WAE 4.0

Alterego

While sitting here and thinking about it, I dont know if I even want PB and Co. out of power. Yes, PB is a corrupt hegemony who do favour themselves, but so did The New Pacific Order. Due to the game mechanics, I dont think its even possible for CN not to be ran by a hegemony and all will favour themselves, because power makes people crazy. We all had faith in MK to destroy Pacifica and become the great power that would stand up for everyone, and they failed us. Pacifica wants its power back, no doubt, but it would just be the same way. I honestly don't care whos in power anymore as MCXA is politically afar from both coalitions. I guess my opinions change so much because I sit here and cotemplate about it. Who knows what will happen, ofcourse power will change and most likely soon, but the next coalition in power will be worse or the same. Afterall, were all here to build our nations and become power houses because the game is here to attract people who want power, and the coalition who leads CN is the same way.

tl;dr : Rambling thoughts of myself that i felt like sharing.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1335209487' post='2957877']
I'm going to go ahead and say that GOONS are infinitely more competent than the alliances whose members are criticizing them here. I mean, really, the idea that people from the Combine, BAPS, and Odyssey would have the gall to suggest that GOONS was a bad alliance really just blows me away.
[/quote]

Your post is 2/3 accurate, sans BAPS. When the bombs start dropping, BAPS are anything but incompetent, this is just a fact.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1335230844' post='2958157']

Nor have I agreed with BAPs politically, but after facing Sparta and going from 100K average NS down to 30K average NS and now back to 60-70K i have to say they do know what they're doing. Your arguing with a GOONS supporter, nuff said. If there was anything i could do in this world, it would be to rescue FOK and VE from PB and have them completely on their own. Those 2 are one of the most respected on my list and do not deserve the PR Disaster that DH and NG have caused them.
[/quote]

Do you just make up these numbers? BAPS was never 100K ANS. Ever. There are plenty of people who know BAPS are a very competent military, I was massively impressed with them, you do not need to pull random numbers out of your rear end to reinforce that point. All you do, in fact, is harm their case. Stop.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1335235621' post='2958234']
Do you just make up these numbers? BAPS was never 100K ANS. Ever. There are plenty of people who know BAPS are a very competent military, I was massively impressed with them, you do not need to pull random numbers out of your rear end to reinforce that point. All you do, in fact, is harm their case. Stop.
[/quote]

I think it's acceptable to make !@#$ up when posting in an Alterego post.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1335235621' post='2958234']
[/quote]
BAPS were approx 70k ANS before the war, and are 60k ANS now.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1335227107' post='2958067']
These topics have always been retarded. Everyone who bothers to post in them is a retard. And now I'm a retard. Thanks a lot, retards.
[/quote]

:(

Also, I do not think GOONS come even close to being WAE 4.0. One or two or three of their wannabe follower alliances, much better candidates.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1335231686' post='2958175']
Now you just look ridiculous.

I've never bought any land. Do you even know how much it would cost to purchase land at 36k miles? [b](which was my peak purchased level)[/b] I could never afford that !@#$. It literally has all come from fighting/raiding (yes I've gained thousands of miles in nuclear war - thanks FARK).

[b]The land itself is a population boost. A month ago it would provide me with 30k troops.[/b] So when I would sit at 1k infra in war I would have close to 47k troops at all times. Plus it's great for defensive spy odds. I was fighting a person with 26k tech at 10k tech a month ago and the guy only got off one spy attack on me.

Care to embarrass yourself further?
[/quote]

[quote]Land - Purchasing land increases the size of your borders and decreases population density which makes your citizens happier. Land is also represented by the circle surrounding your capital city in the various Google maps in the game. Land also grows naturally in the game at a rate of 0.5 miles per day. If a nation owns navy vessels it may not sell below 1,500 miles of land.

Defending land can be stolen in war via ground attacks and destroyed in nuclear missile attacks. Defenders in ground battles receive a slight bonus to their battle odds based on the level of land of the defending nation. Land increases your chances of spy counter-operation success with the following equation: Number of Spies + (Technology Purchased / 20) + (Land Purchased / 70)[/quote]

Nowhere do I see that it provides a population boost.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1335243701' post='2958308']
GOONS has follower alliances?
[/quote]

I dislike naming names, but I can. There is at least one major alliance that has molded its entire ethos around what they think the GOONS represent.

[quote name='Phineas' timestamp='1335244756' post='2958325']
I dislike naming names, but I can. There is at least one major alliance that has molded its entire ethos around what they think the GOONS represent.
[/quote]

Holy crap that does sound like a sucky alliance. :blink:

[quote name='Ravnica' timestamp='1335244707' post='2958322']
Nowhere do I see that it provides a population boost.
[/quote]

Must I teach you people everything?

[quote]Agriculture Development Program - $30,000,000 - Increases land size by 15%, Increases citizen income +$2.00, Increases the citizen-bonus for land from 0.2 to 0.5. Requires 3,000 land purchased, 500 technology.[/quote]

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1335244930' post='2958331']
Holy crap that does sound like a sucky alliance. :blink:
[/quote]

His definition of "major alliance" is very loose and he's referring to Odyssey. :P

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1335229364' post='2958118']

On Non Grata's part, Fark said it was pretty easy to roll over on them. You guys get hit a lot, and never seem to be able to effectively rebuild. Non Grata is definately not one of the "Liked" or popular alliances, and Non Grata has never retained a rebuilding pieriod to themselves. I think you are either 1) Drunk or 2) Extremely confused.

[/quote]

I don't know where this came from, but I can attest that NG was not a soft alliance to fight in the previous war.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1335231686' post='2958175']
Now you just look ridiculous.

I've never bought any land. Do you even know how much it would cost to purchase land at 36k miles? (which was my peak purchased level) I could never afford that !@#$. It literally has all come from fighting/raiding (yes I've gained thousands of miles in nuclear war - thanks FARK).

The land itself is a population boost. A month ago it would provide me with 30k troops. So when I would sit at 1k infra in war I would have close to 47k troops at all times. Plus it's great for defensive spy odds. I was fighting a person with 26k tech at 10k tech a month ago and the guy only got off one spy attack on me.

Additionally, if you think FARK could have been taken down with only NPO and her allies you're mistaken (remember BAPs and OLY were also hit by Sparta). Even with TOP and NoR (NoR was only in for the initial wave) they would not have had enough fighters for the upper tier, especially considering NPO's severe tech disadvantage. NPO were extremely helpful in the lower and middle tiers and fought like champs. There is no denying that.

Care to embarrass yourself further?
[/quote]

I don't believe anyone in Fark holds the opinion that NG is bad at war, just to clarify that. We got quite a sampling of alliances in that last throw down. While some were better than others, anyone claiming we rolled over NG is clearly being silly.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1335135452' post='2957374']
I wasn't aware that he was in Sparta, last I checked which was just before posting this, he was in The Combine.

As for someone that holds a treaty with The Combine, it is interesting to see the New Sith Order's opinion of their ally.
[/quote]
[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1335140100' post='2957432']
Some ally you are.
[/quote]
I assume that Griff was under the impression, like I was, that Incitatus was in Sparta. Furthermore, Griff's opinion isn't indicative of that of the NSO.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335258559' post='2958431']
His definition of "major alliance" is very loose and he's referring to Odyssey. :P
[/quote]

I don't think that was what he meant. If it was, it'd be probably the dumbest thing he ever said. Odyssey has no connection to GOONS. If he's mocking people mocking GOONS, he needs to remember his alliance has more announcements concerning GOONS than Odyssey has days of existence.

Its funny to see people try discrediting the topic due to it being made by Alterego, despite everything he said about GOONS being true. The only argument I've seen people use for why GOONS aren't WAE is they make a nice tech farm, but if all they're good for is a tech farm then I think that just further proves the point Alterego was making with the topic.

While I am no GOONS cheerleader by any means they are far from the worst. They've not got a ton of strength because they've taken stompings even in the wars where they've been on the winning side. They were rolled into dirt in DH/NPO and never have recovered from it. The reps policy is silly and has cost them far more than they ever gained from it but at least they have a policy they stick with it. They have a core group who is willing to stick it out when times get tough and the backing of powerful allies. The worst alliances are never capable of any of those things really. That's why it's just as silly to suggest alliances who attained some very high heights in this world were also worst alliance canidates.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1335296150' post='2958563']
Its funny to see people try discrediting the topic due to it being made by Alterego, despite everything he said about GOONS being true. The only argument I've seen people use for why GOONS aren't WAE is they make a nice tech farm, but if all they're good for is a tech farm then I think that just further proves the point Alterego was making with the topic.
[/quote]

There is also the fact they often average 40-60 people on IRC at a time.