I just can't hold it in anymore!

[center][size=12][img]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee302/allycowie/CCCsNewFlag-wavy.png[/img]
This is coming to you a few days early... but I'm so excited, and my hands are so sweaty from said excitement, that I keep dropping my Bible! Can't have that, so the big news follows some lovely trivia for you. On this DAY.....April 27th....Trivia

*On April 27, 1947, "Babe Ruth Day" at Yankee Stadium was held to honor the ailing baseball star.

*1972Apollo 16 returned to Earth after a manned voyage to the moon.

*2006Construction began on a 1,776-foot building on the site of the World Trade Center in New York City.

Historic Birthdays

*Ulysses S. Grant 4/27/1822 - 7/23/1885 18th president of the United States (1869-77) and Civil War general.

*Samuel Morse 4/27/1791 - 4/2/1872 American painter and developer of the telegraph

*Rogers Hornsby 4/27/1896 - 1/5/1963 American professional baseball player

*Wallace Hume Carothers 4/27/1896 - 4/29/1937 American chemist; developed nylon

*Walter Lantz 4/27/1899 - 3/22/1994 American film animator; creator of "Woody Woodpecker"

[/size]

[size=16]AND........drum roll please....
Time to bring out the CCC's penguin to make this announcement. (made for us by our beloved Juana la Loca)

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/whycon/CCCGUIN.jpg[/img]

[b]On this day in 2006.....the CHRISTIAN COALITION OF COUNTRIES was created by our founding father, Curtis Martin![/b]

Come join the CCC on our public chat IRC channel ( #CN-CCC ) and help us celebrate our sixth year Anniversary. My how times flies. We will be having special IRC Action days from Friday 27th through Monday April 30th in honor of this momentous occasion. Blessings upon you and your families. <3 The CCC
[/size][/center]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic