Never bring an Umbrella to a gun fight

TRON IX

[quote name='Mr Havok' timestamp='1358703990' post='3081040']
Bunch of words here but you don't refute the fact that you are indentured servants to umbrella and 100% rely on them

If you are so delusional as to think that without umbrella GOONs wouldn't exist then frankly you are a moron
[/quote]

I agree, if you think that without Umbrella GOONS would cease to exist, you are a moron. It was nice of you to burn yourself, saves me the trouble.

Edited by Sardonic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunch of words here but you don't refute the fact that you are indentured servants to umbrella and 100% rely on them

If you are so delusional as to think that without umbrella GOONs wouldn't exist then frankly you are a moron
[/quote]
Harsh words coming from a member of MCXA...

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358703863' post='3081037']
He didn't ask a damned thing but thanks for trying to shove all the inadequacies of your coalition on me.
[/quote]

You are the Helen of Troy they are so desperately trying to capture from the terrible Doomhouse obviously. This entire war? It is about you.

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1358703891' post='3081039']
LOL, you are a 9k nation, Umbrella has like 1 nation that can hit you if I am correct. I also think you need to [b]first[/b] declare a war before you can get countered,GOONS west should take notice of this one :facepalm:
[/quote]

Does Umbrella have no allies with nations at 9K or around about that number. Or did you not think that might be what he meant. Silly, silly.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358703863' post='3081037']

This is like saying WotC proved MK can't fight. Our opponents were tearing through nations who didn't have wonders, whereas they had full or near-full sets of wonders
[/quote]

Except Mk did a pretty good job in that war.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1358701692' post='3081021']
Please Doc, tell us how you really feel.

While I'm always flattered about people's attempt to turn threads that are not about GOONS into threads about GOONS, you and your fellow bad posters' analyses are flawed as ever. I don't claim to know everything about your little corner of paradise, and you certainly shouldn't claim to know how GOONS conducts our diplomacy, and how much we allegedly depend on Umbrella for everything. Thank you though, it's detractors like you that remind me why we do the things we do. Why GOONS is exceptional in garnering such ramblings from people. I can't even fathom how many mangled words have been written about GOONS over the ages.
[/quote]

I'm just gonna assume that everyone is jealous of us.

[quote name='MadScotII' timestamp='1358704282' post='3081044']
Does Umbrella have no allies with nations at 9K or around about that number. Or did you not think that might be what he meant. Silly, silly.
[/quote]

No good nation is under 15k.

[/quote]
Your alliance has been irrelevant ever since you stopped being a useful pile of stats so this is highly ironic.

Or actually the way you phrased the second bit maybe thanks????
[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1358704244' post='3081043']

You are the Helen of Troy they are so desperately trying to capture from the terrible Doomhouse obviously. This entire war? It is about you.
[/quote]
Yeahh, I'm a pretty valuable fella.

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1358703891' post='3081039']

LOL, you are a 9k nation, Umbrella has like 1 nation that can hit you if I am correct. I also think you need to [b]first[/b] declare a war before you can get countered,GOONS west should take notice of this one :facepalm:
[/quote]
I am sure he'll still be there waiting in a month.

[center]An Official Telegram from the Desk of the High Lord and President of Stewieland.

[img]http://www.chrismelvin.me.uk/nuclearfire.png[/img]
[i]Official Central Heating Flag of Stewieland[/i]

To the esteemed Nation Leaders and denizens of Planet Bob,

Talk is Cheap.

Put your handbags away and get on with the task of trying to make inroads on my fellow Non Grata nations in the casualty race, the only important race in this war ravaged land. My land currently is 52nd in the all time rankings. Surely someone can challenge me for that position?

Either that or come dance with me so I can head upwards, [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=152155]my body[/url] is ready.

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QyWUmeRSw0I/Tbb62A79KEI/AAAAAAAAAc4/Xv0_agym8Fw/s1600/stewie-griffin-is-gay.jpg[/img]

Regards

Stewie,

High Lord and President of Stewieland

[/center]

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1358695359' post='3080974']
Huh?

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_news.asp?Page=1&Order=DESC&Field=Attack_Date&Search=Ptolopskan&SearchBy=Nation_Name&View=S#nukes"]No.?[/url]

Heinleiner = AI
maverick = AI
Haleenstar Republic = AI
Buckwheats = AI
bogland = AI
Ortal Land = AI

EDIT: Sorry I did find it. Land of Lusitans is an Umbrella nation and did at last fire a nuke. On the 18th, quite a bit late. None of the other Umbrellans have fired, so it still looks like a case of 'woops, maybe I should try to look like I am fighting now' than anything else.
[/quote]

Actually I nuked puppets twice. I was kind of hoping AI would reach me for coordination nuking puppets since I had the most tech of people fighting him but no one came :(

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1358704467' post='3081046']

Except Mk did a pretty good job in that war.
[/quote]
And to claim that GOONS didn't fare decently given the circumstances handed to them would be ignorant.
[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1358704750' post='3081051']

I am sure he'll still be there waiting in a month.
[/quote]
The Chromosome Hive is going to split itself?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1358705092' post='3081057']

You mean the the circumstances of being less prepared and getting beat by a smaller alliance?
[/quote]
Just as is happening to you. The difference? We didn't handpick our opponent.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1358705092' post='3081057']
You mean the the circumstances of being less prepared and getting beat by a smaller alliance?
[/quote]
I believe his comparison makes more sense if you flip MK and NPO in his reference.

In WotC, MK deliberately targeted soft, doughy nations in NPO who had no SDIs or couldn't nuke back, thereby inflicting maximum damage while limiting damage to themselves.

In GOONS/Kaskus (or whatever you people call it), Kaskus deliberately targeted the typically small, undeveloped nations in GOONS who had no SDIs or couldn't nuke back, thereby inflicting maximum damage while taking limited damage themselves because they'd already been blown down.

WotC was not evidence that NPO was bad at war, but rather evidence of intelligent warmaking on the part of the much smaller Kingdom, evidence that led to years of near-universal recognition of MK's skill at war. Kaskus employed similar tactics, executed by stretching wars beyond their logical conclusion, against GOONS and NSO. That does not make either GOONS or the Sith somehow bad at war, but is rather Kaskus doing the only thing it can to ensure that it puts out damage comparable to (or greater than) what it takes.

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1358668117' post='3080848']
I'm beginning to believe that the only alliances who understand each other in this whole matter are NPO, AI and Umbrella.

The rest of you seem to think the other party (regardless of who that might be) don't want war, can't comprehend the tactics being used by the coalition, or are just too busy caught up in themselves and act like they don't understand them anyways.

Also, I have three offensive wars, someone give me 3 defensive, please.
[/quote]

In the 1st 2 statements, you pretend like you understand what is going on strategically... then in the 3rd you seem to take a jab at the lack of counters.... So do you REALLY understand?

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1358704887' post='3081053'][center]in the casualty race, the only important race in this war ravaged land. My land currently is 52nd in the all time rankings. Surely someone can challenge me for that position?[/center]
[/quote]

Lol ;)

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1358695359' post='3080974']
Huh?

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_news.asp?Page=1&Order=DESC&Field=Attack_Date&Search=Ptolopskan&SearchBy=Nation_Name&View=S#nukes"]No.?[/url]

Heinleiner = AI
maverick = AI
Haleenstar Republic = AI
Buckwheats = AI
bogland = AI
Ortal Land = AI

EDIT: Sorry I did find it. Land of Lusitans is an Umbrella nation and did at last fire a nuke. On the 18th, quite a bit late. None of the other Umbrellans have fired, so it still looks like a case of 'woops, maybe I should try to look like I am fighting now' than anything else.
[/quote]

I know you've already been corrected, but I just want to further cement your stupidity by correcting you again- Umbrella nuked me before AI this round, with the most tech-heavy nation I was fighting. Tell me again how that was to minimize damage to my nation. Oh, and all of the AI nukes sent to me this round were simply sent before Lusitan logged on to attack me. But yeah, carry on.

[quote name='Icewolf' timestamp='1358695611' post='3080980']
Ok I missed the whole two nukes.

And this was never about minimizing damage to puppets. This was about allowing him into peace mode and then co-ordinating the blown stagger to maximise his long term fighting capacity.
[/quote]

Holy christ you lot are dense. How many times can it possibly be said that[b] I'm not redeclaring after this round, or entering peace mode?[/b]

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1358687342' post='3080938']

Well established custom dating back well before the founding of my own nation. If you are really pretending you didnt know this all I can respond with is laughter. We all know better than that, and it's hilarious watching y'all try to obfuscate such a simple and universally understood fact now that your bluff got called.
[/quote]

While this is a great line to parrot, it is simply not true. The ownership of defensive slots on rogues is ALWAYS directly connected to which party has the political upper hand (read my prior post on rogues for a shining example, and there are many others).....