This Is The Announcement You're Looking For

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1327910197' post='2910481']
Let us pray that you do not get to suffer harmful consequences for your honorable stance.
[/quote]
No matter, we will deal with the consequences, painful or not, We'll stand by our decision and ride to the end. Or until I have exhausted the last bit of pixel in infra, and money.

again, o/ NATO
o/ RoK
o/ my fellow NATOans for standing up with me, shoulder by shoulder, side by side, and keeping our head high and our spirits live!

Honorable move NATO. Much respect for this.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1327906006' post='2910401']
I respect your decision NATO but

[IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff120/duncanking/Facedesk-1.jpg[/IMG]

This is the second election in a row during which bullets have been flying or about to fly. Wonder if it's a trend. If it is, then the next skirmish will be in the first week of April when we elect our April/May government.

No idea what TFD will be doing when this goes south. Many of us had a lot of fun with MHA and Knights of Ni and are still hung over a month later. We may just cheer from the sidelines. [img]http://foreigndivision.net/Smileys/default/cheer.gif[/img]
[/quote]

DK, I really have a problem with this post. First of all even if you don't plan on helping your ally, announcing it puts them in a weaker position. Why would you do that?

Second, this isn't just a mdoap you have with them, its a DMT. It should be more valuable than what you are demonstrating right now.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1327979162' post='2911200']
DK, I really have a problem with this post. First of all even if you don't plan on helping your ally, announcing it puts them in a weaker position. Why would you do that?

Second, this isn't just a mdoap you have with them, its a DMT. It should be more valuable than what you are demonstrating right now.
[/quote]
Maybe they'd prefer NATO not exercise the optional defense/offense clauses of their treaty with the admittedly chaotic Ragnarok at this time. As an ally, they have a right to request their allies take in their considerations.

The RoK situation is convoluted, at best. Getting too deeply involved risks more than just an alliance's honor or reputation: it means getting involved on one side or the other of a pointed internal conflict.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1327979448' post='2911207']
Maybe they'd prefer NATO not exercise the optional defense/offense clauses of their treaty with the admittedly chaotic Ragnarok at this time. As an ally, they have a right to request their allies take in their considerations.

The RoK situation is convoluted, at best. Getting too deeply involved risks more than just an alliance's honor or reputation: it means getting involved on one side or the other of a pointed internal conflict.
[/quote]
Or maybe DK was just expressing a personal opinion regarding the situation.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best ;)

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1327979448' post='2911207']
[/quote]

Oh they definitely do have the right to urge NATO in the direction they see best, and if they feel NATO shouldn't get in, they should say so. But not in public before everyone else. Its like your grandma in her underwear. You don't want anyone to see it.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1327981140' post='2911240']
Oh they definitely do have the right to urge NATO in the direction they see best, and if they feel NATO shouldn't get in, they should say so. But not in public before everyone else. Its like your grandma in her underwear. You don't want anyone to see it.
[/quote]
Oh I knew someone had a bit of sense above their shoulders. Thanks SCY =) No granny panties wanted around these parts.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1327979162' post='2911200']
Honorable move NATO. Much respect for this.

[/quote]

Sure, we'll watch from the sidelines

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/moy6b.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1327979931' post='2911220']
Or maybe DK was just expressing a personal opinion regarding the situation.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best ;)
[/quote]

Or maybe DK was just saying inflammatory things for fun. :ph34r:

[quote name='gpn777' timestamp='1327981587' post='2911251']
Sure, we'll watch from the sidelines

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/moy6b.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Got my popcorn [img]http://foreigndivision.net/Smileys/default/sign0004.gif[/img] and my beverage [img]http://foreigndivision.net/Smileys/default/party0036.gif[/img] ready to go.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1328004926' post='2911468']
This isn't news. Nobody expects NATO to change from what it has always been.
[/quote]

That statement is vague and opiniated. Please explain the following:

1) What is news?
2) What has NATO always been?