Nordreich announcement

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1328128796' post='2912705']
My question was more of a "why" than a "where", it's sort of uncommon to have 1/6th of your NS leave the AA in a matter of days.
[/quote]
1M + NS, 15 members in 24 hours. The 'why' is not going to be discussed publicly on the OWF by myself or any former members.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1328129479' post='2912714']
1M + NS, 15 members in 24 hours. The 'why' is not going to be discussed publicly on the OWF by myself or any former members.
[/quote]
so, same thing that RoK had, just your ex gov was smart enough to keep their mouths shut when they lost?

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1328129524' post='2912715']
so, same thing that RoK had, just your ex gov was smart enough to keep their mouths shut when they lost?
[/quote]
Out of respect to Kaiser Zeppelin. There was no 'losing' side of anything. Disagreements, that's it.

[/quote]
There was no coup and no one was removed from the alliance, so no, nothing like RoK. I was quite sad to see some of our members leave but if they thought it best I respect their decision. We carry on. We've been through far worse, but you're well acquainted with that.

Let's try keep the thread on topic if we can.

Edited by Captain Flinders

[/quote]
There's a difference between a coup and the standing government still being in place.

[/quote]

Not even in the same ballpark, quit trying to pry stuff away. If you want to know the reasoning then contact the appropriate officials in Nordreich.

**edit** I forgot to mention my congrats to Nordreich on this wise move

Edited by pd73bassman

On one side, I want to say that it's pretty shady to drop an ally because of some internal troubles, a good ally lends a hand or offers support.

On the other, I can't deny the utmost pragmatism in getting the hell away from what is obviously unwanted, inevitable, and unnecessary trouble.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1328142427' post='2912811']
On one side, I want to say that it's pretty shady to drop an ally because of some internal troubles, a good ally lends a hand or offers support.
[/quote]

So we should be expecting to see Legion go help NpO soon

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1328142427' post='2912811']
On one side, I want to say that it's pretty shady to drop an ally because of some internal troubles, a good ally lends a hand or offers support.[/quote]

Well the reality is you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Schatt did a better than average spin job when VE tried to help OV during their last days as he attempted to make us look like NPO pre-Karma when we tried to help them right their ship before they were no more.

On the other hand, it would have been cool if NoR took a "Damn the torpedoes!" approach and hung in there to see where this all lead.

Edited by Bill Wallace

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1328143315' post='2912823']
So we should be expecting to see Legion go help NpO soon
[/quote]

Neither pertinent to the topic nor comparable. The assistance we're providing to our steadfast ally is none of your concern, friend.

Though if we are entertaining notes of aside, I am quite surprised to see you jumping ship. Curious. What's that about?

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1328144326' post='2912844']
Well the reality is you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Schatt did a better than average spin job when VE tried to help OV during their last days as he attempted to make us look like NPO pre-Karma when we tried to help them right their ship before they were no more.

On the other hand, it would have been cool if NoR took a "Damn the torpedoes!" approach and hung in there to see where this all lead.
[/quote]

Indeed, a sticky situation to be sure. I remember that incident quite well. I'm inclined to agree with your second sentiment, but, conservative reactions rule the day, as usual.

Good luck with this path, Nordreich, perhaps once RoK stabilizes you two can resume more positive relations again.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1328087733' post='2912459']
I wouldn't go to any great lengths to help a spastic husk of the alliance I signed the treaty with either.
[/quote]

Than again, you wouldnt go to great lengths to help any alliance you're allied with.

That being said, I hope that you guys stay on decent terms with each other and that you find friendship further down the road once Rok gets resettled.

Good luck.

Edits: Damn typos!

Edited by the damned