A little announcement

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1340001448' post='2987416']
How many in PM as % of NS, or AVG ns of those in peacemode compared to avg NS of those out?

Just curious. I never do math for these sorts of things.
[/quote]

Valid question but the % of NS in Peace Mode can't be compared between R&R and Umbrella because of where the strength is located.

Umbrellas top teir isn't in Peace Mode, they are out of range for most of the attacking alliances. Their mid and lower teir (or Farks upper/mid teir...) however is where most of their nations are in Peace Mode.

The total for NS in Peace Mode:

Umbrella: 2,294,050.375
R&R: 2,304,166.523

So both alliances have about the same amount of NS in peace mode.

The problem is if you make that a percentage of NS because of all the nations which aren't in fighting range for Umbrella aren't in Peace Mode, it bumps their NS up which makes the % of NS in Peace Mode a bit odd.

Umbrella: 17.38%
R&R: 41.88%

Overall though, it seems they are both putting nations in the same strength range into PM.

If you wanted a more balanced comparrison, you would look at R&R and MK because both of those alliances are around the same total strength (MK are 2m or so stronger) however R&Rs nation count would also affect results.

Eitherway, both sides are using PM, no one should be using this as an argument.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is the percentage of Umbrella nations not in peace mode that are not in range of their opponents is hilariously high --

When you take into account that 71 of Umbrella's nations are out of range of Fark and are not in peace mode those statistics become so lopsided in any comparison it's just pathetic.

You discount the 9 peace mode nations from the top 80, and from the 28 in peace mode, you have 19 of 40 (111-71) nations in Fark's range in peace mode.

47.5%

Peace mode jokes are stupid -- but people who actually employ them despite the numbers being so terribly out of favor is another animal entirely.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1340003734' post='2987463']
The problem is the percentage of Umbrella nations not in peace mode that are not in range of their opponents is hilariously high.
[/quote]

I believe I mentioned that somewhere in there :P

Umbrella can use those nations to send aid to those who are in range to fight, a luxary their opponents don't have.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1340003810' post='2987465']
I believe I mentioned that somewhere in there :P

Umbrella can use those nations to send aid to those who are in range to fight, a luxary their opponents don't have.
[/quote]

Their opponents have the luxury of causing more destruction in one day than an entire aid cycle's worth of aid coming in. When you consider you don't need to be any more than 2999 infra to generate enough to build sufficiently and aid 15-18 mill every ten days the luxury of such an advantage in lower tiers aid isn't a problem for them either.

It's an interesting situation, with the attrition being sustainable by both sides but more damaging to one in terms of time and resources.

I'll let you guess who that is.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1339999303' post='2987358']
yeah only raken thinks you're !@#$. i can vouch for the fact that the rest of umbrella speaks very highly of you.
[/quote]
It appears I struck a nerve? How unfortunate.

[quote name='white majik' timestamp='1339999494' post='2987367']
coming from a general member, I wanted to hit Sparta more then Fark.
[/quote]
That's the attitude Raken isn't putting out! Clearly, taking your alliance to new levels!

You guys dicked Sparta around plenty, so I don't understand what's prompting such foam and rage on your end. If it's partly response to sweating bullets over lost political whathaveyou, man up. You guys chose your path. Sparta chose it's path and got rolled for it once (maybe twice?), no thanks to you.

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1340004425' post='2987468']
It appears I struck a nerve? How unfortunate.
That's the attitude Raken isn't putting out! Clearly, taking your alliance to new levels!

You guys dicked Sparta around plenty, so I don't understand what's prompting such foam and rage on your end. If it's partly response to sweating bullets over lost political whathaveyou, man up. You guys chose your path. Sparta chose it's path and got rolled for it once (maybe twice?), no thanks to you.
[/quote]

To be fair, you made a bad assumption, because the membership's even worse than the leadership.

And also, you were supposed to leave XX and join your new masters MAN!! You had your chance and have no reason to be upset!!!

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1340004625' post='2987470']
To be fair, you made a bad assumption, because the membership's even worse than the leadership.
[/quote]
LOL, Bad assumption? I think you missed the joke. :P

EDIT: lmfao@the edit

Edited by Enamel32

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1340001448' post='2987416']
How many in PM as % of NS, or AVG ns of those in peacemode compared to avg NS of those out?

Just curious. I never do math for these sorts of things.
[/quote]
Doing math is boring but I would assume that they are putting smaller nations in PM and we are putting larger, I wonder why :awesome:

[quote name='Raken' timestamp='1339995078' post='2987232']
Two very unrelated things, I think you missed the whole part of the post but then again I really wouldn't expect you guys to put 2 and 2 together, you guys at Sparta represent incompetence incarnate.
[/quote]

Considering your twitter got "Hacked" because you guys were too incompetent to change the pass, I wouldn't throw stones too hard.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1340003734' post='2987463']
The problem is the percentage of Umbrella nations not in peace mode that are not in range of their opponents is hilariously high --

When you take into account that 71 of Umbrella's nations are out of range of Fark and are not in peace mode those statistics become so lopsided in any comparison it's just pathetic.

You discount the 9 peace mode nations from the top 80, and from the 28 in peace mode, you have 19 of 40 (111-71) nations in Fark's range in peace mode.

47.5%

Peace mode jokes are stupid -- but people who actually employ them despite the numbers being so terribly out of favor is another animal entirely.
[/quote]

As much as I am loathe to agree with you, you do have a bit of a point. There's no sense in anyone ragging on the other for using peace mode to limit any damage taken because both sides are doing it almost equally as much as the other, just because you guys are doing it to your upper tiers doesn't make it any worse than us keeping our outnumbered mid tiers in reserve for when we need them.

We're just getting started after all and judging by how long it's taken for counters to come in we're gonna be here a while and that's fine. Not all of us are ADHD kiddies.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1340023975' post='2987572']
As much as I am loathe to agree with you, you do have a bit of a point. There's no sense in anyone ragging on the other for using peace mode to limit any damage taken because both sides are doing it almost equally as much as the other, just because you guys are doing it to your upper tiers doesn't make it any worse than us keeping our outnumbered mid tiers in reserve for when we need them.

We're just getting started after all and judging by how long it's taken for counters to come in we're gonna be here a while and that's fine. [B]Not all of us are ADHD kiddies.[/b]
[/quote]

Maybe not but certain allies are which will make the waiting all more fun for yoy guys :P

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1340026111' post='2987587']
Oh wow pack it up Umbrella, you just lost right here.
[/quote]

lol

[quote name='DeathAdder' timestamp='1340021006' post='2987554']
Considering your twitter got "Hacked" because you guys were too incompetent to change the pass, I wouldn't throw stones too hard.
[/quote]

If forgetting to change a Twitter password is the best example of incompetence you've got, it's probably best to try a different route.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

I love the implication over the last two pages that we "pulled" Sparta around last war. I'm sure your government will tell you we told you nothing and gave you notice but we gave you months of time in advance letting you know, that we would not be there if it was because of FARK or GOD. We told you we're not going to jump on the sinking ship of SF/XX last war, and you got pissed when Luka crawled into our embassy and threw a temper tantrum when we didn't activate our treaty after you countered for FARK's pre-empt. "Wait what you guys dont want to get curbed for FARK, an alliance you pretty much despise and have told us you wouldn't defend in the past?" I guess you could make the argument we were incompetent insofar that we didn't cancel you guys soon enough - but accepting Roquentin and promoting to a higher level of government while he spat on us and openly called for our destruction - seemed to do the trick just fine.

[quote name='Raken' timestamp='1340027425' post='2987612']
I love the implication over the last two pages that we "pulled" Sparta around last war. I'm sure your government will tell you we told you nothing and gave you notice but we gave you months of time in advance letting you know, that we would not be there if it was because of FARK or GOD. We told you we're not going to jump on the sinking ship of SF/XX last war, and you got pissed when Luka crawled into our embassy and threw a temper tantrum when we didn't activate our treaty after you countered for FARK's pre-empt. "Wait what you guys dont want to get curbed for FARK, an alliance you pretty much despise and have told us you wouldn't defend in the past?" I guess you could make the argument we were incompetent insofar that we didn't cancel you guys soon enough - but accepting Roquentin and promoting to a higher level of government while he spat on us and openly called for our destruction - seemed to do the trick just fine.
[/quote]

Just to make it clear: I didn't call for Umbrella's destruction during that time and your own President acknowledged that. I do realize the collective incoherence of your government in terms of certain gov members not liking others, however, and the idiocy of the membership. Considering he was more than willing to acknowledge wrongdoing on Umbrella's part, perhaps you guys should arrange to be on the same page some day.

It's kind of funny how someone who didn't really deserve the envoy job to begin with holds the position again, but when the standard is "he's a fellow stoner," it makes sense.

Revisionist history from an utter incompetent who only got the Envoy title and consequently VP because people didn't want to give it to someone with less seniority is hilarious though.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Raken' timestamp='1340027425' post='2987612']
threw a temper tantrum when we didn't activate our treaty after you countered for FARK's pre-empt.
[/quote]

We had pretty much the same experience, which suggests Sparta deluded themselves into thinking that it was a completely reasonable move to make. Great job guys!

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1340027750' post='2987617']
Just to make it clear: I didn't call for Umbrella's destruction during that time and your own President acknowledged that. I do realize the collective incoherence of your government in terms of certain gov members not liking others, however, and the idiocy of the membership. Considering he was more than willing to acknowledge wrongdoing on Umbrella's part, perhaps you guys should arrange to be on the same page some day.

It's kind of funny how someone who didn't really deserve the envoy job to begin with holds the position again, but when the standard is "he's a fellow stoner," it makes sense.

Revisionist history from an utter incompetent who only got the Envoy title and consequently VP because people didn't want to give it to someone with less seniority is hilarious though.
[/quote]

I mean I definitely remember you asserting threats [b]directly at umbrella[/b] of your squandered aid deal. We were actually going to help Sparta and you decided to get way to autocratic and try to extort us of aid we were getting ready to give you.

These quotes are from the aid deal alone, I didn't have to dig far to find these.

[quote]
<Roq[Ephor|Sparta]> and if they're not willing
<Roq[Ephor|Sparta]> then they're going to get f$^#ed up the a**

<Roq[Sparta]> in addition, if any of you complain to tulak or luka
<Roq[Sparta]> bombs go off
<Roq[Sparta]> they don't want angry queries

<Tulak_Hord> I'm talking to Roq right now, I can most likely get the threats to stop. He has a chain of command to follow like anyone else in Sparta
<domisi> he's now threatening to enact his vendetta against us in retaliation for just talking to you
[/quote]

Considering you accessing our Twitter as well, don't scratch your head and claim we are revising history when you decided to overstep your bounds and help destroy, not re-kindle any sort of Sparta relationship we had left. I'll agree that you joining Sparta wasn't fair for Sparta.