NATO the fearless warriors

bucovina

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are nations on the "ODN Applicant" AA aware that there's a war going on and that they might get attacked because of their choice of AA?

I'd assume yes, I've never been in a massrecruiting alliance that didn't warn new recruits about an ongoing war against the main AA. That said, I'm not privy to their actions.

This thread is just wow. Seriously, what next, someone going to complain that NATO is hitting ODN itself?

If, that answers your question, a MK member hits IRON with some other AA, goes back to his original AA after being countered, and moans, when his nation is in shambles about being hit even though MK is not in direct conflict with IRON.

Edited by sap3179

If, that answers your question, a MK member hits IRON with some other AA, goes back to his original AA after being countered, and moans, when his nation is in shambles about being hit even though MK is not in direct conflict with IRON.

hahahahaha. Sounds about right.

Are nations on the "ODN Applicant" AA aware that there's a war going on and that they might get attacked because of their choice of AA?

Officially... yes... they are made aware of that situation.  Nonetheless, we do not assign them targets, and consider them non-combatents, and attacking applicants to generally be an honorless move of posturing.  [OOC]As with all alliances, the attrition rate of applicants is already extremely high, and we like to give people a chance to learn a few things about the game before running them away from it[/OOC].

Yes of course they are. I think every serious alliance does that.

Also this thread was make to forget a little from the war. I am aware that grudges will remain, but we can debate in a civillized maner. Thank those members who remained civillized.

Yes of course they are. I think every serious alliance does that.

Also this thread was make to forget a little from the war. I am aware that grudges will remain, but we can debate in a civillized maner. Thank those members who remained civillized.

Wait, you made this thread to forget the war some? Have a little civilized debate? Reread your OP mate. That sounds more like a ~CaLlOuT~ than anything that is sounds remotely like you want a nice little debate. Hell, just look at your title. If you wanted a debate, you should have done a bit more research first, then not called out a single alliance on something that is being done en masse by many other alliances. All I got from the OP is that you have a grudge against NATO and wanted to try and smear their name. Nothing more. So, my apologies for not joining in your "debate" but I saw no debate to be had.

imo attacking applicants is poor form unless they have previously been active. We shouldn't be driving players away from the game (which is what most people here seem to be advocating) by making their first experience a horrible one. Furthermore, it is has generally been accepted in the past that you could attack applicant AA's but I don't think I've ever seen a coordinated strike on them before. I think we as a community should change the practice. 

You're holding your own because most of your alliance is in peace mode, you would be bleeding NS far quicker if you came out and took your licks, war might even end before july if you did.

Thankfully, I know you don't speak for your government, but are 1V-GATO peace mode tactics really necessary?  You want to be known like that?  You going to threaten them with perma-ZI too?

Officially... yes... they are made aware of that situation.  Nonetheless, we do not assign them targets, and consider them non-combatents, and attacking applicants to generally be an honorless move of posturing.  [OOC]As with all alliances, the attrition rate of applicants is already extremely high, and we like to give people a chance to learn a few things about the game before running them away from it[/OOC].

When the AA a nation is wearing "doesn't matter" to your side of the war, you can expect that any nation on any AA can will be deemed hostile by your enemies at their convenience.  That you are calling for more civilized behavior is almost laughable.

When the AA a nation is wearing "doesn't matter" to your side of the war, you can expect that any nation on any AA can will be deemed hostile by your enemies at their convenience.  That you are calling for more civilized behavior is almost laughable.

It's interesting that you mention that.  While some parties on our "side" of the war may be swapping around AA's, ODN has not engaged in this behavior, and it's strictly against alliance policy to do so.  It's understandable that you would mistakenly group our actions with the action of others, but it doesn't change the reality, that so far as I'm aware, CnG as a bloc has not engaged in what seem to be primarily DH tactics. 

I don't believe that anybody made a generalized statement here like "The entire eQuilibrium coalition are a bunch of spineless &^*&#@ for this" because nobody on this side sees the tactics and strategies of one alliance to reflect all the AA's in an entire coalition.  That said, as much as NATO was essentially called out in this thread for their actions, not Equilibrium as a whole, I would also appreciate it if you would debate on the merits of ODN's actions and not on Competence as a whole.

Members of the Orange Defense Network have not engaged in AA shifting during this war. We never do save for the occasional peacetime joke. If you wish to exchange such broadbrush commentary, you may wish to consider that your side of the war includes such stalwarts as MCXA and Sparta among others.

I have been spamming ODN Applicant that they are in danger of war since the very beginning of the conflict.  They decided to stay.

Your public service announcements were well appreciated. Your caring truly warmed the hearts of our applicants and all of us over here in the ODN.

I have been spamming ODN Applicant that they are in danger of war since the very beginning of the conflict.  They decided to stay.

I do appreciate you doing my work for me schatt. It is ever so kind of you.

Hal, our proper applicants get all the support they would ever need. It is kind of NATO though to clear a few of the people that don't quite get the "move on" message, as our lower tier is otherwise engaged.

imo attacking applicants is poor form unless they have previously been active. We shouldn't be driving players away from the game (which is what most people here seem to be advocating) by making their first experience a horrible one. Furthermore, it is has generally been accepted in the past that you could attack applicant AA's but I don't think I've ever seen a coordinated strike on them before. I think we as a community should change the practice. 

Where was this sense of moral injustice over the last few years when you helped prop up a group who attack applicant AA's O.o

Applicant AA's are the scourge of Bob and need to be dealt with fast before they overpower everything.

So we are actually doing you a favour, remember the monstrosity that was the R&R applicant AA?

Never forget