Shoulda been a Cowboy Update

21 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

I remember what I did when the Hegemony tried to paint me as the bad guy for defending GATO back in 08. I ate the EZI and fought a dirty low-tier war until NPO gave up pursuing me. 

Granted it's a huge investment of time to do it effectively but somehow it was hugely feelsgoodman.gif as well.

So Caliph it's always possible to go full methrage if you want to. Heck maybe that's what you are trying to do. Lol.

To what end?  3 Oculus and friends on me for months until I either go to inactivity of sheer boredom or until they get bored of sending nations at me?  I could fight for months but its not like Oculus has any shortage of nations they could send at me.  I am just one nation, and me fighting Oculus on a personal crusade will not significantly impact Oculus at all.  Nobody will care.  Me fighting Oculus for months would not be a rallying call for any alliance or coalition.  And on the off chance somehow it was and I was the next "dave" or someone, there does not curently exist a credible threat who could militarily defeat Oculus so it would be pointless.  Save the strength for something meaningful.  Simply put, it would result in me being bored and would not hurt Oculus in the slightest.  It would not be impactful or change the result of any plans Oculus has.

I'd rather save my money and be ready to fight anyone else who tries to attack my friends.  IWhether its Oculus or some other entity attacking my friends I would rather face them in battle than be too busy being a punching bag for Oculus for months  and not be able to do anything impactful about it.

Edited by Caliph

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, the rebel said:

I think Caliph is under the impression that people deemed mercenaries have never been treated differently from the rest before, when they unfortunately end up on the losing side. 

I'm under the impression when Oculus gov change AAs to attack other alliances they are not declared rogues and rejoin their original AAs at will with no consequences to their actions.  To date there have been no terms for Oculus members and gov members leaving their AA's to join others, warring till they were done, then rejoijing with no consequences, no terms, no restrictions of any kind.  Yet when I and former DK members join an alliance legitimately and honor treaties to fight for an ally we are treated differently as if our joining an alliance legitimately is different from Oculus gov members and other members switching AA's whenever they please with no consequences whatsoever.

The hypocricy is what I am pointing out.  Oculus does this all the time yet for some reason they hate this behavior.  If they really hated it they wouldn't do it.  Simple as that.

Edited by Caliph

1 minute ago, Caliph said:

The hypocricy is what I am pointing out.  Oculus does this all the time yet for some reason they hate this behavior.  If they really hated it they wouldn't do it.  Simple as that.

You've been here long enough to know that might is right and your only consequence is that you have to sit at your chosen alliance for a while after the war....

The evil bastards!

You aren't very friend like that once the war is over you openly want to ditch them and complain that you can't.

1 minute ago, the rebel said:

You've been here long enough to know that might is right and your only consequence is that you have to sit at your chosen alliance for a while after the war....

The evil bastards!

You aren't very friend like that once the war is over you openly want to ditch them and complain that you can't.

I openly challange the assertion by Oculus that I was a rogue.  I openly oppose terms forcing people to stay in alliances for a period of time just because they joined an alliance after an arbitrary date because they didn't like a war being slightly harder than it was. They tried to hide behind treaties while they rolled our allies and because we did something about it we faced a losing war and forced AA for 6 months.

The hypocricy of the actions is what I appose.  Esepcially when Umbrella and NG changes AA's on a dime.  When IRON Umbrella DT and other Oculus alliances have people switching AAs on a dime to attack others and then join with no consequences, yet they claim the act of switching aa's is a rogue action and is worthy of terms.  

Might has never made right.  Might just makes what is.  And since there does not exist a force left here that could militarily defeat Oculus, Oculus can do whatever it wants with no consequences what so ever, so at the very least I've earned the right to !@#$%* about it.

1 hour ago, the rebel said:

You're complaining about such a ridiculously lame peace term, your reaction to it would be funny if it wasn't so sad. 

Really what's it stopping you from doing day to day other than sitting in alliance A instead of alliance B?

Having this term is like a tech raiding alliance imposing a term of no tech raiding on a defeated alliance.  Its so very hypocritical, but Oculus thinks when they do these things its fine but when its done against them its some travesty worth 6 month terms.  Meanwhile Oculus and their allies changed AA's numerous times during the war and continue to do so with no 6 month terms.

16 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

The world of Caliph, war for one month and then spend the next 3 months talking about it.

no wonder your former alliances never let you out of your cage

I'm not complaining about the 2 months of war, but rather the 6 month surrender terms that were non negotiable.

3 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I'm not complaining about the 2 months of war, but rather the 6 month surrender terms that were non negotiable.

you were in DK... take it from someone who knew some of your former affiliates, you got off easy.

white chocolate destroyed doom brand. What was an actual sphere of chaos forming turned into a bunch of crying babies with low self esteem and victim card tendencies. 

trying to PR that planet bob wasn't 'fair to you' is nonsense. best advice is to crawl back to your hole and be thankful

7 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

white chocolate destroyed doom brand. What was an actual sphere of chaos forming turned into a bunch of crying babies with low self esteem and victim card tendencies. 

When alliances lose wars there tends to be some complaining, it has very little - if anything - to do with White Chocolate. Concerning Doomsphere's FA woes I wouldn't give her much credit there either. Prominent Doomsphere leaders retiring/going inactive + the loose cannons of Doomsphere deserve infinitely more blame IMO. Simply put, Doomsphere would be where it is now with or without White Chocolate. If anything, they probably would've been there faster.

1 hour ago, Canik said:

When alliances lose wars there tends to be some complaining, it has very little - if anything - to do with White Chocolate. Concerning Doomsphere's FA woes I wouldn't give her much credit there either. Prominent Doomsphere leaders retiring/going inactive + the loose cannons of Doomsphere deserve infinitely more blame IMO. Simply put, Doomsphere would be where it is now with or without White Chocolate. If anything, they probably would've been there faster.

This is very accurate.

Yeah blaming WC for it makes no sense. There are people that could have changed that dynamic if they had wanted to and they didn't. I still consider our commitment to DBDC to be strong. I think there was a lot of miscommunication complicated by ill intent that went on between some of our alliances and DK after Doom War that was both silly and unfortunate. It could very well have been different but that it wasn't any one person's fault.

Not that this thread has anything to do with that.

2 hours ago, Auctor said:

Yeah blaming WC for it makes no sense. There are people that could have changed that dynamic if they had wanted to and they didn't. I still consider our commitment to DBDC to be strong. I think there was a lot of miscommunication complicated by ill intent that went on between some of our alliances and DK after Doom War that was both silly and unfortunate. It could very well have been different but that it wasn't any one person's fault.

Not that this thread has anything to do with that.

Except this thread and a few others have done nothing but reinforce the differences and ill intent.

well yeah. Disbanding an alliance just so you can attack folks without taking consequences corporately for it is bound to look a little pointed to some people.

1 hour ago, Auctor said:

well yeah. Disbanding an alliance just so you can attack folks without taking consequences corporately for it is bound to look a little pointed to some people.

The consequences were losing the war.

It doesn't mean we have to go sing your praises for the 6 month terms afterwords for the exact same thing you do and have done in that same exact war.

Dear Oculus, please don't bring back the terms of yesteryear because I would fear Caliph's wellbeing.

As its obvious 6 months sitting at his chosen alliance during the war is more harsh than making him spend 6 months sending his tech supply to the victors.

Edited by the rebel

This is going to come as kind of a shock, but the vast majority of things done in this world aren't actually done seeking Caliph's approval. Oculus and its inner workings are no exception.

10 hours ago, Caliph said:

So, all these posts are really about how much you hate being Last Call.

That is harsh.

Edited by hartfw

10 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

you were in DK... take it from someone who knew some of your former affiliates, you got off easy.

trying to PR that planet bob wasn't 'fair to you' is nonsense. best advice is to crawl back to your hole and be thankful

You act as if a "sphere of chaos" is a good thing, it isn't.

2 hours ago, Auctor said:

This is going to come as kind of a shock, but the vast majority of things done in this world aren't actually done seeking Caliph's approval. Oculus and its inner workings are no exception.

The horror.

57 minutes ago, hartfw said:

So, all these posts are really about how much you hate being Last Call.

That is harsh.

I hate being forced to do things.  And when my choices are either do this or my friends get rolled and i get perma war, well don't expect me to be singing your praises anytime soon.  

There are consequences to actions.  The conesequences of me joining LC and honoring treaties are 6 month terms.  The consequences of your decision to enact those terms is me getting active again and annoying here.

You act like I have to have big Oculus sized NS to do things.  Whats next?  A gag order for 6 months?

Not happening.

16 minutes ago, Caliph said:

There are consequences to actions.  The conesequences of me joining LC and honoring treaties are 6 month terms.  The consequences of your decision to enact those terms is me getting active again and annoying here.

You act like I have to have big Oculus sized NS to do things.  Whats next?  A gag order for 6 months?

Not happening.

I'm fine with you complaining for 6 months about being in LC.

But you should add more context, otherwise its just contentless spam.

Today Last call asked if my trade circle was okay.  I hate these people like the plague.  Alas, Polar and Oculus chained me to these people.

SUN is one of those aa's that very few people know about.  If I was free to join them, I could know more about them.  Alas, Polar and Oculus won't let me.

Make it interesting.

Edited by hartfw

5 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I can do that too.

Well, if thats the way you want to take my suggestion as to how to make your nonstop whining less tasteless spam, I'm going to go ahead and call you hopeless and deserving of your ill fortune.

But we will always remember the time you ran out of nukes within the first week and begged for peace.  Cowboys does not forget.

Edited by hartfw