Never bring an Umbrella to a gun fight

TRON IX

[quote name='TRON IX' timestamp='1358553612' post='3078819']
Ai was founded on the principles of honor, integrity and respect. In this vein, we don't go around messing with other alliances, and we expect that in return.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if I'll ever stop chuckling at this.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is people still trying to argue about the most solid CB we had since Tyga gone rogue and started GW1?

From Kronos DoW thread:

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1358422883' post='3077980']
Mo9P,

Were you surprised to come out of peace mode and find that you former alliance was able to fill 2 of your d slots before you yourself were even able to declare a war?

[/quote]

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1358444961' post='3078043']
Not at all, [color=#FF0000][b]it was 100% planned[/b][/color]. Blood in, blood out. Bibo has been signed for [i]years[/i].
[/quote]

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1358587129' post='3079790']
At first I was lost. I was falling blindly through a mist, unable to see the light of day. A darkness fell over me, the rain thundered down on me, soaking my clothing and turning the field to mud. I tried to run for the nearest shelter, yet it was but an illusion. A mirage. The mud stuck to my feet, pulled my shoes off. I was running barefoot, trying to escape the torrential rains falling around me.

I was cold. I was lost. Suddenly I was in the woods, running and running. My heart was pounding in my chest, my lungs screaming as the freezing January air pierced my throat and threatened to choke me like an invisible hand. My foot smashed fast into a rock, ripping my heel open and causing blood to pour out like the tears of so many OWF posters. I fought through the pain and kept running. I heard something fall behind me, turned around as I kept running, saw a recently-fallen tree where I'd just been. I whirled back around and the lights went out- I'd run face-first into a low-hanging branch.

I felt as if I were floating, detached from my body. Then I felt the throbbing, oh the throbbing and the pain. The rain kept pelting me, my head was torn open and bleeding. I saw a white light up above and heard a beautiful voice, no, several voices. Angels. They were singing to me. "Go toward the light, Chax. Go, go! It is your destiny!"

My body lifted up toward the light, and the soft voice of AllahArchon broke through the angels, telling me that now was not my time to leave Planet Bob. I must fight on, he said. I was created in his image, I was his child and he had faith in me. His only son, Infinite Citadel, had died for my sins, my mistakes on this planet and I must remember that sacrifice and continue on, serving Him in his holy Kingdom for the remainder of my life.

When I awoke from this dream, I knew what I must do. I shook myself off, shakily got to my feet, and ran back the way I'd come. The rain was no longer a detriment; it was cleansing, a shower cleaning off the blood, the mud. It was cleansing the pains and mistakes of the past from me, preparing me for entry into His holy Kingdom.

I burst from the forest into a field of sunshine, a rainbow in the distance where Sardonic frolicked happily. The future looked bright. I had come home, I had finally gone home to my long-lost place of happiness. I'd denied my love for so long, for I was ignorant. I turned, saw another figure wandering the forest and ran toward them. Alas, I was running into the rain. I needed my umbrella if I were to stay safe outside the Kingdom.

And that, my friends, is when I realized my grave mistake: I'd left my umbrella behind. I looked into the darkness and saw it. The mean kids from down the street were standing around it, sneering at me, daring me to do something as they smashed it under their feet. My umbrella was sturdy, my umbrella was strong, but the treatment was Unjust.

Don't worry my trusty companion. I'm coming for you. I'll save you yet.
[/quote]
This should be the standard for OWF posts.

On topic, glad you guys figured up a way to stir things up, seems like the rest of us were pretty stumped and didn't quite know how to get things kicked off. Looking forward to some quality posts on these boards from DH too, there's been a gaping hole without those guys around.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1358589202' post='3079799']
Why is people still trying to argue about the most solid CB we had since Tyga gone rogue and started GW1?

From Kronos DoW thread:
[/quote]

Its not the only admission that this was a preplanned attack organised by Umbrella

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1358553180' post='3078813']
Not the world where he was smuggled back into peace mode to stock up on nukes [u]twice[/u].
[/quote]

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1358561170' post='3079334']
By my count, just once.

[/quote]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1358589202' post='3079799']

From Kronos DoW thread:
[/quote]
puppets is a rogue and doesn't speak for Umbrella as a whole, part of the reason we attacked him. And when one of our rogue's starts posting in our fairly active IRC channel, no doubt he will get hit quickly.

Yes, he was already pre-approved to be hit because he is an Umbrella rogue, he signed BIBO, he is quitting after his current round of wars, AI wouldn't have been able to prevent his stagger being broken, we're doing more damage to him than he would otherwise receive, and we could gain back some of the land and tech invested in his nation which was property of Umbrella after he signed BIBO.

I'm perfectly fine with AI and Co. using this as their CB because they've been looking for the most valid excuse they could get their hands on for a while now, even if it was just as much our right to hit him as theirs. Better sooner than later since we all knew this was coming.

Good luck, guys. You're going to need it.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1358581761' post='3079762']
I'm a bit late to another party, but I have to say: I TOLD YOU SO! The storm was coming...
[/quote]

Thank you Captain Obvious. Also, we may all be disappointed Umb says they'd rather not give everyone the satisfaction of this war or something like that.....I heard it through the grapevine. Fine with me I guess.

[02:40] <shirunei> :D
[02:40] <shirunei> god damn i love when idiots like you fall into my trap
[02:40] <shirunei> i relly do get a boner
[02:40] <shirunei> you have no idea
[02:44] <Robster[UPN]> Right.
[02:44] <shirunei> lol
[02:44] <shirunei> i wish you really did
[02:44] <shirunei> it would be so much more awesome
[02:44] <shirunei> but no
[02:44] <shirunei> sadly
[02:44] <shirunei> i havent given a !@#$ about CN since 2009
[02:45] <shirunei> i really havent
[02:45] <shirunei> but you lie about my friend
[02:45] <shirunei> LOL
[02:45] <shirunei> CYA
[02:45] <shirunei> dip!@#$
[02:45] <Robster[UPN]> Bye.

Set Up. If you want me to post the fake pics some random !@#$%^ in UPN posted then sure i will prove his fake ass wrong, Seriously this is retarded

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1358592616' post='3079823']
puppets is a rogue and doesn't speak for Umbrella as a whole, part of the reason we attacked him. And when one of our rogue's starts posting in our fairly active IRC channel, no doubt he will get hit quickly.

Yes, he was already pre-approved to be hit because he is an Umbrella rogue, he signed BIBO, he is quitting after his current round of wars, AI wouldn't have been able to prevent his stagger being broken, we're doing more damage to him than he would otherwise receive, and we could gain back some of the land and tech invested in his nation which was property of Umbrella after he signed BIBO.

I'm perfectly fine with AI and Co. using this as their CB because they've been looking for the most valid excuse they could get their hands on for a while now, even if it was just as much our right to hit him as theirs. Better sooner than later since we all knew this was coming.

Good luck, guys. You're going to need it.
[/quote]

He has admitted that that having his slots filled in a way that enabled him to slip back into peace mode so he could rebuy up to 25 nukes was planned with Umbrella in advance. This was not BIBO it was an attack on Ai orchestrated by Umbrella with the goal of stopping a stagger on his nation at all costs to maximise the damage he could inflict on Ai.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1358593155' post='3079828']

He has admitted that that having his slots filled in a way that enabled him to slip back into peace mode so he could rebuy up to 25 nukes was planned with Umbrella in advance. This was not BIBO it was an attack on Ai orchestrated by Umbrella with the goal of stopping a stagger on his nation at all costs to maximise the damage he could inflict on Ai.
[/quote]

Where? I saw planned but he could have planned it in his own head and went to their IRC chan to provoke an attack knowing he could use BIBO to entice them into it. Hey free tech and land no? Then once hit he went and hit AI knowing full well they wouldnt stagger since its a week of tech raids...no need for Umb to stagger. Also I heard someone that one of the attackers hit in defcon 5 without military....BIBO says they victim cant attack back so I assume he thought he was safe since that was in there so he jumped and claimed a slot while he could and came back later for the spoils...hey free tech and land eh? So there are holes to be had in the CB.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358594294' post='3079832']
Where? I saw planned but he could have planned it in his own head and went to their IRC chan to provoke an attack knowing he could use BIBO to entice them into it. Hey free tech and land no? Then once hit he went and hit AI knowing full well they wouldnt stagger since its a week of tech raids...no need for Umb to stagger. Also I heard someone that one of the attackers hit in defcon 5 without military....BIBO says they victim cant attack back so I assume he thought he was safe since that was in there so he jumped and claimed a slot while he could and came back later for the spoils...hey free tech and land eh? So there are holes to be had in the CB.
[/quote]

He admits it was 100% planned to fill his defensive slots within seconds to minutes of coming out of peace

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=114834&st=660#entry3079799

He admits to being smuggled back into peace mode to rebuy nukes at least once. In reality it happeded twice

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=114834&st=680#entry3079822

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358575008' post='3079646']
I love you guys. You know this but I have to disagree. You claim it was purposeful but all you have is speculation based on the timing. I'll admit you're probably right about the individuals working in collusion with Puppets but there is no real proof of it. Then, I've seen where Umb high gov had no clue this was going on. Usually the old addage was the membership pays for gov actions....this time the gov wasn't in on it IF there was anything to be in on.....so dunno. I think diplomacy could have worked something out. I just think you guys wanted this and I'm cool with it. Rather get this whole thing done now and move on but don't say it's a good CB when its really not Brehon. It could be if you have solid proof of collusion. All you have is wars declared within minutes of eachother which could actually be coincidence or puppets hitting AI on his own knowing his slots were getting taken by Umb but the Umb guys not knowing. Not so solid as you claim but reason nonetheless so I ain't mad. Let's just be honest and keep it in context here. If you have info that dispels my concerns here...by all means I'm open. Until then I see it as quite a bit opportunist and without a great deal of merit...a tiny shred but not much. I don;t even care about Umb and I like you guys and AI a great deal. I just call them like I see 'em.
[/quote]

Within minutes of each other? Try seconds

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1358594978' post='3079834']

He admits it was 100% planned to fill his defensive slots within seconds to minutes of coming out of peace

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=114834&st=660#entry3079799

He admits to being smuggled back into peace mode to rebuy nukes at least once. In reality it happeded twice

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=114834&st=680#entry3079822
[/quote]

Looks to me like he's messing with you. It would be nice if he posted the whole story without being at all cryptic. Did he mean the Umb guys knew what he was doing or did he plan to use them to further his own roguing? Did he mean this time as the time he mentioned by his count? None of it really matters anyway. No going back now. So its all moot in the end.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358597398' post='3079844']
Looks to me like he's messing with you. It would be nice if he posted the whole story without being at all cryptic. Did he mean the Umb guys knew what he was doing or did he plan to use them to further his own roguing? Did he mean this time as the time he mentioned by his count? None of it really matters anyway. No going back now. So its all moot in the end.
[/quote]

I knew at some point MK were going to play the victim but umbrella? Almost to a man they have said this war was what they wanted and were trying to achieve. The only people who are pretending they cant see what DH have achieved after months of trying are fringe people connected to DH like yourself

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1358597829' post='3079846']

I knew at some point MK were going to play the victim but umbrella? Almost to a man they have said this war was what they wanted and were trying to achieve. The only people who are pretending they cant see what DH have achieved after months of trying are fringe people connected to DH like yourself
[/quote]

I don't give one !@#$ about DH. My CnG pals can tell how much I like this whole situation. I've said it a few times that I'm inclined to agree that it was done purposefully with the individuals in Umb knowing full well what they were doing. The CB, as it is, is certainly actionable enough...certainly when laid side by side with more than a few in our shared history. There is just no real smoking gun and as far as I can tell its all decent circumstantial things plus some past things by Umb that have seeded contempt. I'm fine with that. It's just not the CB of the century some try to make it out to be....as far as I've seen..perhaps there is more to the story. Actionable and valid? Sure I doubt I'd feel much different in AI's shoes but it isn't the best ever used. That's all I'm getting at.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1358578163' post='3079701']
The arrogance from the side who has the disadvantage after having a pair of its top 3-5 alliances already in is !@#$@#$ priceless. Well done on kicking your own asses and being proud doing it.

DH lives to fight. You've brought a fight to us. We are far better at warring than you !@#$% who have sat half the wars since karma out or those who put their upper tiers into peace mode. We are some of the most efficient and most relentless alliances in this realm. We aren't going to fall to a bunch of clowns just yet.
[/quote]

When was the last time umbrella had a decent fight? I know you can send aid like a boss but sorry to say but that isn't going to be much good this time around. Face it, your time is up, the show is ended so at least have the dignity to take it with an element of decency.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358600007' post='3079855']
I don't give one !@#$ about DH. My CnG pals can tell how much I like this whole situation. I've said it a few times that I'm inclined to agree that it was done purposefully with the individuals in Umb knowing full well what they were doing. The CB, as it is, is certainly actionable enough...certainly when laid side by side with more than a few in our shared history. There is just no real smoking gun and as far as I can tell its all decent circumstantial things plus some past things by Umb that have seeded contempt. I'm fine with that. It's just not the CB of the century some try to make it out to be....as far as I've seen..perhaps there is more to the story. Actionable and valid? Sure I doubt I'd feel much different in AI's shoes but it isn't the best ever used. That's all I'm getting at.
[/quote]

I'm sure this criticism should be taken into a private channel seeing as you being a gov member represent GATO ;)

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358600007' post='3079855']
The CB, as it is, is certainly actionable enough...certainly when laid side by side with more than a few in our shared history. There is just no real smoking gun and as far as I can tell its all decent circumstantial things plus some past things by Umb that have seeded contempt.
[/quote]

No, you really dont need to look that far back. Just the last 2 weeks of actions will do. All the support given to puppets, combined with rude dismissal of polite requests to reign their members in, is more than enough. We dont have to guess whether or not the gov actually ordered the thing to begin with - you are right there, the evidence is strong but circumstantial. But that doesnt matter. Grant for the sake of argument they did not. Doesnt matter. The way they (didnt) deal with it, the response of do something about it - that is more than enough without any extra evidence.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1358600389' post='3079857']

I'm sure this criticism should be taken into a private channel seeing as you being a gov member represent GATO ;)
[/quote]

The issue isn't with what my allies in NPO and TIO have done. I'm fine with it. They did what they felt they needed to. I wish them the best. The criticism is for those few individuals claiming this to be the best CB they have ever seen in all the history of Bob. It really isn't. It's good enough so I'm good with the war. I've fought for CBs shakier than this but there have been better CBs with more concrete proof. So all I want is for things to be called as they are and not overblown...in either direction. AI and pals I think do realize its a good enough CB but need to realize it isn't perfect and Umb and pals need to realize that while its not perfect alot of the evidence shows something fishy was happening.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358601147' post='3079862']
The issue isn't with what my allies in NPO and TIO have done. I'm fine with it. They did what they felt they needed to. I wish them the best. The criticism is for those few individuals [b]claiming this to be the best CB they have ever seen in all the history of Bob. [/b]It really isn't. It's good enough so I'm good with the war. I've fought for CBs shakier than this but there have been better CBs with more concrete proof. So all I want is for things to be called as they are and not overblown...in either direction. AI and pals I think do realize its a good enough CB but need to realize it isn't perfect and Umb and pals need to realize that while its not perfect alot of the evidence shows something fishy was happening.
[/quote]

Who's saying it's the best CB in the history of bob?

You reap what you sow.

Edited by Hiro Nakara