WAE 4.0

Alterego

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1335135452' post='2957374']
I wasn't aware that he was in Sparta, last I checked which was just before posting this, he was in The Combine.As for someone that holds a treaty with The Combine, it is interesting to see the New Sith Order's opinion of their ally.
[/quote]

Stop cluttering this place up with facts, it's revolting.

Oh and GPA for WAE

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1335518813' post='2960063']
Once you give up in what you believe in you are worthless.
[/quote]

That's right.

Now there might be one or two goons members we could point to that reached that point. :smug:

But like any alliance, the weaknesses of individual members are not necessarily fatal to the whole.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1335614454' post='2960384']
[b]I wish they were my tech farm :([/b]
[/quote]

Just as I always suspected. B-)

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1335230844' post='2958157']
Speaking of retarded alliances, one who supports massive land purchases that shrinks warchests and tech deals should be upon that list.

Theres no need to argue with a guy who purchases 50K land in order to become better at war and retain his pixels. His opinions of people are unnoted and not really acknowledged.

[/quote]

Strong post :lol1:

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1335592283' post='2960342']
:toot:

Considering the amount of ex-NPO people over here, I'm sure it won't be long til you're creating incidents. :smug:
[/quote]
Really can't get it over, can you?

I really am too lethargic to care.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1335928147' post='2962035']
lots of room for improvement, to be sure. but i think an argument could be made that we've seen more war than nearly any other alliance around here.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.odditycentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/fish.jpeg[/img][img]http://www.bluemarlin.be/images/photo4.jpg[/img]

That dude on the left caught 10 times as many fish as the one on the right... does that make him a better fishermen?

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1335938977' post='2962134']
That dude on the left caught 10 times as many fish as the one on the right... does that make him a better fishermen?
[/quote]

You know your alliance's largest nation didn't buy GCs or any other military improvements during the last war, right?

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1335940469' post='2962143']
You know your alliance's largest nation didn't buy GCs or any other military improvements during the last war, right?
[/quote]

Holding GC's and trying to focus on ground attacks when faced with 30:1 odds isn't something that I would call a overwhelmingly smart option either. But each to their own. Me personally I hate the idea of Turtling but thats just because I dislike the defeatist statement it seams to portray.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1335928147' post='2962035']
lots of room for improvement, to be sure. but i think an argument could be made that we've seen more war than nearly any other alliance around here.
[/quote]

You might have seen more war but you are still crap at it. You just got thumped so badly by 2 micros that you had to bring in tens of millions of NS to help you despite you out matching them 10 to 1 and receiving a steady flow of money from your allies.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1335940469' post='2962143']
[/quote]

I still fail to see how what you say has any relevance to what he was responding to? It doesn't deflect from the fact that goonS got spanked by micros and that because you fight many wars doesn't make you good at it. They have proven that practice sometimes doesn't make perfection. Oh no wait I get it. You just wanted to make a jab at someone instead of addressing his point, you're so cool and hip.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1335950281' post='2962190']
Holding GC's and trying to focus on ground attacks when faced with 30:1 odds isn't something that I would call a overwhelmingly smart option either. But each to their own. Me personally I hate the idea of Turtling but thats just because I dislike the defeatist statement it seams to portray.
[/quote]
He rebought troops and launched GAs. He wasn't turtling. We was just that bad. We're talking one CM a day bad.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1335968774' post='2962277']
He rebought troops and launched GAs. He wasn't turtling. We was just that bad. We're talking one CM a day bad.
[/quote]

All alliances have cases of [url="http://i42.tinypic.com/r1g4lu.png"]INDIVIDUALS[/url] not running at 100% but that really doesn't at all have any relevance on the Shooting Fish in a Barrel example I mentioned. Sure if thats how you like to fish thats great for you but the point I was making was that theres only so much public kudos you can really try and cash in when you wave your catch of the day around afterward.

GOONS is a solid allaince. With their small size you can attribute that to the fact that they've fought front and center in every major conflict since their inception and have been targeted by decent sized groups of rogues more than any alliance has since NPO was in power. Kakus and the Ninjas would have proved to be problems to any alliance even top tier alliances like TOP-Umbrella-Argent would have struggled to end those conflict quickly. So they don't have infra or NS not a factor, the fact they can even ship out as much tech as they do is a perfect indicator of economic success.

In addition even if they did suck completely at economics they are not nearly as awful as Legion or GGA or MCXA ever was at poltiics. You could take away PB and DH and they would still have a solid ally base with alliances like TLR, NG, Europa, and others. Not to mention with the exception of Europa their FA is extremely streamlined and efficient. Their side is easily apparent and they have almost no conflicts of interest between allies. How many alliances can say that even?

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1336066451' post='2962914']
GOONS is a solid allaince. With their small size you can attribute that to the fact that they've fought front and center in every major conflict since their inception [/quote]

I'll have to concede this point. I don't know what I would have done if GOONS wasn't backing me up during Karma. During Bi-Polar they went balls out against TMF. All 8 TMF nations were about to completely destroy us all. What would we have done without GOONS? Even in this recent war GOONS showed they'd protect us from the neutral menace TTK. Thank you for your hard work GOONS. You are always front and center with the tough fighters!

you spelled alliance wrong.

[quote]
Not to mention with the exception of Europa their FA is extremely streamlined and efficient. Their side is easily apparent and they have almost no conflicts of interest between allies. How many alliances can say that even?
[/quote]

That might could be that they cancel on anyone who looks like they might lose in an upcoming war, or they just ignore the treaty as in NPO and NpO's case.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1336072697' post='2962944']
Even in this recent war GOONS showed they'd protect us from the neutral menace TTK. Thank you for your hard work GOONS. You are always front and center with the tough fighters!
[/quote]
Way to casually gloss over the fact that we fought in two other fronts, but I guess that's to be expected of a truth twister such as yourself.

Also Europa kicks ass :colbert:.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1336075742' post='2962965']
Way to casually gloss over the fact that we fought in two other fronts, but I guess that's to be expected of a truth twister such as yourself.

Also Europa kicks ass :colbert:.
[/quote]

Oh yes, NPL and coming in late on FARK. I completely forgot those. You are truly the last bastion of courageousness in a cowardly world.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1336077288' post='2962975']
Oh yes, NPL and coming in late on FARK. I completely forgot those. You are truly the last bastion of courageousness in a cowardly world.
[/quote]
Can't forget MCXA, and that other alliance, the one in Sentinel who we had been fighting beforehand as well.

And the fact that we were targeted by over 10 distinct alliances in NPO/DH who had a specific goal of breaking our resolve, where we held firm.

Really Omni, there are valid critiques you can make about GOONS. That we dishonor treaties or run from fights is not one of them.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1336077516' post='2962976']
Can't forget MCXA, and that other alliance, the one in Sentinel who we had been fighting beforehand as well.
[/quote]

HOLY !@#$! You fought Sentinel? How did you make it out alive?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1336077596' post='2962977']
HOLY !@#$! You fought Sentinel? How did you make it out alive?
[/quote]
I'm not saying it was a tough fight (not like NPO/DH was anyway), Umbrella kicked MCXA in the highs, and BFF eviscerated them elsewhere, but my point is that we honor our treaties, and committed our forces to the fullest.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1336077713' post='2962980']
I'm not saying it was a tough fight, Umbrella kicked MCXA in the highs, and BFF eviscerated them elsewhere, but my point is that we honor our treaties, and committed our forces to the fullest.
[/quote]

That's fine, I was just answering the point that you have fought at the "center of every war since your inception". With the exception of a single war it's not true. In Bi-Polar and this last war (what are we calling it Winter War?) you weren't really at the center of the conflict as it was claimed. In Karma you weren't even there. It's not your fault, but it's still incorrect.

When you fight a tough war where your victory is not already secured then I'll accept your claims of bravery.

I'm sure The Ninjas, FnKa, and Kaskus as well were all tough fights though.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1336078195' post='2962983']
When you fight a tough war where your victory is not already secured then I'll accept your claims of bravery.
[/quote]
We will not shirk our responsibilities to our allies. Your continued attempt to assail our image here is humorous. I wonder if anyone outside, or even inside, the SF sphere shares your views about our alleged cowardice on any meaningful level.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1336078591' post='2962985']
We will not shirk our responsibilities to our allies. Your continued attempt to assail our image here is humorous.[/quote]

Relax man, I'm not even being mean about this.

I just informed everyone what was said was untrue. Your only answer to this is something about "we do what our allies want us to". That's fine. I don't care about your relationship with your allies or how you've done in war or whatever. The idea that you've fought in a central front in every war since your refounding is just incorrect. The fact that you have to bring up that you've fought Sentinel is a testament to that.

[quote]
I wonder if anyone outside, or even inside, the SF sphere shares your views about our alleged cowardice on any meaningful level.
[/quote]

I'm confused about your sudden interest in SF.

Anyway, it's pretty common knowledge who fought on what front during which wars. So I'm sure almost everyone shares my view that fighting Sentinel and pre-empting neutral alliances aren't brave actions.