Enter Bal Masqué

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335066648' post='2956951']
Ardus likes anime and ponies and I was channeling his "MANIME: Anime for men," sentiment.
[/quote]

[i]OOC: I actually enjoy very few anime (TTGL, FLCL) and have long since ceased paying attention to the medium.[/i]

As for the latter subject, I believe time and success has proven correct the mantra to the left of this post. To a certain extent, you have no doubt learned through your own experience that the inverse may also be true.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1335067472' post='2956956']
[i]OOC: I actually enjoy very few anime (TTGL, FLCL) and have long since ceased paying attention to the medium.[/i]

As for the latter subject, I believe time and success has proven correct the mantra to the left of this post. To a certain extent, you have no doubt learned through your own experience that the inverse may also be true.
[/quote]

I don't agree with "Friendship is Power" being true, but the inverse certainly is, that's why I'm not really eager to make "friends."

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335067561' post='2956957']
I don't agree with "Friendship is Power" being true, but the inverse certainly is, that's why I'm not really eager to make "friends."
[/quote]
Only through a mastery of both forms can you ever know true victory.

Ta~

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1335067663' post='2956959']
Only through a mastery of both forms can you ever know true victory.

Ta~
[/quote]

I mean, from your own experiences, it shows the best way is to align with certain people you hate at certain times to get rid of others you hate, and then go after the ones you were previously aligned with. It's a fundamentally Hobbesian mode of action.

Align with GGA to attack GOONS, and so on.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is your mantra and if only the rest of Digiterra would learn it. Instead, opposition is still fragmented.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1335068752' post='2956961']
I was initially going to make some derisive and snide comment about your skimpy charter, or terrible theme, but then I saw that Xoin was in government.

HAIL! o>
[/quote]

Why do charters need to be long? Honestly, I've never been a legalistic person and I always thought excessive bureaucracy was something that slowed down progress. The theme is pretty cool imo and somewhat analogous: side switching, plans to create new world, etc. xoin has been with me since day one, a true friend.

I love your Senjougahara avatar by the way.

Also before I get called out on inconsistency:

The current issues I have with DH/PB/C&G have been longstanding as you can see in the Rush quote. arexes has always disliked me and Roq-MK relations had been deterioriating prior to the DH war with stuff like "Roquentin: "We can't declare war without a CB. Dr. Ardus Brown: "We don't need a CB where we're going," in the rafael nadal thread where "everything must die" was introduced first.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335068859' post='2956962']
Why do charters need to be long? Honestly, I've never been a legalistic person and I always thought excessive bureaucracy was something that slowed down progress.[/quote]I know. Doesn't preclude me from making jokes about it though.
[quote]The theme is pretty cool imo.[/quote]Yea, according to [i]you[/i].
[quote]xoin has been with me since day one, a true friend.[/quote]trueeedat.
[quote]I love your Senjougahara avatar by the way.[/quote]Thank you. [color="#FFFFFF"]She's my waifu.[/color]

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1335067658' post='2956958']
There will only ever be one Weeaboo Alliance that I will ever recognize, and that is New Sakura Order. This is just disgusting, even for you Roquentin.
[/quote]
Whoa... Roquentin, you should probably stop. Things are getting too weird for me.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335043194' post='2956766']
Meh, there's ultimately limited damage someone in the lower gov spots can do even if you have reservations about them. If they mess up, it can be dealt with. Keep in mind, I don't really leave things to chance with alliance functions anyway.

edit: Delegation has never been my strong suit, so take that as you will.
[/quote]
Such a display of confidence in your government.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335067293' post='2956955']
I think consistency is a virtue and nothing has changed about GOONS since then.

"I was against DH before I was pro-DH!"
[/quote]
This from the person who went from being the leader of a DH alliance to making the destruction of DH his prime directive.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1335071612' post='2956988']
Such a display of confidence in your government.

This from the person who went from being the leader of a DH alliance to making the destruction of DH his prime directive.
[/quote]

It's not it's rather me saying I'm not good at delegation, so I tend to micromanage. An anti-Ivan, if you will.

I already addressed potential claims of inconsistency. It was inevitable. No arrangement is able to hold together people with similar levels of ambition for long.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1335071358' post='2956984']
Sigh, best of luck to my friend Xoin.
[/quote]

What's wrong? xoin wanted to do it.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1335073043' post='2957001']
merge with valhalla next.

underrated psot.
[/quote]

How am I going to sell chefjoe on it? :\

I know, right? :P Your interest in it is much appreciated ;)

Edited by Roquentin

I guess I should state it in clear terms: my motivation was always to make Umbrella #1. I think logic pointed it out to you that I did first and foremost what I thought to be best for Umbrella, not MK, or anyone else. The tech importation and fixation on it was because of a desire to gain power and nothing else, really. Not for aesthetics. It was always a core motivation.

Hell, same motivation for participation in Bastion and the like.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1335086079' post='2957049']
WANA.

Hopefully it doesn't cause you too many tears.
[/quote]

Well, he had already had a similar position pre-merge. It just wasn't publicized and most of the people he interacted with knew. I realize some people really don't like the guy, but I've never been one to deprive someone of an opportunity if they're willing to stick it out. I have his commitment and if I'm wrong to believe him in that, so be it.

I'm still basically the main FA arm just as I was in Umbrella, and outside of this particular medium, I'm a lot more measured in approach. I'm a dick here because being a dick is the norm.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1335095692' post='2957084']
Hope this can be rectified swiftly.
[/quote]

Can you communicate the issue to me? I'm not aware of any past dealings of them with you.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1335055819' post='2956872']
I can withhold my personal distaste and genuinely wish you the best of luck with this, [b]for the sake of the friendship NsO has with SOS[/b]. So good luck.

Please don't abuse that friendship Roq. Not everything is about politics.
[/quote]
I love how everyone thinks this is real.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1335096224' post='2957087']
[/quote]

Well, even if it's not, I've known Elrich for a long time, before NsO was formed even, so it's not really the decisive factor in relations with NsO except certain NsO members not liking me.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1335096224' post='2957087']
[/quote]
When someone tells me they consider certain people to be close friends, I tend to believe them. Benefit of the doubt and all that. Especially considering NsO doesn't have a history of lying to me.