PM Statistics

Hereno

In the MHA DoW thread, there was a lot of talk about peace mode usage by alliance, with TOP and Umbrella both having over 50% of their alliances in peace mode. Vlad, ShamWOW, and others commented in retort that high damage numbers from TOP disproved the notion that they were "hiding in peacemode", and that TOP was actually cycling nations as per a strategy.

So, I compiled the relevant data: clicky

Interesting, eh?

You know, I always joke that Sparta is so under the radar, when alliances are compared on the OWF, we are almost always forgotten. This is no anomaly to that statement.  I suppose since this is a go nowhere thread, maybe I shouldn't complain.

Edited by Enamel32

In the MHA DoW thread, there was a lot of talk about peace mode usage by alliance, with TOP and Umbrella both having over 50% of their alliances in peace mode. Vlad, ShamWOW, and others commented in retort that high damage numbers from TOP disproved the notion that they were "hiding in peacemode", and that TOP was actually cycling nations as per a strategy.

Interesting, eh?

We're still in the first round of wars, Hereno. But do keep trying.

I'll say the same thing I said in the MHA thread:

What matters is our ability to output damage in a sustained war and I would say we do that quite well. Your peace mode statistics are irrelevant to me as I was never the one to call out someone for peace mode usage (unless of course they truly were hiding their nations in peace mode to avoid damage, which I haven't personally seen any evidence of yet this war.)

No. It's a reflection of a (now) very common strategy.

It consists of preventively peace modding the tier(s) where you feel you are the weaker. It has the double effect of bringing the fight where you want it to go. Which is why our alliance's mid to low tiers are in peace mode and others just peace out their top tiers, even if we're in the same coalition. 

Why? Because we entered while they were still alliances left to join on the other side. 

Which means that, yes, an alliance who has a strong upper tier (say, 50% of its nations) will comparatively have a high percentage of peace modded nations if it wants to follow through with said planning. Once all major players are involved, we know where to deploy our meager low-mid tiers and can do it effectively.

Every war, we get alliances who whine about our strategies. 98.5% of the time, they're our enemies. We must definitely be doing it right.

Interesting, eh?

Heh, I'm trying to get a hold of the 1 Nov statistics to do a weekly thing, but the earliest I picked up was on the 4th. (Probably doesn't make that much of a difference as those that would have gone to PM would still be in it).  Anyways, here's a more detailed breakdown of TOP's nations and PM.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsPHjM3AY7DgdGE1ZUlDN09wbkNHWUhNSFpmSy1weVE#gid=0

If you don't want to interpret from the data:

From the 4th until today, 76% (52/68) of TOP's nations that were in PM have stayed in PM. Hence, 24% have come out of PM.  Five nations that were in WM have gone to PM (all five fought a round of war prior to entering). Of the 16 nations that have left PM, all but one has declared an offensive war.

Heh, I'm trying to get a hold of the 1 Nov statistics to do a weekly thing, but the earliest I picked up was on the 4th. (Probably doesn't make that much of a difference as those that would have gone to PM would still be in it).  Anyways, here's a more detailed breakdown of TOP's nations and PM.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsPHjM3AY7DgdGE1ZUlDN09wbkNHWUhNSFpmSy1weVE#gid=0

From the 4th until today, 76% (52/68) of TOP's nations that were in PM have stayed in PM. Hence, 24% have come out of PM.  Five nations that were in WM have gone to PM (all five fought a round of war prior to entering). Of the 16 nations that have left PM, all but one has declared an offensive war.

My statistics would have been as big and numbery as those but I'm way too lazy. I'll be sure to check in on that as time goes on.

My statistics would have been as big and numbery as those but I'm way too lazy. I'll be sure to check in on that as time goes on.

His statistics are already proving that we are doing exactly as we said we are. Maybe you should find something else to harp on that isn't completely idiotic.

His statistics are already proving that we are doing exactly as we said we are. Maybe you should find something else to harp on that isn't completely idiotic.

I didn't present an argument with my stats - I merely put them into context by giving a quick summary of the discussion that led to my interest. There's no need to be rude about it.

Besides, I would be a little bit impressed if nobody had cycled back into peace mode since the start of the war.

I didn't present an argument with my stats - I merely put them into context by giving a quick summary of the discussion that led to my interest. There's no need to be rude about it.

Besides, I would be a little bit impressed if nobody had cycled back into peace mode since the start of the war.

Don't be dense. How exactly are the peace mode statistics of an arbitrary selection of alliances relevant to anything other than you trying to insinuate that we are hiding in peace mode to avoid damage?

Don't be dense. How exactly are the peace mode statistics of an arbitrary selection of alliances relevant to anything other than you trying to insinuate that we are hiding in peace mode to avoid damage?

They were not selected arbitrarily. I selected the 6 alliances - 3 on each side - at the epicenter of the war, and added in GATO and Umbrella because the statistics were requested/made available in the MHA thread. MHA, of course, was added in because the discussion was going on in their thread.

I'll certainly agree with you that the numbers tend to suggest that you're wrong, but my intention was simply to find out for myself. I decided to share the data with everybody else as as courtesy that you, apparently, do not appreciate.

Which do you need, nation stats?

Gopher provided me the stats for 1 Nov, so I updated the data accordingly.  

63 nations were in PM on the first.

On the 9th (today), 47 of the 63 remain in PM. Ten nations that were in WM are now in PM (didn't bother to look up if they all fought).  16 nations have left PM (and again, most have gone to war since leaving). 

Interesting, eh?

In light of the fact that we are in the top three in our coalition in terms of damage sustained and damage dealt, I'd say no, it's not very interesting at all; indeed, I'd say that the claim you're attempting to further doesn't have a leg to stand on. I can't imagine you're dumb enough to believe that drawing up the aforementioned numbers and attaching your stated interpretation of them actually makes for a convincing argument, and so I will chalk your enterprise down to a very ineffective attempt at rabble-rousing. 

Edited by Crymson

Can I have statistics on alliances with high percentages of nations who unfairly and with much cowardice fail to spend all of their daily income, preventing me from being able to bill lock them and allowing them to simply buy back everything they lose at war as if it had never happened?

It's shameful and I want to know who is doing it.

In the Sugar Rush stats page I put out the percentages of tech in pm at that time for a handful of aa's.  I'm not a big fan of a simple nation count or percentage approach, because a 100 man aa that pm's its bottom 40 is effectively vastly different forces to a war than a 100 man aa that pm's its top 40.  You could go off NS, but then you definitely want the starting numbers which I didn't have then.

I might redo it with the numbers pre-war if I don't get lazy but the snapshot a few days ago was posted over in that other thread, and I would encourage anyone being industrious on this to not just show a % of nations, but a percentage of tech or ns.