The GPA "war" flag - contest

jerdge

The GPA is choosing its "war flag". Well, we don't actually think we'll use it much as a war flag... For this reason we call it also "second flag"! :)

This thread is to collect submissions from artists from all over Cyber Nations. Submissions compliant with the following requirements will be considered without prejudice, according to the procedure also outlined below.

Any poster can submit up to 3 flags, each of which must:

• Have a width/height ratio of 15x8.
  • Be available in one of the following formats:
    - Vector .svg
    - Any vector format that can be easily converted to .svg
    - Good quality large size (1800x960 pixel, or more) raster image.
  • Be available (= uploaded somewhere) in both 150x80 and 450x240 .png or .jpg format, for display in this thread and on the GPA forums.
  • Do not be the flag or symbol of any Real Life entity.
  • Do not be any flag of any Cyber Nations alliance, other than the GPA. (The old GPA flag and the current GPA flag are both admissible submissions.)
  • Do not be distasteful or offensive (obviously!)

Submissions not compliant with any of the above conditions will be ignored.

It is recommended, although not obligatory, that all the flag's distinctive features remain clearly visible at 150x80 pixel size.
Submissions may (optionally) have one name associated with each flag. I reserve the right to attach "unofficial" names to unnamed flags.

Please also attach the code to display your submissions (omit the optional name(s), if they have no name), in the following format:

[b]Flag Name[/b]
[img=http://<150x80imageURL>]
[spoiler=Flag Name 450x240][img=http://<450x240imageURL>][/spoiler]

Except for "obvious" things that I may have forgotten, the requirements will stay this way. :)

Flags can be submitted from now to February, 5th AM (game time). Depending on the number of submissions, I'll then move on to one to three rounds of votes among the GPA members, to choose the one flag candidate to become the GPA official "war flag". The GPA Cabinet will then have the final say on the matter.

I foresee that the entire procedure will take up to two weeks.

The winner's only reward, as of now, will be the honour of being the maker of the GPA war flag.
I can't anyway exclude that we come up with something interesting before the contest ends... ;)

[hr]
UPDATE
I decided to put a prize of 36 millions for the winner. Recipient nation(s) will have to not be at war (and their alliance not be at war either) to withdraw the prize.

[hr]
Deadline UPDATE: (as of 07 February 2014)
I would have liked to be over with the submissions, but a couple of artists need a bit more time, thus we're going to wait for another short while. Anyone interested (and that can still make a submission in a reasonable time) please message me (or post here) to be included as well.

[hr]
[hr]

The following are all the (16) submissions to this moment (just juxtaposed, in random order):
Green-Shadow-150x80_zps1a1c9574.png . 666-150x80_Stewies-Mirrored_zps9dda192c. . WingsOfWar-01_150x80_zps2d307219.png . Wicked-150x80_Teh-Chad_zps159657d6.png

Darkness-Dove-150x80_zps954059f4.png . Green-Arms-Shield-150x80_Monroes-3_zps9e . WingsOfWar-02_150x80_zpsd212c588.png . Agencys-Insurgency-150x80_Lord-Hersheys-

Green-Battle-Flag-150x80_Lord-Hersheys-3 . GPA-Quart-Arms-150x80_Monroes-1_zps41218 . GPA-Arms-Shield-150x80_Monroes-1_zpsb723 . Shield-of-Fortitude-150x80_euclids_zps39

669-150x80_Stewies-Mirrored-Engraved_zps . Baby-Face-150x80_Herenos_zpseaf375c3.png . Agencys-Rage-150x80_Lord-Hersheys-4_zps7 . Gpaflag-150x80_zps6dfccdf6.png

[hr]
In the spoilers below you find, grouped by four and in the same order, separate thumbnails with the flag name and a (spoilered) higher-res version of each flag.

[spoiler][hr]Green Shadow
Green-Shadow-150x80_zps1a1c9574.png
[spoiler]Green-Shadow-450x240_zps37006193.png[/spoiler]
[hr]666
666-150x80_Stewies-Mirrored_zps9dda192c.
[spoiler]666-450x240_Stewies-Mirrored_zps828e6714[/spoiler]
[hr]Green Wings of War
WingsOfWar-01_150x80_zps2d307219.png
[spoiler]WingsOfWar-01_450x240_zps3e7e111f.png[/spoiler]
[hr]Wicked
Wicked-150x80_Teh-Chad_zps159657d6.png
[spoiler]Wicked-450x240_Teh-Chad_zpsd323cf64.png[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][hr]Darkness Dove
Darkness-Dove-150x80_zps954059f4.png
[spoiler]Darkness-Dove-450x240_zps89de49c6.png[/spoiler]
[hr]Green Arms Shield
Green-Arms-Shield-150x80_Monroes-3_zps9e
[spoiler]Green-Arms-Shield-450x240_Monroes-3_zps2[/spoiler]
[hr]Wings of War
WingsOfWar-02_150x80_zpsd212c588.png
[spoiler]WingsOfWar-02_450x240_zpsa61a3802.png[/spoiler]
[hr]Agency Insurgency
Agencys-Insurgency-150x80_Lord-Hersheys-
[spoiler]Agencys-Insurgency-450x240_Lord-Hersheys[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][hr]Green Battle Flag
Green-Battle-Flag-150x80_Lord-Hersheys-3
[spoiler]Green-Battle-Flag-450x240_Lord-Hersheys-[/spoiler]
[hr]GPA Quart'Arms
GPA-Quart-Arms-150x80_Monroes-1_zps41218
[spoiler]GPA-Quart-Arms-450x240_Monroes-1_zps8406[/spoiler]
[hr]GPA Arms Shield
GPA-Arms-Shield-150x80_Monroes-1_zpsb723
[spoiler]GPA-Arms-Shield-450x240_Monroes-1_zpsad7[/spoiler]
[hr]Shield of Fortitude
Shield-of-Fortitude-150x80_euclids_zps39
[spoiler]Shield-of-Fortitude-450x240_euclids_zps0[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][hr]669
669-150x80_Stewies-Mirrored-Engraved_zps
[spoiler]669-450x240_Stewies-Mirrored-Engraved_zp[/spoiler]
[hr]Baby Face
Baby-Face-150x80_Herenos_zpseaf375c3.png
[spoiler]Baby-Face-450x240_Herenos_zps95ca5870.pn[/spoiler]
[hr]Agency Rage
Agencys-Rage-150x80_Lord-Hersheys-4_zps7
[spoiler]Agencys-Rage-450x240_Lord-Hersheys-4_zps[/spoiler]
[hr]GPA Standard
Gpaflag-150x80_zps6dfccdf6.png
[spoiler]Gpaflag-450x240_zps3c6d3f5f.png[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Edited by jerdge

The winner's only reward, as of now, will be the honour of being the maker of the GPA war flag.
I can't anyway exclude that we come up with something interesting before the contest ends... ;)

Aww come on I am sure with GPA’s vast untap resources you can spare a couple of millions to the eventual winner.

I am looking forward to see the winner’s flag.

Uh oh, incoming GPA hit on the major parties post war  :mellow:

Hey please don't post details on your forums, or Ardus will CNtel them!... :)

As a matter of fact some idiot proposed to add an even stronger non-aggression clause in our Charter, and we're voting on it right now. The votes in favour are over 90%...

jerdge, is this an attempt to get that bird flu flag that I heard you guys were all craving?   :D

Considering how awesome the GPA is, I'm in this to win it.

The bird flu WMD is our ultimate line of defence, no one is supposed to talk or even just know about it!

I look forward to see your contributions, of course. :)

There was a thread on the GPA forums about making a flag.  They got caught up in a discussion about what the bird used actually was.  Some speculated that it was an infected pigeon, whereas others thought it might have been a dove with a personality disorder.  True story.

I suppose they never came to a conclusive decision, which leads us to this.

[b]GPA's War Path Flag[/b]
[img=http://i.imgur.com/IOFk1cb.png]
[spoiler=GPA's War Path Flag 450x240][http://i.imgur.com/b7kjHXk.png][/spoiler]

:unsure:  Not sure if this code format is what you wanted… If not, care to instruct me a bit more about that?

If I win the contest, I should be awarded by being given complete authority of GPA.  :smug:

6GiDmz6.pngIBbqa6s.png

War Flag versus Peace Flag (GPA's standard flag)

Edited by Lord Hershey

:unsure:  Not sure if this code format is what you wanted… If not, care to instruct me a bit more about that?

If I win the contest, I should be awarded by being given complete authority of GPA.  :smug:

6GiDmz6.pngIBbqa6s.png

Wrong.

That's GPA's flag mirrored. - http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Protection_Agency

Edited by Stewie

Aww come on I am sure with GPA’s vast untap resources you can spare a couple of millions to the eventual winner.

Yeah, we just haven't reached that part yet. We have two weeks, I think it will be more than two millions.

[hr]

IBbqa6s.png
My entry

6GiDmz6.pngIBbqa6s.png

Thank you both. Can you please make them with a width/height ratio of 15/8? (They currently have the GPA standard's ratio, which is good only for flags that are manually uploaded by Admin).

Lord Hershey, the code was almost good, you just forgot an "img=". BTW this forum messed up a bit with the code in the OP as well...

FORMAT UPDATE:
To allow for more formats I updated the relevant requirement as follows:

Be available in one of the following formats:
- Vector .svg
- Any vector format that can be easily converted to .svg
- Good quality large size (1800x960 pixel, or more) raster image.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Edited by jerdge

That's very neat, Monroe! I like the other submissions too. :)

As you lazy people don't even make a try at using the format (thank you Hershey for having done it at least once , btw) I guess I''have to do the work for you... This means that I'll host your work somewhere (on photobucket, probably).

I may be inefficient (weekend and "other stuff") but I'll get to the end of this, anyway. :)

That's very neat, Monroe! I like the other submissions too. :)

As you lazy people don't even make a try at using the format (thank you Hershey for having done it at least once , btw) I guess I''have to do the work for you... This means that I'll host your work somewhere (on photobucket, probably).
I may be inefficient (weekend and "other stuff") but I'll get to the end of this, anyway. :)

I work in Seashore (Mac Gimp Clone) so no Photoshop ability.

gpashield2.jpg

Also, this is surely the first stage of the GPA's plans to roll NpO.

Shh, you can't say that in the OWF! They might pre-empt you. Well, not before treating Pax Corvus to protect their pixels.

Hmm, I know what I want to do for this, but I'm not sure I have the time right now to use for this, so I'll describe it instead.

1. Remove that pesky leafy wreath (that wikimedia vector is all over the place) and use a wreath of something more appropriate (barbed wire should do the trick)

2. Substitute the charges on that escutcheon with the following (from dexter to sinister, descending):

A: a radioactive emblem

B: a pigeon descending (and pierced by an arrow)

C: an aircraft violant

D: a death’s head above two bones in saltire (tldr skull & crossbones)

4. Profit