Recognition of Hostilities

Duncan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused here Rush, are you saying that Polar and Sparta are not doing their part in this war, or that they should declare war on a small but powerful alliance that would offer no tactical advantage whatsoever?

What I am saying is simple. Your allies are here defending you..as per their treaty. Yet everyone on your happy little coalition is essentially ignoring DBDC on every single raid.  This is because they KNOW...follow me here... they KNOW you guys will not touch them. You are allowing them, by default.. to set a new precedent for raiding.. which I am glad you are doing. Post war should be much more fun.

Edited by Rush Sykes

Rush: Get back to me when you have a number of 300K nations to throw at them. It's easy to criticize if you're not being attacked by them, so I hope they attack TLR. That way you can show just what amazing strategy you have in store to immediately and soundly defeat them.

Back onto the actual topic at hand: Thanks AO for coming in on ODN!

o/ AO

Rush: Get back to me when you have a number of 300K nations to throw at them. It's easy to criticize if you're not being attacked by them, so I hope they attack TLR. That way you can show just what amazing strategy you have in store to immediately and soundly defeat them.

o/ AO

In this post, you act as if DBDC are not totally covering your collective faces with doodoo in this war.

o/ AO

I'd be happy to help you out but I'm a little busy atm, sorry.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzuM2XTnpSA

In this post, you act as if DBDC are not totally covering your collective faces with doodoo in this war.

you're acting as though there's a single thing either coalition could do to defeat DBDC, which is something we both know, but you are using as a cheap shot to score PR points.

tumblr_inline_mwp0m7scWB1ripgeb.gif

you're acting as though there's a single thing either coalition could do to defeat DBDC, which is something we both know, but you are using as a cheap shot to score PR points.

tumblr_inline_mwp0m7scWB1ripgeb.gif

It's not a cheap shot at all... there is more than sufficient firepower in the TOP-Polar coalition to handle DBDC. Thats an absolute fact. It is not hard to understand that if DBDC can find targets in range to raid... then there are nations in range to counter them. Would it be easy? No. Would it be less embarassing than just letting them sling poo in your faces all day? Well, that is for them to decide for themselves I guess.

It's not a cheap shot at all... there is more than sufficient firepower in the TOP-Polar coalition to handle DBDC. Thats an absolute fact. It is not hard to understand that if DBDC can find targets in range to raid... then there are nations in range to counter them. Would it be easy? No. Would it be less embarassing than just letting them sling poo in your faces all day? Well, that is for them to decide for themselves I guess.

yes completely throwing away their upper tiers for the next 2 years is definitely worth it.

yes completely throwing away their upper tiers for the next 2 years is definitely worth it.

It will be funny to see if that continues post-war. Because what you are saying right now.. is they have carte blanche to raid anyone...with no repercussions, because nobody in peace time is going to be any more inclined to throw away their upper tier.

At some point, you probably should consider not letting your friends be totally dumped on. Even if you are resorted to employing the same strat IRON used on Ramirus era GRE. Dont get me wrong, I am elated to sit back and watch DBDC pluck the new "word leaders" apart. It is hilarious.

Not really. There simply is no fighting a nation that has a 200k NS advantage, so much land and tech their spies do whatever they want, and nukes that blow large holes in you with each strike. There is only getting your teeth kicked in and if you are lucky, doing what amounts to minor damage long term. That's because they essentially have a steady stream of cash, tech and such flowing into most all DBDC nations.

A fun fight involves more or less even foes trading blow and letting factors like coordination ability and war prep decide the thing...fighting DBDC simply isn't any fun, so why would you unless cornered into it?

OOC: I'm sorry if that bucket of ice cold reality is too much for some of you, but it's really how the vast majority of players feel about it when they aren't trying to look brave in front of the cool kids. I recognize broken game mechanics when I see them. The top 250 rule ain't making it any longer. It was an artificial limit set in a time when the spread between #18 and number #180 wasn't nearly so large.

Not even just a 200k NS advantage, Hal. It's a 400k advantage. 

There aren't many fresh 100k nations left on either side except in Umbrella. Not going to explain any of this to Rush, though, because that would be the equivalent of banging my head on a wall until I am knocked out. Just know everyone sees what you are doing and it comes off as desperate. First, it was R&R, and now DBDC. How many people are you trying to bait, here?

OOC: DBDC isn't going anywhere until game mechanics are fixed, and I think everyone has realized this but you.

Edited by Starfox101

I hope more alliances like DBDC appear in other tiers.

OOC: DBDC are playing the game the way it was meant to be played. An alliance of nations not tied into off-game treaties. Alliances are part of the OOC: game design. Treaties are not.

LOL @ seeking OOC game mechanics changed just so you pansies could stand a chance against them.

4 million NS that made the world tremble. o/ DBDC

They could just hide in the sub-10k region like yourself. Then they could talk as much smack as they want!

Just saying.....

:D

Edited by Grand Lord of Funk

I for one am enjoying that only 16 DBDC nations turned the other 10,000 nations of Planet Bob into their !@#$%*es. All hail our new avian overlords.

There's a lot more doombirds out there.

They're just waiting to be rise and soar like the phoenix they are...

I hope more alliances like DBDC appear in other tiers.

OOC: DBDC are playing the game the way it was meant to be played. An alliance of nations not tied into off-game treaties. Alliances are part of the OOC: game design. Treaties are not.

LOL @ seeking OOC game mechanics changed just so you pansies could stand a chance against them.

4 million NS that made the world tremble. o/ DBDC

First off, they hold treaties. Your alliance does as well, so perhaps you should rethink the way you are acting. Secondly, OOC: nobody is seeking a change in mechanics. It is however, logical to see a restriction in a war declaration range. Not a huge one, but there should be no reason a nation 5x your NS can hit you. I have yet to see a proposal, this is merely discussion. 

Lastly, they won't be able to save Nordreich, I'm sorry. Keep worshiping,  though.

What I am saying is simple. Your allies are here defending you..as per their treaty. Yet everyone on your happy little coalition is essentially ignoring DBDC on every single raid.  This is because they KNOW...follow me here... they KNOW you guys will not touch them. You are allowing them, by default.. to set a new precedent for raiding.. which I am glad you are doing. Post war should be much more fun.

Talking like they haven't been raiding on both coalition fronts and none are declaring on them. You're slinging shit at one side and yourself for not doing the above.

Not even just a 200k NS advantage, Hal. It's a 400k advantage. 

There aren't many fresh 100k nations left on either side except in Umbrella. Not going to explain any of this to Rush, though, because that would be the equivalent of banging my head on a wall until I am knocked out. Just know everyone sees what you are doing and it comes off as desperate. First, it was R&R, and now DBDC. How many people are you trying to bait, here?

OOC: DBDC isn't going anywhere until game mechanics are fixed, and I think everyone has realized this but you.

I was being conservative with 200k.  You are correct though.

OOC: Let me be clear...I am in no way accusing DBDC or anyone within it of cheating or even cheesy game play.  There's nothing they are doing wrong within the ToS.  This is an Admin problem, not a player problem.  As players, we're forced to role play around it as best we can unless and until the members of DBDC get bored and break up their nice little collection of superhero nations.  Hell, maybe Kevin is hoping that will happen naturally and he won't have to do anything.  History favors it--massive collections of power, be it nations or alliances, in one place have always eventually broken up, whether it's The Initiative, The Continuum, Gramlins, or something else.