An Announcement by the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

I don't think anyone ever argued it was impossible to turn the entire planet on a group of people and/or acting smug about it.

Let them laugh at their own (and their allies,) expense.

That is the reason why DH morale will stay high during this war, and your side will slowly crumble and give up. Not only are we laughing AT you, but we're also capable of laughing at ourselves. Something your side seems to lack the ability to do.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the reason why DH morale will stay high during this war, and your side will slowly crumble and give up. Not only are we laughing AT you, but we're also capable of laughing at ourselves. Something your side seems to lack the ability to do.

idk about other alliances, but I have a running competition for worst SDI odds I believe I'm winning among many people.

Also, as much as you want to deny it -- there are certainly their fair share of try-hards on "your side," I don't think you'll begrudge me if we all have a little fun at their expense.

As for morale -- I can only speak to a few alliances but I think a lot is underestimated in how much fun coalition alliances on this side have with war. As for expecting morale to break, I wouldn't hold your breath. (Granted you're a fishy out of water so technically you already are D: ; )  : )) 

Also, death to Gonos.

Edited by IYIyTh

After reading about 1/2 of this thread can someone in GATO please point out the treaty that brought FAN into all of this. Oh wait there isn't one because we don't have treaties we have friends. When the time came our friends said hey do you want to play with our ball also. We were like hell yea. So get over it the treaty web is just that crap. Throw it away and get friends.

After reading about 1/2 of this thread can someone in GATO please point out the treaty that brought FAN into all of this. Oh wait there isn't one because we don't have treaties we have friends. When the time came our friends said hey do you want to play with our ball also. We were like hell yea. So get over it the treaty web is just that crap. Throw it away and get friends.

You monsters!

:v:

idk about other alliances, but I have a running competition for worst SDI odds I believe I'm winning among many people.

Also, as much as you want to deny it -- there are certainly their fair share of try-hards on "your side," I don't think you'll begrudge me if we all have a little fun at their expense.

As for morale -- I can only speak to a few alliances but I think a lot is underestimated in how much fun coalition alliances on this side have with war. As for expecting morale to break, I wouldn't hold your breath. (Granted you're a fishy out of water so technically you already are D: ; )  : )) 

Also, death to Gonos.

Their morale will break when you learn your place and join GOONS.

That you may actually believe this is hilarious. This side is used to fighting month after month of losing war without being free to cycle in and out of PM for the most part to restock. Thinking you'll somehow break us in a winning war while most of our nations either don't have to fight or cycle freely is a pipe dream of the highest order.

As for the other things, GATO, you're our allies but it takes stones to try and claim we're now giving in and propping up the DH way of doing things while you cling to the high ground, when you've been a cornerstone in all DH built the past few years. You guys had plenty of time before and since Dave to distance yourself and still chose to stay allied to that structure.

I dont see any of us complaining. We like laughing at you, but thats not complaining. We like pointing out that it takes over 30 alliances (we have 436 active wars, more than any other alliance in the conflict and we like pointing that out to you). We love having an average fo 3 wars per nation. That it doesnt take an even fight, or an uneven fight; It takes a damned overwhelming majority to even try to rock us. We are proud of that sir. 

I am also proud that you arent a moralist and are more like us then you think. We have been trying to destroy the stupid webs and strings history has tied around the people in this game. But if NPO should take the upper hand, and that scheming #$^@head who runs the whole cesspool finally convinces everyone that now it will be fair with him in charge. Get ready to recieve what you paid for.

Im pretty sure you wont like it. We are honest about what we do. Thats not the case for the rest of CN.

But now that we are all in the mud together, I have to go fling some nukes. See ya.

Because GOONS never called in overwhelming NS to crush a smaller alliance.

God the hypocritical dribble out of a lot of people in this war is getting pretty damn high

Stop trying...you're not relevant anymore.

P.S. We have friends.

I think this is the most honest and open discussion I've ever seen on a DoW. Dre4m, your words haven't fallen on deaf ears among eQ alliances. And magicninja, your explanation and clarification of GATO's stance and policy behind this certainly helped me understand it better. I generally stay out of politics as much as I can, they can get messy and people tend to get butthurt. I am really glad to see everyone in this thread staying above the backbiting and vindictive whining. On both sides. Don't care that we're on opposite sides here... o/ GATO.

That you may actually believe this is hilarious. This side is used to fighting month after month of losing war without being free to cycle in and out of PM for the most part to restock. Thinking you'll somehow break us in a winning war while most of our nations either don't have to fight or cycle freely is a pipe dream of the highest order.

As for the other things, GATO, you're our allies but it takes stones to try and claim we're now giving in and propping up the DH way of doing things while you cling to the high ground, when you've been a cornerstone in all DH built the past few years. You guys had plenty of time before and since Dave to distance yourself and still chose to stay allied to that structure.

This isn't true at all and you know it.

All GATO is trying to do with this stupid policy is use their treaties with the alliances in the other side to try to limit those who can counter them, thus reducing the damage they are receiving in this penitential war before surrender, abandon DH and definitively change sides, joining NPO on a new age of prosperity. 

When an alliance has allies on two sides of war (GATO wouldn't officially admit, but with different treaties/blocs having different value/priorities), it would seem logical to try and conduct its war efforts in a way as to avoid causing conflict or imposing a burden upon each of its allies. GATO has clearly gone about doing that. It's common sense really. And an intelligent approach. There's probably benefits of limiting those who can counter too and reducing the damage received as well!

When GATO has friends on two sides of a fight, it's not going to completely cut out the friends on the other side. If you're not capable of dealing with complex problems, you can endorse the maverick-go-all-in-screw-your-other-friends crap, that's your prerogative, you've got the right to adopt a 'just do it and don't think' strategy.

Edited by Frederico Rodriguez

Every Alliance ultimately has the right to go to war with any other alliance it wants. Every alliance also has the right to try and impose whatever order it wants on the world. The operative word in that phrase though is "try". There is nothing intrinsically wrong with GATO saying established norms and protocols (as they see them) means no alliance on Bob has the right to declare war on them. Of course, there is also nothing intrinsically wrong with everyone involved to ignore this. I'm surprised this thread has gone on so long on what is essentially a very simple subject.

Every Alliance ultimately has the right to go to war with any other alliance it wants. Every alliance also has the right to try and impose whatever order it wants on the world. The operative word in that phrase though is "try". There is nothing intrinsically wrong with GATO saying established norms and protocols (as they see them) means no alliance on Bob has the right to declare war on them. Of course, there is also nothing intrinsically wrong with everyone involved to ignore this. I'm surprised this thread has gone on so long on what is essentially a very simple subject.

This.

People like to interpret posts in a way that allows them to draw faulty implications and conclusions. Hence the excessive posting. Nice sum up though Aeros :)

And this.

And :wub:

Well, this would have been an acceptable position to take back in GW2 when warfare was confined. However, this policy literally doesn't matter because you won't be asking these groups to surrender, and instead you'll be asking them to let you surrender. Declaring the people you'll be surrendering to as rogues does not help your PR, it only makes it tougher on yourself. Take it like a man.

Well, this would have been an acceptable position to take back in GW2 when warfare was confined. However, this policy literally doesn't matter because you won't be asking these groups to surrender, and instead you'll be asking them to let you surrender. Declaring the people you'll be surrendering to as rogues does not help your PR, it only makes it tougher on yourself. Take it like a man.

This man knows what he is talking about, you should listen to his wise words for he clearly knows all.