An Umbrella Treaty Announcement

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1338490302' post='2975224']
This is great because it's pretty much what I said Umbrella's allies would do afterwards for all of its "sacrifice."
[/quote]

The issue is, there was no perceived "sacrifice". I mean, I did tell them too that wasting time with targetting Mjolnir alliances was pretty stupid when the real problems are much closer to home, but noooo. They're not very smart people. Keep in mind I said this six months ago xfd. Speaking of which it was done in an internal LegendoftheSkies thread, oddly enough.

arexes comment is surprising since that whole thing didn't hurt Umbrella as much as it did VE, an alliance he actually liked and didn't see as bad allies.

Anyway, Umbrella is now in a pretty terrible position even if no one has the stones to come after them. Suspicion has been raised and few trust them and they can be messed with in a non-physical sense by allies of allies due to the entanglement they're in and completely powerless to do anything about it. I guess that's what sucks about remaining deeply tied to people through DH to their allies you don't get along with!

Edited by Roquentin

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1338494349' post='2975255']
Yes we should cancel on every ally that is friends with an alliance that we've ever had a disagreement with. That would certainly leave us with a number of loyal allies and put us in an ideal diplomatic position. I'm surprised people didn't stop taking you seriously sooner.
[/quote]

Yes, because the reductio ad absurdum you've put forth is exactly what I was saying. it's more being directly and indirectly connected to people who really dislike you is dumb especially when it's done on a massive scale and eliminates any maneuveurability.

In terms of taking me seriously, no one really had any issue with it before, so I think it's just a matter of it clashing with the mentality people like you have made prominent in the alliance in recent times, which is based on no sound reasoning and nonrational sentiments. I haven't changed at all and that's not really in question, so I guess I shouldn't have been taken seriously to begin with. welp. if it only had happened years before you joined the alliance, would have saved me a lot of time. I guess this is also what happens when weren't too picky about applicants.

I guess taking crap from people is the current Umbrella MO, so long as they dish it out every day and their allies can join in on the fun! That way it's decent communication, am I right?

edit: Yes, also casting the only people with any independent agenda aside in the previous election as too radical was the smartest move given what has transpired since.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338422346' post='2974831']

If you're sincere about cleaning it up
[/quote]

Not in the least. I'm just here to flake out on tech deals and get free $$$. Umbrella already be clean as it belong.

[quote name='ochocinco' timestamp='1338498999' post='2975293']
Not in the least. I'm just here to flake out on tech deals and get free $$$.
[/quote]

I mean, why bother then after 3 years to just do that? You were good at staying away.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1338499099' post='2975295']
my phone number hasnt changed either :ehm:
[/quote]

I thought we agreed on using pager instead...

Also, congratz on the treaty, I kinda like Symphony (only from the vibe I got from them since i dont really know them)...

And Hi Kriek ! Love shared ;)

Edited by Seipher Caim

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338499091' post='2975294']
I mean, why bother then after 3 years to just do that? You were good at staying away.
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment. I tend to be good at everything, I've found.

[quote name='ochocinco' timestamp='1338503875' post='2975345']
Thanks for the compliment. I tend to be good at everything, I've found.
[/quote]

I did use past tense for a reason.

ooc: when the rationale was that the game is bad for people and you try to induce other people to quit and then come back after 3 years, it's just kind of really confusing, tbh.

For the record, Johnny Jellyfish is a way cooler name than Jellyfish Apocalypse, which sounds like either a disaster in a Greek restaurant or a bad joke from a lost script by Douglas Adams.

Also hello, Symphony, nice to meet you. If you're OK by Umbrella, you're probably OK.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1338504684' post='2975354']
For the record, Johnny Jellyfish is a way cooler name than Jellyfish Apocalypse, which sounds like either a disaster in a Greek restaurant or a bad joke from a lost script by Douglas Adams.

Also hello, Symphony, nice to meet you. If you're OK by Umbrella, you're probably OK.
[/quote]

Well, I'm not sure about the jellyfish thing now, but I'm done.

Closing statement: "Earthworm Johnny" might be a better fit.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1338487414' post='2975192']
Actually, I technically had no permission or authority to announce this. I'm a generic diplomat and hold no official gov position.

I just got tired of waiting, and after realizing it'd probably take another day or two for someone in Umbrella to photoshop some fancy sigs for us, I just crudely sketched them MSPaint-style and posted this without asking anyone first.

That said, this treaty is still the real deal, I just jumped the gun on it. I'm whimsical like that.
[/quote]

Shadow gov is best gov

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1338487414' post='2975192']
Actually, I technically had no permission or authority to announce this. I'm a generic diplomat and hold no official gov position.

I just got tired of waiting, and after realizing it'd probably take another day or two for someone in Umbrella to photoshop some fancy sigs for us, I just crudely sketched them MSPaint-style and posted this without asking anyone first.

That said, this treaty is still the real deal, I just jumped the gun on it. I'm whimsical like that.
[/quote]
Ah, so that's all I have to do if I want to announce something.

If I post more will you take time out of your life to upload an image of me with a red rectangular box around my post count with snide comments and witty .gif ? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/emot-v.gif[/img]

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1338549494' post='2975670']
If I post more will you take time out of your life to upload an image of me with a red rectangular box around my post count with snide comments and witty .gif ? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/emot-v.gif[/img]
[/quote]

It's okay, Ironfist has a firm grip on their economy.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1338361558' post='2974453']

Thank you sir, with a firm hand, sir.

[/quote]

41 / 138 (29.71%) slot efficiency.

:awesome:

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1338549494' post='2975670']
[/quote]

Is that a request? I don't work after 9, but certainly get back to me.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1338551554' post='2975677']
Is that a request? I don't work after 9, but certainly get back to me.
[/quote]

Yes and I will!

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1338551638' post='2975678']
Yes and I will!
[/quote]

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/ilvabk.png[/img]

[img]http://images.dailydawdle.com/derp-dog-slides-in-snow.gif[/img]

This GIF. This GIF makes me laugh every time. Worth breaking my 9 o'clock rule for, imo.