until they're ZIZTZL'd into oblivion".   

This.

To my knowledge neither Mongols nor SPATR have approached Oculus in an official capacity about finding a complete resolution to this war. All we have heard for weeks is that Mongols and SPATR intend to war until their warchests are drained. If that is their intention than we will carry on. If at any time they have a change of heart, Mongols/SPATR know where to find us and we can begin talks. There is not a single person on this side of things that is honestly pushing for eternal war on anyone on the other side.

8 hours ago, berbers said:

So people who AA hop during war are rogues?  Just want this policy clarified for future hilarity.

If you AA hop with the intent to fight you will be treated as an enemy combatant. Shocking concept I know.

27 minutes ago, The Warrior said:

If you AA hop with the intent to fight you will be treated as an enemy combatant. Shocking concept I know.

Sorry, enemy combatants and rogues are treated different and Auctor specifically used the word rogue, so i think the world deserves a non ambiguous clarification.  Are people that AA hop during war rogues?

On 7/7/2016 at 2:34 AM, Auctor said:

To be fair, DoorNail refused surrender, no reentry on behalf of lord only knows whom.

Wow, that's draconian, just like pre-karma days. Just wow. Did you offer to surrender and pay reps to the loosing party instead? That's the Post-Karma gold standard(tm) mate, what cave have you been living in? Just ask all these guys. 

Edited by shahenshah

20 hours ago, Mogar said:

Yes, I think they were salty you gave them blue balls.

What can I say?  My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

9 hours ago, The Warrior said:

What about when Matt Miller joined DBDC to attack WTF?  Was Matt Miller a rogue then?  What about when SCM joined DBDC to attack WTF and the many others?  Was he a rogue then?  Why is it when NuclearPoweredKinJongIl from Umbrella joinined DBDC to attack WTF not a rogue action but when I joined an alliance and honored a treaty a rogue action?  Why are they allowed to do so without consequence yet when its done against you suddenly people become rogues?

Cuz I can name names of Oculus members joining raids when convenient and somehow they aren't rogues but when remnants of DK including myself join a legit alliance we suddenly become rogues?  

Eat a dick.

Edited by Caliph

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

What can I say?  My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

What about when Matt Miller joined DBDC to attack WTF?  Was Matt Miller a rogue then?  What about when SCM joined DBDC to attack WTF and the many others?  Was he a rogue then?  Why is it when NuclearPoweredKinJongIl from Umbrella joinined DBDC to attack WTF not a rogue action but when I joined an alliance and honored a treaty a rogue action?  Why are they allowed to do so without consequence yet when its done against you suddenly people become rogues?

Cuz I can name names of Oculus members joining raids when convenient and somehow they aren't rogues but when remnants of DK including myself join a legit alliance we suddenly become rogues?  

Eat a dick.

Yet again you seem to not understand that people who lose don't get to dictate terms. 

2 minutes ago, white majik said:

Yet again you seem to not understand that people who lose don't get to dictate terms. 

They get as much say as they've got the backbone to keep pushing until they get terms they find acceptable. This idea we were 'sposda run around setting loose a nation that joined an alliance strictly to hit one of us while we're engaged in a wider war is just dopey as all get out and it will continue to be.

21 minutes ago, white majik said:

No I understand that, but having double standards is not a good way to win friends and influence people.

Oh no. Someone that willfully made themselves our enemy and now complains about having to take responsibility for it might not be our fwiend going forward. Time to shut this all down.

1 minute ago, Auctor said:

Oh no. Someone that willfully made themselves our enemy and now complains about having to take responsibility for it might not be our fwiend going forward. Time to shut this all down.

You made yourselves my enemy my attacking my friends. Friends > infra.

Remember that?

Of course you don't.  

Just now, Caliph said:

You made yourselves my enemy my attacking my friends. Friends > infra.

Remember that?

Of course you don't.  

It has been a while since Auctor had infra.

I remember what I did when the Hegemony tried to paint me as the bad guy for defending GATO back in 08. I ate the EZI and fought a dirty low-tier war until NPO gave up pursuing me. 

Granted it's a huge investment of time to do it effectively but somehow it was hugely feelsgoodman.gif as well.

So Caliph it's always possible to go full methrage if you want to. Heck maybe that's what you are trying to do. Lol.

Edited by Immortan Junka

7 minutes ago, hartfw said:

It has been a while since Auctor had infra.

And yet he  gets to be out of war whenever he wants with rebuilding tech aid slots in his inbox whenever he wants via your tech banks.  There are no real consequences for his actions here other than gaining more casualties.  He'll have his slots filled since he's on the winning side and his suppliers have not been beaten down.

8 minutes ago, Caliph said:

And yet he  gets to be out of war whenever he wants with rebuilding tech aid slots in his inbox whenever he wants via your tech banks.  There are no real consequences for his actions here other than gaining more casualties.  He'll have his slots filled since he's on the winning side and his suppliers have not been beaten down.

What are you even talking about anymore? Literally none of that is a thing.