Announcement from the New Polar Order

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread isn't complete until someone from MInc shows up to explain how they were wronged.

I'm sure they are likely preparing their argument as we speak, best thing to do is allow them the time to prepare it and judge whatever they say with a clear mind rather than bark out blind rage. Who knows, they might even have a valid reason for what they have done.

I have to give it to Monsters Inc, at least they are willing to consistently fight what they believe is the good fight whether it is the right thing to do or not. New Polar Order was well within their rights to cancel their protectorate treaty which they did, however I wonder how many within the alliance would have wanted to do the same thing and defend the action.

Zero.  Lestat pretty much said what we all feel.  

Thread isn't complete until someone from MInc shows up to explain how they were wronged.

we weren't wronged. Polaris had full authority to cancel the treaty- and we wish them well.

Our relationship is private and will remain so, we simply had vast differences and that's it, no hard feelings.

In every group there are dissidents, that is how Vox Populi formed, no?

There is no dissension in regards to dropping the Monsters.  As far as the greater political game, that is something that may happen over time, however, I am confident the Monsters will not be the ones leading the way.

There is no dissension in regards to dropping the Monsters.  As far as the greater political game, that is something that may happen over time, however, I am confident the Monsters will not be the ones leading the way.

What I am saying is that in every alliance there are members who will privately share views which differ from the alliance's public message. Dropping Monsters Inc was the right thing but really considering the history of the New Polar Order, it would be quite a stretch to believe that there is not one member who would have savoured the chance of a war with the New Pacific Order, and by extension Oculus.

I'm sure they are likely preparing their argument as we speak, best thing to do is allow them the time to prepare it and judge whatever they say with a clear mind rather than bark out blind rage. Who knows, they might even have a valid reason for what they have done.

Zero. Lestat pretty much said what we all feel.

In every group there are dissidents, that is how Vox Populi formed, no?

No.  Vox formed when 11 of us posted a lulzy DoW against GGA and Valhalla essentially as a supergroup of trolls determined to disrupt the narrative of the noCB War.  The most prominent figures didn't even have nations because we had gone out on Manic Monday.  Were we dissidents? Yes.  We were not undisciplined people making a rash decision, and the checks we were writing were going to be cashed by our own butts.

Our ideas drew hundreds of supporters who kissed their futures goodbye and stepped into certain PZI.  They were also dissidents, especially the disillusioned Polars who followed Sponge, but again, they were putting themselves on the line, no one else.  The large influx of Norden Verein nations were men whose future had been stolen. 

The formation of Vox was external to the entire system, a rejection of the entire system, and acted outside the entire system.

I can understand MInc.'s desire to do something, but they went off half-cocked in a move that put Polaris at risk without even speaking to Polaris.  They are dissidents and you could even say their move is admirable, but Polaris can't be put on the hitch for it, and we won't be.

Edited by Schattenmann

No.  Vox formed when 11 of us posted a lulzy DoW against GGA and Valhalla essentially as a supergroup of trolls determined to disrupt the narrative of the noCB War.  The most prominent figures didn't even have nations because we had gone out on Manic Monday.  Were we dissidents? Yes.  We were not undisciplined people making a rash decision, and the checks we were writing were going to be cashed by our own butts.
Our ideas drew hundreds of supporters who kissed their futures goodbye and stepped into certain PZI.  They were also dissidents, especially the disillusioned Polars who followed Sponge, but again, they were putting themselves on the line, no one else.  The large influx of Norden Verein nations were men whose future had been stolen. 
The formation of Vox was external to the entire system, a rejection of the entire system, and acted outside the entire system.

I can understand MInc.'s desire to do something, but they went off half-cocked.

You could argue that they embody the spirit of those supporters who came to the Vox Populi banner and marched into certain death. With how the world has changed since the end of Vox Populi 6 years ago, they are at least willing to do what they feel is right and who knows, it might start an awakening in long dormant entities. Either way, we will see how it plays out.

I can understand MInc.'s desire to do something, but they went off half-cocked in a move that put Polaris at risk without even speaking to Polaris.  They are dissidents and you could even say their move is admirable, but Polaris can't be put on the hitch for it, and we won't be.

I don't want anyone to take this as an insult against MInc. or what they're doing, I simply dispute the assertion that this is the way Vox Populi formed via clever (or sloppy) wording that makes every dissident the same.  Yes, Vox was formed by dissidents, no, not like this.

NPO's actions against TPF are gross and make me embarrassed of Cult of Justitia's years-long unaligned defense of them against the same sorts of actions, and I am thrilled that—even if it's a minute nothingness—MInc decided to throw some rocks at them. 

And anywhere that men act on their hearts on a Digiterra that has grown desolate and cold with bought NS and Skype fwiendzone "diplomacy" has at least a little of my admiration.

Edited by Schattenmann

Naturally Schattenmann, they should not have done what they did to The Phoenix Federation, the least they should have done is get another alliance within Oculus to make the announcement so that their hands would not be covered in proverbial blood. TPF's actions were selfless during that war and likely helped to keep Pacifica in the shape that it is today.

Whether you like it or not, Vox Populi is the poster-boy for dissent, no matter how it formed or what it encapsulated, it is what all acts of disobedience are measured by.

we weren't wronged. Polaris had full authority to cancel the treaty- and we wish them well.

Our relationship is private and will remain so, we simply had vast differences and that's it, no hard feelings.

This makes me glad.

Our visions were misaligned and perhaps a protectorate was the wrong direction to go with you. Good luck in your future endeavours.

Textbook justification.  I would cancel too.

Then again, you would surely cancel a dinner date with The Phoenix Federation. Did you not know that they are currently doing a special on fish and chips? Absolutely delicious yet a little green... hmm... I should probably ship some over to Stoney to let him know it's all water under the bridge.