Which alliance is the biggest MK lapdog?

573 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lyria' timestamp='1341543255' post='3004451']
man, we didn't even do polls like this when NPO was running Continuum.
[/quote]

That's because you guys aren't original

[quote name='Lyria' timestamp='1341543255' post='3004451']
man, we didn't even do polls like this when NPO was running Continuum.
[/quote]
MK isn't edgy or funny enough to do the things scy does.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1341527791' post='3004218']
Remember that time they didn't declare on Fark? Or that time they wouldn't drop MHA when we wanted them to?
[/quote]
Yeah I remember that too, they stood by and MHA, Fark and Sparta were all rolled

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1341543793' post='3004459']
I voted GOONS, eat it Umbrella.

/me will continue to give MK free tech
[/quote]
Dude, custody battle. If Umbrella gets us we're gonna be grounded now!

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1341546206' post='3004477']
I seriously dont think NG, NoR, or ODN are even close to being MK lapdogs. Probably the most independent of that whole side tbqh.
[/quote]

What does independence entail to you?

I mean, NoR wouldn't be up there because they're not part of the overall sphere, but I can't see a case for calling ODN independent.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1341547872' post='3004493']
The things you can't see, dear Roq, would fill many, many chunky volumes.
[/quote]

Yeah, this doesn't make sense except as a low grade jab, though I shouldn't expect much from a penguin that wilfully buries its head in the sand.

Tell me what distinguishes ODN from the other alliances on the list that are higher ranked? TLR, Umbrella, and GOONS for instancde. I don't think there is anything that makes ODN more "independent" than those three.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1341548034' post='3004495']
Yeah, this doesn't make sense except as a low grade jab, though I shouldn't expect much from a penguin that wilfully buries its head in the sand.

Tell me what distinguishes ODN from the other alliances on the list that are higher ranked? TLR, Umbrella, and GOONS for instancde. I don't think there is anything that makes ODN more "independent" than those three.
[/quote]

What distinguishes all these alliances from one another is that they each have a unique history, identity, set of alliance relationships etc. What they have in common is that none of them is an MK lapdog. If you confine your analysis to this delusional framework of lapdoggery, you'll see nothing clearly. To accept the premise of this poll is already to have accepted the propaganda claims of desperate people and to have rendered your analysis ridiculous.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1341547731' post='3004492']
What does independence entail to you?

I mean, NoR wouldn't be up there because they're not part of the overall sphere, but I can't see a case for calling ODN independent.
[/quote]

While ODN does go with MK in most of their wars, I think ODN is mostly friends with MK. I dont see MK telling ODN what to do, but rather ODN wanting to do it to help out their friendship. A lapdog is more of someone who blindly follows, ODN more of assists.

Also, As much as I disliked NG in the past, they are on their own affairs. NG doesn't really follow anyone, probably the most independent of that sphere.

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1341543463' post='3004455']
That's because you guys aren't original
[/quote]
No, it's because there was a time when the NPO attacked people to disagreed with them too vocally in the OWF :ph34r:

As for the poll, I'm hurt at the lack of INT, after the all name-calling we got over the past few weeks.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1341549188' post='3004506']
What distinguishes all these alliances from one another is that they each have a unique history, identity, set of alliance relationships etc. What they have in common is that none of them is an MK lapdog. If you confine your analysis to this delusional framework of lapdoggery, you'll see nothing clearly. To accept the premise of this poll is already to have accepted the propaganda claims of desperate people and to have rendered your analysis ridiculous.
[/quote]

No, the premise isn't absurd.

I mean, I know the dynamics first hand. To pretend no one is a "junior partner" in the grand scheme, if you prefer that terminology since "lapdog" is too insensitive would be a joke. To pretend every relationship is an equal give and take is to be delusional.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1341549296' post='3004507']
While ODN does go with MK in most of their wars, I think ODN is mostly friends with MK. I dont see MK telling ODN what to do, but rather ODN wanting to do it to help out their friendship. A lapdog is more of someone who blindly follows, ODN more of assists.

Also, As much as I disliked NG in the past, they are on their own affairs. NG doesn't really follow anyone, probably the most independent of that sphere.
[/quote]

No one directly tells anyone what to do. It's that something is strongly pushed for without using coercive language like that and one party is able to influence the other more than vice versa. There'll never be a clear cut "YES MASTER" in FA. "Friendship" is probably the biggest tool in terms of controlling actions of others. I mean, Hegemony isn't necessarily a coercive thing, it's cultural as well and it's more of one alliance having more influence than another and people wanting to be with cool kids.

edit: I'm done

Edited by Roquentin