Accountability

Unknown Smurf

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1349736244' post='3038743']
I'm glad you have access to my posts on the MK private boards and in our private chan. Maybe you can look them up again and remind me of what I said?
[/quote]
you're voting with your feet, if you genuinely had an issue with your alliance culture, you wouldn't be a member.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1349736371' post='3038744']
you're voting with your feet, if you genuinely had an issue with your alliance culture, you wouldn't be a member.
[/quote]

Is everything 100% one way or another in your world or are you being dumb on purpose?

I'm glad you have access to my posts on the MK private boards and in our private chan. Maybe you can look them up again and remind me of what I said?
[/quote]
Neither I or anyone else have any idea what you have said on your boards, further I will take you at your word in regards to your actions/feelings about this event. The problem lays in the simple fact that the attack was very public and the supposed reprisal was very private.
I fail to see how you can fault the masses of this world for judging on what has been presented for us to see.

Our view is simple, disgusting act followed by silence.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1349739665' post='3038773']
Neither I or anyone else have any idea what you have said on your boards, further I will take you at your word in regards to your actions/feelings about this event. The problem lays in the simple fact that the attack was very public and the supposed reprisal was very private.
I fail to see how you can fault the masses of this world for judging on what has been presented for us to see.

Our view is simple, disgusting act followed by silence.
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I don't fault them for judging on what was presented to them. I fault them for not really digging any further and believing half truthes. And then spreading them. I'm not proud of what was done and I said so repeatedly (and quite a few people have seen it. In fact, I'm explaining myself right now to someone) but I won't ditch my friends for the mistakes of a few black sheep. On top of that, some finer details have emerged that paints the whole mess in different shades of grey. This is what I'm getting at. Nothing more, nothing else.[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by potato

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1349666354' post='3038483']
In all seriousness, every time anyone stands up and tries to portray what when down with Hoo/Kait as anything other than a monumental travesty, they insult every single person on Bob and spit in the face of the very concept of accountability.
[/quote]

Eloquently said

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1349669810' post='3038505']
I've never personally heard your point of view.
[/quote]

Don't worry I have and it's nothing special.

[/quote]

I wouldn't be asking people to drop screenshots of your private boards on the OWF. The last person that done that got his !@#$ handed to him.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1349740117' post='3038778']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I don't fault them for judging on what was presented to them. I fault them for not really digging any further and believing half truthes. And then spreading them. I'm not proud of what was done and I said so repeatedly (and quite a few people have seen it. In fact, I'm explaining myself right now to someone) but I won't ditch my friends for the mistakes of a few black sheep. On top of that, some finer details have emerged that paints the whole mess in different shades of grey. This is what I'm getting at. Nothing more, nothing else.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

You see, that is the rub, the event was very public and perceived as being an MK thing, the burden isn't on the public to search for information to improve the MK image about this affair that burden belongs to MK.

(for those who wish to make the argument that some members of an alliance to represent the whole there are plenty of examples on these boards that say otherwise.)

On another note in regards to your post, even if one went to your boards asking questions, you know full well how harsh your boards can be.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1349740801' post='3038783']
I wouldn't be asking people to drop screenshots of your private boards on the OWF. The last person that done that got his !@#$ handed to him.
[/quote]

I too can use out of context or old posts to incriminate a person.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1349744099' post='3038806']
You see, that is the rub, the event was very public and perceived as being an MK thing, the burden isn't on the public to search for information to improve the MK image about this affair that burden belongs to MK.

(for those who wish to make the argument that some members of an alliance to represent the whole there are plenty of examples on these boards that say otherwise.)

On another note in regards to your post, even if one went to your boards asking questions, you know full well how harsh your boards can be.
[/quote]

I believe we explained things from our perspective already. And I think Ardus offered to do it once more, just not here. I, myself, did twice it today on IRC. That people chose to ignore that isn't really my problem. But don't expect me to sit idle when people spread half truthes and completely fabricated lies when it comes to my friends, whether they are in my alliance or not.

We are a tough bunch but our boards aren't the one and only solution, you know.

Edited by potato

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1349745264' post='3038815']

I believe we explained things from our perspective already. And I think Ardus offered to do it once more, just not here. I, myself, did twice it today on IRC. That people chose to ignore that isn't really my problem. But don't expect me to sit idle when people spread half truthes and completely fabricated lies when it comes to my friends, whether they are in my alliance or not.

[/quote]

I am spreading the only truth I have seen here on these boards, it was ok for your members to spread their excrement here but not ok for your members to clean it up here. I am sure, down the road, this will be dicussed at a private table and it will probably be more painful.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1349745486' post='3038817']
I am spreading the only truth I have seen here on these boards, it was ok for your members to spread their excrement here but not ok for your members to clean it up here. I am sure, down the road, this will be dicussed at a private table and it will probably be more painful.
[/quote]

Maybe so. People will see what they want to see, no matter what is spread in front of them. I'll just remind you that, according to the powers that be, it wasn't OK for MK to talk about such things. So we didn't then and don't now, unless someone else starts it. And that right now is probably the longest conversation involving people who were involved in this whole thing for the past 6-7 months.

Edited by potato

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1349745856' post='3038823']
Maybe so. People will see what they want to see, no matter what is spread in front of them. I'll just remind you that, according to the powers that be, it wasn't OK for MK to talk about such things. So we didn't then and don't now, unless someone else starts it. And that right now is probably the longest conversation involving people who were involved in this whole thing for the past 6-7 months.
[/quote]

Fair enough. I take my leave.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1349745264' post='3038815']

[/quote]

The issue isn't how you and Ardus handle things, I have no doubt that you have scolded some members in your alliance for actions, but that doesn't stop them from happening.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the issue doesn't lay in the factuality (is that a word?) of what you and Ardus say, rather in the fact that out of 25+ members of MK that frequent these boards, only two of you can come out and sincerely defend what you have done.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1349746502' post='3038830']
The issue isn't how you and Ardus handle things, I have no doubt that you have scolded some members in your alliance for actions, but that doesn't stop them from happening.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the issue doesn't lay in the factuality (is that a word?) of what you and Ardus say, rather in the fact that out of 25+ members of MK that frequent these boards, only two of you can come out and sincerely defend what you have done.
[/quote]

This, a thousand times this. Especially when certain other people choose to try and make light of said incident.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1349729282' post='3038692']
And were any of them of the Kingdom? Were any of them those who endeavored to grasp a titanic disaster whole and wrestle it down? Did any of them make an effort to settle what could not be made right? Did a single one have to swim among the clashing tides of fury and righteous indignation pouring forth from countless alliances to bring it to an end? Did any of them risk anything of their own?

I doubt it. You'll find no objection that the incident was an unmitigated travesty, horrible in every aspect from every angle, but I'll be damned if you're going to look down on people who made the choice to stay loyal and try to stabilize it instead of running away to let it surge out of control. In a river of !@#$ I found diamonds and it'll be cold and frosty before I toss out so much good for one really big bad that swept up all of CN in competing, irreconcilable condemnations.

If you want our piece of the puzzle I'll always be open and willing to talk about it elsewhere, but otherwise I'm through with the matter here. If you want to sit on a high horse with a half-baked, inherited opinion from third-parties who had no hand in resolving the matter, that's your choice.
[/quote]

I mean I'm not Starfox, but I got my explanation of events from Leet Guy, and yeah, that's what twisted my view of it into you guys being gigantic scum bags.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1349740801' post='3038783']
[/quote]

If someone would send me the screenies I would drop them. Afterall, according to MK during their negotiations with Liz during the dave war, asking for, reading and possessing screenies of an alliance's private boards is no longer to be regarded as spying.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1349729282' post='3038692']
And were any of them of the Kingdom? Were any of them those who endeavored to grasp a titanic disaster whole and wrestle it down? Did any of them make an effort to settle what could not be made right? Did a single one have to swim among the clashing tides of fury and righteous indignation pouring forth from countless alliances to bring it to an end? Did any of them risk anything of their own?

I doubt it. You'll find no objection that the incident was an unmitigated travesty, horrible in every aspect from every angle, but I'll be damned if you're going to look down on people who made the choice to stay loyal and try to stabilize it instead of running away to let it surge out of control. In a river of !@#$ I found diamonds and it'll be cold and frosty before I toss out so much good for one really big bad that swept up all of CN in competing, irreconcilable condemnations.

If you want our piece of the puzzle I'll always be open and willing to talk about it elsewhere, but otherwise I'm through with the matter here. If you want to sit on a high horse with a half-baked, inherited opinion from third-parties who had no hand in resolving the matter, that's your choice.
[/quote]

Yes, Leet wasn't a member of MK at the time, I forgot. And before anyone even tries claiming private logs or some other gibberish these were from a public channel.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:52] <@Teh1337Guy> So biodad is the the biological father of christine, which hoo has been a stepdad for since he linked up with KK[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:53] <@Teh1337Guy> When hoo kk posted that please, we immediately started looking into beyond the news story they posted to CN[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:53] <@Teh1337Guy> NEws conferences, other articles, etc[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:53] <@Teh1337Guy> Eventually someone came across a reference to biodad, and in typical MK fashion, a member of ours tracked him down on facebook and friended him[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:54] <@Teh1337Guy> Turns out, Biodad is an elite us navy seal on task force 6-26, similar to the type of task force that was used to take down Osama except they are based in Iraq[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:54] <@Teh1337Guy> This would also probably explain why chrisitine is in hoo kk's custody, since i cant imagine the guy being home that much[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:55] <@Teh1337Guy> in the [/font][/color][url="http://mushroom-king...p/?topic=40978.0"]http://mushroom-king...p?topic=40978.0[/url][color=#282828][font=helvetica] biodad topic we obviously had our fun, since there are some funny parallels to the movie taken[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:56] <@Teh1337Guy> eventually about a half dozen of our members became fb friends with him[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:56] <@Teh1337Guy> it got interesting about a week ago, maybe sooner, when they started relaying back his fb status's[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:57] <@Teh1337Guy> which included things like "hoo kk aren't cooperating with investigators" "they aren't posting flyers" "they arent responded to calls for more information from the center that tracks missing children"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:57] <@Teh1337Guy> they even apparently turned down an offer to go on Dr.Phil to get this aware on the national level[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:58] <@Teh1337Guy> at this point we were like "$%&@ they sound liek awful parents"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:58] <@Teh1337Guy> but still kept to ourselves[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:58] <@Teh1337Guy> then yesterday, she was found, thanks to the effort of biodad and flyers he put up everywhere - a sheriff saw her and recognized her from one[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:59] <@Teh1337Guy> oh !@#$ i forgot to mentions hoo and kk literally dont let her use the internet or have a cell phone at 17 !@#$@#$ years old[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:59] <@Teh1337Guy> even though they are helplessly !@#$@#$ obsessed here[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:59] <@Teh1337Guy> and it seems literally only asked cn for help[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[11:59] <&Gibsonator21> i didnt have a phone until i was going away to college [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:59] <@Teh1337Guy> when did you go to college?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[11:59] <&Gibsonator21> but yeah.. internet.. thats weird[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[11:59] <&Gibsonator21> fall '10.. was 18[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:00] <@Teh1337Guy> anyways, the final status also said this[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:00] <@Teh1337Guy> "she might have been kicked out from her home, im working with the PD to see if there's a way to have her released to my custody and not that toxic environment"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:00] <@Teh1337Guy> so they literally kicked her out and then reported her missing[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[12:01] <&Gibsonator21> jeez[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:01] <@Teh1337Guy> they are !@#$@#$ awful parents and people[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:01] <@Teh1337Guy> and i !@#$@#$ hope biodad gets to save her from that environment[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[12:02] <&Gibsonator21> as $%&@ed up as their RL may be, the trolling of them is pretty !@#$%*, still[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:03] <@TheListener> they kinda brought it upon themselves[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:03] <@TheListener> they paraded the !@#$ around the internet[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:03] <@TheListener> then !@#$ blew up in their face[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:03] <@Teh1337Guy> no[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:03] <@Teh1337Guy> no it is !@#$@#$ not[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[12:03] <&Gibsonator21> people shouldnt be friend requesting Kait's baby daddy[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:04] <@Teh1337Guy> they paraded a faked missing girl on the internet and did nothing to save her[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:04] <@Teh1337Guy> you are a !@#$@#$ idiot if you support any of the actions they have done as parents[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:04] <@Teh1337Guy> and they deserve to be $%&@ed with for what they did to the people whio ACTUALLY !@#$@#$ know them irl[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[12:05] <&Gibsonator21> if thats all true, i obviously dont support it, but trolling them on a game forum is lame[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:05] <@Teh1337Guy> we've actually had members exchange pm's with biodad on fb[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[12:05] <&Gibsonator21> i figured that[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:05] <@Teh1337Guy> he is happy we support him[/font][/color]
[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:05] <@Teh1337Guy> trolling them on the forum is the least we can do to show how !@#$@#$ despicable they are as human beings[/font][/color][/b]

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1349740117' post='3038778']
[/quote]
You fault us for not going to your forums and asking for your side of the story? What good would that do? I'll go to your forums, register, and you'll probably mess with my account and give me no real answers. At this point, you have to understand how you guys operate. You can cry and pretend none of this ever happened and you're framed, but this is [b]all[/b] in line with MK's true character. I honestly wasn't surprised to hear about it. Why don't you just explain it here, once and for all? Kill the issue. Don't make us dance in circles, follow you around, or go to your little troll board. If you truly had an excuse you would parade it to clear your name, as anyone would. Ben Stiller would be proud of this dodge.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1349832641' post='3039250']
Yes, Leet wasn't a member of MK at the time, I forgot. And before anyone even tries claiming private logs or some other gibberish these were from a public channel.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:52] <@Teh1337Guy> So biodad is the the biological father of christine, which hoo has been a stepdad for since he linked up with KK[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:53] <@Teh1337Guy> When hoo kk posted that please, we immediately started looking into beyond the news story they posted to CN[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:53] <@Teh1337Guy> NEws conferences, other articles, etc[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:53] <@Teh1337Guy> Eventually someone came across a reference to biodad, and in typical MK fashion, a member of ours tracked him down on facebook and friended him[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:54] <@Teh1337Guy> Turns out, Biodad is an elite us navy seal on task force 6-26, similar to the type of task force that was used to take down Osama except they are based in Iraq[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:54] <@Teh1337Guy> This would also probably explain why chrisitine is in hoo kk's custody, since i cant imagine the guy being home that much[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:55] <@Teh1337Guy> in the [/font][/color][url="http://mushroom-king...p/?topic=40978.0"]http://mushroom-king...p?topic=40978.0[/url][color=#282828][font=helvetica] biodad topic we obviously had our fun, since there are some funny parallels to the movie taken[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:56] <@Teh1337Guy> eventually about a half dozen of our members became fb friends with him[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:56] <@Teh1337Guy> it got interesting about a week ago, maybe sooner, when they started relaying back his fb status's[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:57] <@Teh1337Guy> which included things like "hoo kk aren't cooperating with investigators" "they aren't posting flyers" "they arent responded to calls for more information from the center that tracks missing children"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:57] <@Teh1337Guy> they even apparently turned down an offer to go on Dr.Phil to get this aware on the national level[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:58] <@Teh1337Guy> at this point we were like "$%&@ they sound liek awful parents"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:58] <@Teh1337Guy> but still kept to ourselves[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:58] <@Teh1337Guy> then yesterday, she was found, thanks to the effort of biodad and flyers he put up everywhere - a sheriff saw her and recognized her from one[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:59] <@Teh1337Guy> oh !@#$ i forgot to mentions hoo and kk literally dont let her use the internet or have a cell phone at 17 !@#$@#$ years old[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:59] <@Teh1337Guy> even though they are helplessly !@#$@#$ obsessed here[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:59] <@Teh1337Guy> and it seems literally only asked cn for help[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[11:59] <&Gibsonator21> i didnt have a phone until i was going away to college [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][11:59] <@Teh1337Guy> when did you go to college?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[11:59] <&Gibsonator21> but yeah.. internet.. thats weird[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[11:59] <&Gibsonator21> fall '10.. was 18[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:00] <@Teh1337Guy> anyways, the final status also said this[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:00] <@Teh1337Guy> "she might have been kicked out from her home, im working with the PD to see if there's a way to have her released to my custody and not that toxic environment"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:00] <@Teh1337Guy> so they literally kicked her out and then reported her missing[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:01] <@Teh1337Guy> they are !@#$@#$ awful parents and people[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:01] <@Teh1337Guy> and i !@#$@#$ hope biodad gets to save her from that environment[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[12:02] <&Gibsonator21> as $%&@ed up as their RL may be, the trolling of them is pretty !@#$%*, still[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:03] <@TheListener> they kinda brought it upon themselves[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:03] <@TheListener> they paraded the !@#$ around the internet[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:03] <@TheListener> then !@#$ blew up in their face[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:03] <@Teh1337Guy> no it is !@#$@#$ not[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[12:03] <&Gibsonator21> people shouldnt be friend requesting Kait's baby daddy[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:04] <@Teh1337Guy> they paraded a faked missing girl on the internet and did nothing to save her[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:04] <@Teh1337Guy> you are a !@#$@#$ idiot if you support any of the actions they have done as parents[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:04] <@Teh1337Guy> and they deserve to be $%&@ed with for what they did to the people whio ACTUALLY !@#$@#$ know them irl[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[12:05] <&Gibsonator21> if thats all true, i obviously dont support it, but trolling them on a game forum is lame[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:05] <@Teh1337Guy> we've actually had members exchange pm's with biodad on fb[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica]01[12:05] <&Gibsonator21> i figured that[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:05] <@Teh1337Guy> he is happy we support him[/font][/color]
[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica][12:05] <@Teh1337Guy> trolling them on the forum is the least we can do to show how !@#$@#$ despicable they are as human beings[/font][/color][/b]
[/quote]
What a wonderful human being.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1349832641' post='3039250']

[/quote]

1308 days playing CN and nothing in my collective experiance of CN even comes close to this level of horrid behavior... NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Edited by King Wally

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1349858814' post='3039385']
OOC stalking is acceptable if you tell them anything about your RL, it isnt like it's common practice to share your cell phone number with other gov members if you're also gov or anything.
[/quote]

Why is it acceptable? Wouldn't CN be a better game for having nothing to do with RL?