Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but if the CN wiki is to be believed, if was only one nation that hit NPO.

There was/is currently one nation from the CCC hitting Polaris, for a reason we can only guess. (noobishness, confusion of the NPO/NpO acronym, etc.)

If one nation a war makes, I am expecting, at the very least, a Polaris counter on the CCC tonight, if not a DoW from XX.

Given that you have a treaty with NpO and no expectation that they will be going to war with you or your allies, that's a little different than one nation in an alliance allied to SNX hitting NPO on the same night NPO is getting countered by other SNX allies.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that you have a treaty with NpO and no expectation that they will be going to war with you or your allies, that's a little different than one nation in an alliance allied to SNX hitting NPO on the same night NPO is getting countered by other SNX allies.

But if CCC gov further confirms that they intended to enter the war, and just weren't ready to yet en masse, then it would be fully comparable.

A fair point. I'm sure this has been discussed to death elsewhere anyway, so I'll just return to the topic at hand, and save us all a little time.

Grr, NPO. :mad:

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but if the CN wiki is to be believed, if was only one nation that hit NPO.

There was/is currently one nation from the CCC hitting Polaris, for a reason we can only guess. (noobishness, confusion of the NPO/NpO acronym, etc.)

If one nation a war makes, I am expecting, at the very least, a Polaris counter on the CCC tonight, if not a DoW from XX.

Hmm - we seem to have plenty on our hands already, now we gotta dec on CCC - oh boy! ;)

Each alliance can, as a sovereign entity, act as they will. Granted there are certain norms in terms of decorum etc. to be respected and maintained, but there are plenty of instances where there have been such declarations, and the alliance who was attacked chose not to act on it since it was not in their best interests to do so. There are plenty of other instances such as this one where alliances chose to take action, once again because it was in their best interest to do so. And of course actions have consequences, and in my experience here extremely long term consequences, since alliances can still be attacked to this day for actions they took well over half a decade ago.

Edited by Monty of the Herm

It's not all we went on. Initially, we thought it might just be the one, but we scouted some of the other nations and they showed some signs of preparation for a military movement. Some were in Communist for instance.

this is fucking hilarous, I hope you're prepared for the precedent this sets.

this is !@#$@#$ hilarous, I hope you're prepared for the precedent this sets.

actually precendence was set back in the DH war.. if i recall correctly DH declared on us due to we had showed a build up to enter the other front in that war as one of the reasons we were PRE+EMPTED .. and guess what ... it was accepted by us :)

actually precendence was set back in the DH war.. if i recall correctly DH declared on us due to we had showed a build up to enter the other front in that war as one of the reasons we were PRE+EMPTED .. and guess what ... it was accepted by us :)

I sit in communist gov type whenever I am not collecting, this entire war proves how far our world has fallen, at least spying CBs had valid reasoning behind them.

I sit in communist gov type whenever I am not collecting, this entire war proves how far our world has fallen, at least spying CBs had valid reasoning behind them.

There also was the whole declared war thing here.

For what its worth, I get the feeling if you declared war on someone they would take that as a war also.

Edit: Its kinda funny, TSC admits (on the owf no less) to planning to enter the war and having a guy jump the gun, but people that aren't TSC want to suggest otherwise.

Edited by hartfw

It was one of several factors. The nation attacking along with the fact that Aftermath was going in, so it was a reasonable expectation that TSC would. If it was solely having nations in Communist, then you might have a point, but you're really grasping for points.

Edited by Monster

There also was the whole declared war thing here.

For what its worth, I get the feeling if you declared war on someone they would take that as a war also.

Edit: Its kinda funny, TSC admits (on the owf no less) to planning to enter the war and having a guy jump the gun, but people that aren't TSC want to suggest otherwise.

Not ignoring that fact, but a singular nation is not grounds for a larger war, not that I expect you to acknowledge rational behavior considering this is the third time in the past few weeks an alliance gets attacked for the actions of a single nation.

It was one of several factors. The nation attacking along with the fact that Aftermath was going in, so it was a reasonable expectation that TSC would. If it was solely having nations in Communist, then you might have a point, but you're really grasping for points.

Government type should not really ever be a factor included in that, as I said ^, a single nation is not used as grounds for an alliance wide war. Honestly I dont think I need to grasp for points, you guys are doing a far better job at setting up the targets for the next war than I could ever hope to do. 

Not ignoring that fact, but a singular nation is not grounds for a larger war, not that I expect you to acknowledge rational behavior considering this is the third time in the past few weeks an alliance gets attacked for the actions of a single nation.

Government type should not really ever be a factor included in that, as I said ^, a single nation is not used as grounds for an alliance wide war. Honestly I dont think I need to grasp for points, you guys are doing a far better job at setting up the targets for the next war than I could ever hope to do. 

A single war, by the alliance founder, against someone attacking a treaty partner, and intended (for a few days later) as the start of many and admitted as such on the owf.

I would say you are being intentionally obtuse here, but I'm not sure if that is giving credit or taking it away, and don't want to be rude.

. . . so the attempts to lawyer yourself out of this one is understandable.

Is this the first instance of a pre-emptive strike resulting in the alliance that was originally going to be attacked, but wasn't due to the pre-empt, then oAing in on the treaties that were used to justify the pre-empt?

CN e-lawyering has got even more confusing since I left, apparently!

Please, no e-lawyering without an e-law license.  Otherwise you are committing unauthorized practice of e-law, and I will prosecute you in the Lawyeria courts.  No need for that, right?  I actually have an e-lawyer license, therefore I will take care of all e-lawyering.  

I will give you another example of a preempt ... Grudge War i beleive FARK/FAN  also NPO ... there maybe even more but agian there are two examples for the precedent. Prempt is actually a strategy.

I will give you another example of a preempt ... Grudge War i beleive FARK/FAN  also NPO ... there maybe even more but agian there are two examples for the precedent. Prempt is actually a strategy.

The thing I found funny was that if the hit on TSC was presented as a straight up preempt Mogar would likely have little to say. But watch out if one enemy nation went early, suddenly your preempt is a huge strategic blunder!

When did this single nations don't count as a cause for war crap start? Single nations have caused lots of wars around here.

Back when Bob was young, that's how the Citrus War got started. The precedents are ancient, therefore.

Everything. Must. Die. Reason does not matter. The most stable state of order is one in which the most life has been terminated.

And the one in which the remains are rendered into soylent green to be fed to the Pacifican War machine of which I am part. :P

*Returns to his casual rampage.*

Save your pixels from being devoured! Surrender to me today!

Do not mind the entity that made this post, it is stark raving mad and has gone berserk.

The thing I found funny was that if the hit on TSC was presented as a straight up preempt Mogar would likely have little to say. But watch out if one enemy nation went early, suddenly your preempt is a huge strategic blunder!

I doubt it. He's looking for anything he can use to say "you're next hahaha." There's nothing wrong with preempts in general and every sphere has at least an alliance or two who has done one, but Mogar seems like he'd definitely try to use them as ammo. 

When did this single nations don't count as a cause for war crap start? Single nations have caused lots of wars around here.

Back when Bob was young, that's how the Citrus War got started. The precedents are ancient, therefore.

Dave's War of more recent vintage was named after the singular catalyst of that war.

I doubt it. He's looking for anything he can use to say "you're next hahaha." There's nothing wrong with preempts in general and every sphere has at least an alliance or two who has done one, but Mogar seems like he'd definitely try to use them as ammo.

Yeah you're probably right there, I suppose people will try to use anything when wartime desperation hits.

This DoW represents one of two things:

Unnecessary piling on -- in which case, good luck, Sandstorm!

OR

Necessary piling on -- in which case, nice work Sandstorm!

3_79.jpg
I love you <3

Funny thing was, we were never going to declare on Polar to begin with. We were gonna hit Doom Squad and talk their allies into playing with us in DestructoPixel. Let's be honest, there are two parts to this. First, we (TSC) wanted to up our casualties and so that's all fine and dandy. On the other hand, NPO knows this is overkill and that we wereat a disadvantage without them getting involved.

My personal thoughts: if Umbrella and Sengoku (and let's not forget DoD!) legitimately need help with a 28-man AA, you should get better allies. I love the Sengoku guys I've warred with so far, and I'm relatively confident that they don't need you to fight in a war when we were dogpiled from the beginning. So basically, either you need a whole new war staff (seriously, your allies got involved before you, the original party), or you see an easy target(SNX is tied up, and asking AGW to come in would be asking them to commit suicide, and I'm not down with that). Or we're putting up an even better fight than I realized, in which case I'll give myself a good pat on the back.

Regardless, I'm disappointed with you guys. Seriously, if you're going to dogpile onto us in keeping with the current fashion, at least give everyone a war or two. I've got 2 defensive slots open for you, come and get 'em.

Edit: I just checked to see why I hadn't realized you considered yourselves at war with us, and I discovered that literally one of your guys hit one of ours. I almost fell out of my chair laughing! Since we told our guy that raided you in the first place not to keep attacking you, maybe we can let that one war expire and call it even, eh? Edited by Alex0827a

I love you <3

Funny thing was, we were never going to declare on Polar to begin with. We were gonna hit Doom Squad and talk their allies into playing with us in DestructoPixel. Let's be honest, there are two parts to this. First, we (TSC) wanted to up our casualties and so that's all fine and dandy. On the other hand, NPO knows this is overkill and that we wereat a disadvantage without them getting involved.

My personal thoughts: if Umbrella and Sengoku (and let's not forget DoD!) legitimately need help with a 28-man AA, you should get better allies. I love the Sengoku guys I've warred with so far, and I'm relatively confident that they don't need you to fight in a war when we were dogpiled from the beginning. So basically, either you need a whole new war staff (seriously, your allies got involved before you, the original party), or you see an easy target(SNX is tied up, and asking AGW to come in would be asking them to commit suicide, and I'm not down with that). Or we're putting up an even better fight than I realized, in which case I'll give myself a good pat on the back.

Regardless, I'm disappointed with you guys. Seriously, if you're going to dogpile onto us in keeping with the current fashion, at least give everyone a war or two. I've got 2 defensive slots open for you, come and get 'em.

Well said my dear friend, I couldn't think of a better person to stand back to back with .   I also have a couple open slots, that surely  between the 4 alliances that have declared on our massive 28 man alliance could get  this request filled.

o/Sandstorm