Enter Bal Masqué

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1335057719' post='2956887']
roquentin is so tsundere
[/quote]

better that than either an yangire or yandere (...like the one in your avy >_>)

back on topic - while the history b/t NsO and SOS had its ups and downs, I wish you guys good luck regardless

@USMC - now do us a favor and have Tetris avoid that dustbin from here on out :3

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335044949' post='2956787']
Thanks. I'm not sure what issues you have with me, but I appreciate the positive response.

BobJanova:

Not really surprising. It's been pretty obvious that I'm an anime fan, so we were culturally compatible to start with.
[/quote]

It wasnt intended at you. Just more of a general statement.

[quote name='Bernkastel' timestamp='1335057113' post='2956884']
That you are important. When you really aren't. You good sir, are a has-been.

NsO is certainly more well respected and has far more class and dignity than you will ever have. All you need is class and dignity, something that might be a fairly foreign concept to you.

Eh, we all have dreams or wants and those typically don't come true, ridiculous or not.
[/quote]

Better a has-been than a never was. I'm certainly more relevant than you are.

Here's a quote from you: "Everything must die...starting with Doomhouse." Been more than a year and you're a gov member of a DH ally. All bluster with you.

Also Jacapo, be that as it may, eventually your alliance will have its turn as well. :) You've been writing a lot of checks and the bank's going to cash them eventually. Hope you can handle it. Living on borrowed time isn't the best way to go about business. When some of your allies don't even really like you, the arrogance is pretty lol. That's not even to list the vast number of people that would love to see you go down.

Lanore: How am I going to abuse it really? I'm not going to go demand a GATO cancellation, or anything. In exchange for your gesture of good will, I'll avoid being mean in GATO topics.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1335060054' post='2956896']
I kinda liked that there was an Anti-Umbrella out there, but congrats on the move. I'm liking the name and flag.
[/quote]

Well, I did too, but the theme had its limitations. For instance, it's not very likely a lot of Umbrella members will leave until the environment is a bit more volatile. That's when people leave. In addition, a lot of them don't do much except pay bills and collects and tech deals, so they won't care about acting on their opinions until the time comes.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1335057719' post='2956887']
roquentin is so tsundere
[/quote]

I love your avatar.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1335052237' post='2956853']
Well SOS, you beat us in the race to the dustbin of history. Congrats.

I suppose congrats, I would have rather seen SOS's remains go to NsO, but I'm happy seeing SOS disappear from this world, so w/e.
[/quote]

Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of this. Especially the part where we continue to exist, SOS doesn't, and Arrnea relegated himself into a neutral months ago. Winning. :awesome:

Good luck with the new members and change of theme, Bal Masque. From what I was told, the remnants of SOS were decent people.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1335062053' post='2956912']
Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of this. Especially the part where we continue to exist, SOS doesn't, and Arrnea relegated himself into a neutral months ago. Winning. :awesome:

Good luck with the new members and change of theme, Bal Masque. From what I was told, the remnants of SOS were decent people.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's something I want people to understand. A lot of people in SOS weren't around for its most volatile periods except for the attack by NG. The issues with the alliance stem from the initial start-up(several iFOK gov taking off, essentially) and the NsO split off where there was a falling out between Tetris and SOS under Arrnea.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1335062232' post='2956914']
Quietly? He and others haven't been able to shut up about this for a few days now. :gag:
[/quote]

That is true, but I was never trying to make it nondescript. My rationale for not announcing it earlier is in the OP and we didn't have a set flag design until last night.

Well, it's been two months, so I'm not sure what's stopping you. I have always acknowledged it as a real possibility, and like I said, it's ultimately immaterial since the vast majority of the nations in the alliance are below 5k infra, so at the end of day, it won't really mean much outside of me posting a lot. Eventually, a real war will take place and it'll have proven to be a rather worthless endeavor.

lol..? I really try to not let my bias get in the way of my posting.. but, wtf Roquentin? Being as that I like underdogs, I was kind of rooting for you to make something of Paraguas.. but the few people who took you seriously before.. well, what are we to do now?

Edit: I hear Sword Alliance is looking for treaty partners FYI

Edited by Hero89

[quote name='Hero89' timestamp='1335064981' post='2956937']
lol..? I really try to not let my bias get in the way of my posting.. but, wtf Roquentin? Being as that I like underdogs, I was kind of rooting for you to make something of Paraguas.. but the few people who took you seriously before.. well, what are we to do now?
[/quote]

I'm not really sure what has changed really. I was getting pretty tired of the Paraguas theme, to be honest and this was always a possibility. If I had gone for a different rebranding, it'd have been something from ASoIaF, but that'd have been derivative.

The theme of Paraguas was boring from the beginning, doesnt matter.. Its the alliance you decided to merge with that is causing the controversy for me. Youre a pretty intelligent guy, there are plenty of micros you could have persuaded to join your cause, but you went for SOS.. por que?

[quote name='Hero89' timestamp='1335065909' post='2956945']
The theme of Paraguas was boring from the beginning, doesnt matter.. Its the alliance you decided to merge with that is causing the controversy for me. Youre a pretty intelligent guy, there are plenty of micros you could have persuaded to join your cause, but you went for SOS.. por que?
[/quote]
I believe he mentioned earlier that he has a certain shared affection for Japanimation with its members.

Ardus likes anime and ponies and I was channeling his "MANIME: Anime for men," sentiment. If you didn't know, Quiziotle is MK gov and he called me a tsundere and has a Yuno avatar.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335062301' post='2956915']
That is true, but I was never trying to make it nondescript. My rationale for not announcing it earlier is in the OP and we didn't have a set flag design until last night.
[/quote]
I do like the flag. Kudos on that.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335060833' post='2956905']
Better a has-been than a never was. I'm certainly more relevant than you are.

Here's a quote from you: "Everything must die...starting with Doomhouse." Been more than a year and you're a gov member of a DH ally. All bluster with you.
[/quote]

I don't care to be in the spotlight and trying to making a name for myself. My glory days are long since past, as have yours, you just desperately need the attention and spotlight to remain relevant. I, on the other hand, don't care.

Oh and people do change over the course of a year or excuse me, over a year. I grew pretty fond of GOONS in the past few months. I do like how you dredge up statements that are no longer relevant. Oh that word just keeps coming up!

[quote name='Bernkastel' timestamp='1335067188' post='2956954']
I don't care to be in the spotlight and trying to making a name for myself. My glory days are long since past, as have yours, you just desperately need the attention and spotlight to remain relevant. I, on the other hand, don't care.

Oh and people do change over the course of a year or excuse me, over a year. I grew pretty fond of GOONS in the past few months. I do like how you dredge up statements that are no longer relevant. Oh that word just keeps coming up!
[/quote]

I think consistency is a virtue and nothing has changed about GOONS since then.

"I was against DH before I was pro-DH!"

Edited by Roquentin