A FAN ANNOUNCEMENT

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1325719384' post='2892723']
meh, silly Jack. You opened the door when you posted, you know how it goes around here. Kinda sucks when the world doesn't just accept everything you say and the capital you had is used and devalued :)

Don't worry Uncle Jack, Brehon still likes ya :)
[/quote]

Brehon, my door is always open and I love how its getting in here. Now then, when do I get back on the radio? :ehm:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Watson895' timestamp='1325697253' post='2892377']
Who said anything about dying? We have a hundred nations under 10k NS able still clearing huge piles of money due to the wonders. We are never going to run out of money, so therefore... never "die". Ever try fighting three nations with no military wonders while you have the whole lot? Let me tell you, it's enjoyable.
[/quote]
So essentially, FAN is an ankle biter alliance now? Move over GOONS!

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1325717712' post='2892687']
Wait, does that mean that the only reason NoR would join in one pre-empt but not the other is because you hate FARK?
[/quote]

nah, your ex-member lord tyrion told us that he would spam naked pictures of himself if we ever attacked NPO again

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325694598' post='2892338']
NoR is a crappy alliance that will jump to any side to win. I haven't seen anything different from them ever. Have fun out there FAN.
[/quote]
Omni go to school and get a history lesson. NoR doesnt jump sides for victory. They held up all their agreements in that war.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325695029' post='2892345']
Except they left DT and NV still in war getting pummeled. FAN believes they done it to them now too. Also, they now seem to be doing the same thing with ASG and LoSS, out of fear of FOK. I don't personally know anyone in NoR, but I have a negative opinion of their alliance.
[/quote]
Fear of FOK not hardly once again you ASSume to much.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325696208' post='2892362']
NoR abandoned their allies (multiple times as Omni has shown above) to join up with FAN/DH on the winning side of the war... The only time they've been on the "losing" side is when they declared on WF in defense of NV, and at that time NV+NoR = 4x the strength of WF, who also had no allies (aside from VE who was fighting Polaris I believe).

And the only reason NoR joined the pre-empt against NPO is because of what NPO did to NoR 1.0, there was no "taking a bullet for FAN." Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.
[/quote]
you dont know !@#$ either. Well ill let NoR explain the original plan if they want too but they never switched sides and they up held their word.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325707372' post='2892494']
I'm so sure you would have. Valhalla wasn't even honoring their own treaties. I'm sure they would have ran straight to war to please you. Either way, it doesn't matter much. I'm just not surprised you haven't helped FAN once bit.
[/quote]
LOL swing and a miss Omni that is strike three. They did help FAN but had to help out NV a little first. NoR never left anyone on the battle field. I guess I missed the quote on the TGE deal, NoR had the backing and chose not to press TGE as they knew it would put their allies in a tough spot. That is what an ally does they put the good of all above personal revenge. If thats a bad ally can i get 10 more just like them please.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325710012' post='2892564']
I was just bringing up cases in which NoR had appeared to leave their friends in the cold. So, I wasn't very surprised to hear another of their allies less than happy with their policies.
[/quote]
They dont leave people in the cold if anything they have been left hung out to dry more than once. I was guilty of that at one time myself and it will never happen again. You dont get better people than NoR.

Sorry to see this Jack.

Except they left DT and NV still in war getting pummeled. FAN believes they done it to them now too. Also, they now seem to be doing the same thing with ASG and LoSS, out of fear of FOK. I don't personally know anyone in NoR, but I have a negative opinion of their alliance.
[/quote]

Since you don't know any of them, why are you passing any kind of judgement? It is speaking volumes about your character and makes any statements by you just a little less relevant. Then again every opinionated comment you have made in here is irrelevant because the facts seem to elude you at a level I've not seen in my entire existence on ol' bob.

Edited by Regent of Omerta

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1325719384' post='2892723']
meh, silly Jack. You opened the door when you posted, you know how it goes around here. Kinda sucks when the world doesn't just accept everything you say and the capital you had is used and devalued :)

Don't worry Uncle Jack, Brehon still likes ya :)
[/quote]
quite literally post of the thread...

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1325722423' post='2892788']
Terrible announcement about two terrible alliances who get more credit than they deserve.
[/quote]
I have no idea how you can feel justified in saying this. I would argue they both deserve the standing they have acheived/fallen to, depending on who you talk to.

Enjoy insulting others though with no basis for your actions.

In terms of Omni's comments, you show a good deal of ignorance.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[/quote]

To be fair they technically couldn't defend NV from Sparta. NOIR and all of that.

[quote name='Lucius Aerilius' timestamp='1325693993' post='2892326']
Also, cancelling on one ally because they got into a fight with your other ally seems childish.
[/quote]

Are you joking? You would be perfectly fine with allies who could not give two !@#$% about putting you in a difficult decision by declaring war on your ally? You know, there was a point when people tried harder than this.

Edited by Baron Flynt

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1325709911' post='2892563']
Omni reminder you're in ODN's Senate now so you're can't slip away with your "simple poster" excuse anymore ;)
[/quote][quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1325710388' post='2892568']
Omni you're opening a can of worms with this post that as an ally I'm just gonna say you shouldn't be !@#$@#$ touching.
[/quote]
You shut your damned mouth, Omni. I'm the Prince, punk.

Anyone in FAN that thought NoR would ever do jack squat without a gun to their head was woefully kidding themselves.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1325724596' post='2892835']
Anyone in FAN that thought NoR would ever do jack squat without a gun to their head was woefully kidding themselves.
[/quote]
FAN attacked with someone who is has problems with NoR. Not exactly something you would expect your ally to help with, especially when you deliberately decided to put yourself in that position.

Terrible announcement about two terrible alliances who get more credit than they deserve.
[/quote]

This coming from GATO. [img]http://fangamers.net/images/smilies/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]http://fangamers.net/images/smilies/gtfou.gif[/img]

[/quote]

This coming from GATO. [img]http://fangamers.net/images/smilies/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]http://fangamers.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif[/img] [img]http://fangamers.net/images/smilies/gtfou.gif[/img]

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1325724934' post='2892842']
FAN attacked with someone who is has problems with NoR. Not exactly something you would expect your ally to help with, especially when you deliberately decided to put yourself in that position.
[/quote]
Do you have access to something showing FAN asking NoR to help them? Because if so, I'd like to see it. Until then, I must assume that what you have to go on is what I have to go on: The info we all know, and the info in the OP. And nowhere--nowhere--in the OP (you can read it [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108104"]here[/url], since you seem not to have) does FAN claim to have asked for NoR's help. The issue, which is clearly laid out in the OP, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108104"]here[/url], is not that NoR is not helping FAN, it's that NoR attacked FAN's ally Fark: One ally of FAN attacking another ally of FAN while FAN is at war.
So again, until you show me where you're getting this idea that "help" is the issue, we can't talk about a whole lot if you're going to make up things.

Edited by Schattenmann

It seems that the only treaties that FAN recognises or expects to be honoured are its own unpublished "gentleman's agreements" to attack NPO (with no apparent benefit in return for those treaty partners). I see no other reason why FAN would begrudge NoR prioritising a published treaty over non-agression against another of its secret treaty partners in Fark. It would also explain why FAN apparently does not understand why it was countered by TPF and NATO, on the basis of their published direct MDP-level treaties with NPO.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1325725437' post='2892849']
Do you have access to something showing FAN asking NoR to help them? Because if so, I'd like to see it. Until then, I must assume that what you have to go on is what I have to go on: The info we all know, and the info in the OP. And nowhere--nowhere--in the OP (you can read it [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108104"]here[/url], since you seem not to have) does FAN claim to have asked for NoR's help. The issue, which is clearly laid out in the OP, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108104"]here[/url], is not that NoR is not helping FAN, it's that NoR attacked FAN's ally Fark: One ally of FAN attacking another ally of FAN while FAN is at war.
So again, until you show me where you're getting this idea that "help" is the issue, we can't talk about a whole lot if you're going to make up things.[/quote]
I think we both misinterpreted the other.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1325708327' post='2892519']
If you really know what went on in that situation, you know that we specifically didn't go to war due to the possible ramifications for our allies. If we could have kept the war contained NoR would have loved to charge into battle against TGE, and hell maybe even INT. That's why we came to FOK (TGE's keeper at the time) with our grievances. When it became apparent that an attack would mean putting our allies in a tough position, we set our short term pleasure aside for the continued prosperity of our allies. Did we shy away from that war? Sure. And it was the right decision. That TGE imploded on itself without any NoR influence anyway.

[/quote]

So you didn't attack TGE because you were afraid of what [s]might[/s] would have happened to NoR, but what would have happened to your allies? Well bless your little socks.

While I think this announcement was overblown and FAN shouldn't have overreacted since they should have known how the political scene was turning out, if NoR held a grudge against Fark for the incident, why does RoK still hold a treaty with Fark? I say this with keeping in mind that I hold the deepest respect for NoR. I don't really think the two alliances on FAN were needed, so I don't know why there was a necessity for NoR to hit Fark outside of the Croc issue.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1325722556' post='2892792']
I have no idea how you can feel justified in saying this. I would argue they both deserve the standing they have acheived/fallen to, depending on who you talk to.

Enjoy insulting others though with no basis for your actions.

In terms of Omni's comments, you show a good deal of ignorance.
[/quote]

Ask any NPOer about NoR or FAN's performance during the war earlier in the year. There's your basis. We even had a topic wondering if anyone at all had come up against a decent foe from NoR and if I remember correctly, the final tally was in the single digits region.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1325727827' post='2892886']
Ask any NPOer about NoR or FAN's performance during the war earlier in the year. There's your basis.
[/quote]

Then why is 10m NS on FAN? lol

Also to be fair to FAN, they've also attacked IRON in the past to help Fark and NoR defended them then.

So Charles, why are two fully fledged alliances on FAN if their performance was so bad? Why did NPO call in such overkill when they had willingly absorbed them earlier in the year?

Edited by Roquentin