A FAN ANNOUNCEMENT

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1325694865' post='2892343']
I disagree. Nor jumped in on the NPO front for FAN last war despite already fighting for their other allies.

They are also far more militarily competent than FAN.
[/quote]

NoR abandoned their allies (multiple times as Omni has shown above) to join up with FAN/DH on the winning side of the war... The only time they've been on the "losing" side is when they declared on WF in defense of NV, and at that time NV+NoR = 4x the strength of WF, who also had no allies (aside from VE who was fighting Polaris I believe).

And the only reason NoR joined the pre-empt against NPO is because of what NPO did to NoR 1.0, there was no "taking a bullet for FAN." Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1325694163' post='2892329']
You are on the right track but let me spell it out for you...FAN and FARK chose to die side by side.
[/quote]

I guess paperless treaties don’t work either.

Don’t die on us FAN!

[quote name='Princess Doomee' timestamp='1325694564' post='2892336']
This is NOT a treaty cancellation. It is a mere statement of fact.
[/quote]

Haha, ok.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325694578' post='2892337']
So if Hooligans declared war on the Legion and Umbrella declared on TLR, you wouldn't be mad? Because NoR isn't allied to NPO at all just like Umbrella isn't allied to the Legion.
[/quote]

Comparisons made between blocs other than CnG and CnG don't ever work out, so don't bother attempting to do so.

Also, everyone who jumped into this mess in support of Farks ridiculous preempt of Pacifica hae a pretty clear idea what the fallout would entail. I don't get the blame laying everywhere except on Fark, who rather idiotically set this entire sequence into motion. The rolling of MHA, the pounding of Sparta, etc. Be mad at your blocmate/ally in Fark, but stop trying to pass the blame onto the rest of us.

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1325695129' post='2892346']
I was thinking the exact same thing.
[/quote]
As was I.

And as someone who actually has talked to people in NoR, I haven't found them to be all that bad. Maybe they just didn't want to attack NPO yet again, especially after so many relationships have been mended that people in the old Athens, NAAC, etc. have treatied them.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1325693093' post='2892312']
Congratulations to NoR.

FAN, remember you chose to die beside FARK.
[/quote]
Who said anything about dying? We have a hundred nations under 10k NS able still clearing huge piles of money due to the wonders. We are never going to run out of money, so therefore... never "die". Ever try fighting three nations with no military wonders while you have the whole lot? Let me tell you, it's enjoyable.

I gained a slight liking for FAN due to their tenacity against the NPO while I was in Vox Populi and due to the diplomatic efforts of a member of yours while I was in NONE. But I really do not understand why you think your recent course of action is worthwhile. Not that I'm entitled to by any means, but you should at least know you aren't winning me over with these kind of obscure announcements.

We were disappointed to see a friendship between FAN and FARK, after the stunt FARK pulled on us. No other alliance but FAN knows the sweet taste of vengeance. While it saddened us that our friends in FAN were on 'the other side', we know you can't always keep everyone happy.

FAN, too bad you feel this way. Good luck on your future travels and may your partnership with FARK provides you with what you need. See you on D-day.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325694598' post='2892338']
[s]NoR[/s]Omni is a crappy [s]alliance[/s]player that will jump to any [s]side[/s]alliance to [s]win[/s]seem important. I haven't seen anything different from [s]them[/s]him ever.
[/quote]
fixed it for you

It's already january 4, you better start hopping from AA to AA or you may not be able to break your 2011 record.

NoR is a crappy alliance that will jump to any side to win. I haven't seen anything different from them ever. Have fun out there FAN.
[/quote]
Then you must not have been here very long. A large chunk of our membership not only fought a losing war, but were securely on perma-ZI/eternal-ZI lists when those there the cool thing to do. Don't be upset because we're doing better this time around.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325696208' post='2892362']
NoR abandoned their allies (multiple times as Omni has shown above) to join up with FAN/DH on the winning side of the war...[/quote]
I really hope most people are not dumb enough to think it went down this way. Our allies [b]literally[/b] said "we got this, go beat up NPO" after we absolutely crippled wF. Hell, we even considered jumping back in the fray with DT when the CSN reps business started getting out of hand.

[quote]And the only reason NoR joined the pre-empt against NPO is because of what NPO did to NoR 1.0, there was no "taking a bullet for FAN." Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.
[/quote]
You'll find NPO hate is far and few between in NoR. There are maybe a handful of members who have been here long enough to have beef with the NPO. The NPO never comes up in conversation so yes, NoR went to war against the NPO largely for FAN.

Which makes this announcement pretty crappy as I still do like FAN's style. The no nonsense stick to your guns approach always did appeal to me. But if you're throwing your lot in with FARK, an alliance that openly threatened us not too long ago, then maybe we're just not seeing eye to eye anymore.

Good luck on whatever path you choose from here on out FAN.

Edited by Captain Flinders

I like FAN, they nuked me every day of this conflict, doubled my casualty count and rid me of all that pesky infra <3

I also like NoR, standup bunch and allies of allies, good fighters.

Ergo, this announcement sucks, hopefully you guys patch things up in the future.

o/ FAN
o/ NoR

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1325693596' post='2892320']
It seems to me that your only interests in this game are to attack NPO over and over again.
[/quote]
They're what you call a one-trick pony [img]http://forums.theimperialassault.com/style_emoticons/default/stagger.gif[/img]

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325695029' post='2892345']
Except they left DT and NV still in war getting pummeled. FAN believes they done it to them now too. Also, they now seem to be doing the same thing with ASG and LoSS, out of fear of FOK. I don't personally know anyone in NoR, but I have a negative opinion of their alliance.
[/quote]

Wow, you couldn't be more clueless about all of this unless you were purposely trying. NV and VE both wanted the Wf front closed because of the ally hitting ally scenario so don't even try to say we left them on the battlefield because that is a straight up lie. Why don't you take a minute and ask Centurius if we left them out to dry and see what happens. As for DT, again you can approach their government and ask the same thing before you come here to run your mouth. I bet they will also let you know that if another alliance had tried to bandwagon on that front we would have been there in a second along with Valhalla.

I understand you don't like my alliance, that's cool with me but don't come here and accuse us of stuff when you are clearly misinformed because it makes you look like a fool.

As for FAN, I am sorry it had to come to this but they chose their own path and I can only wish them nothing but luck in their future endeavors.

NoR is a crappy alliance that will jump to any side to win. I haven't seen anything different from them ever. Have fun out there FAN.
[/quote]

I usually don't agree with this guy, but when I do, I totally agree with him.

[quote name='Exige' timestamp='1325700206' post='2892409']
fixed it for you

It's already january 4, you better start hopping from AA to AA or you may not be able to break your 2011 record.
[/quote]

You're right, I run to the winning side. I didn't get smashed for defending Polar last war. Either way that doesn't excuse your long record of jumping to the winning side.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1325700733' post='2892413']
Then you must not have been here very long. A large chunk of our membership not only fought a losing war, but were securely on perma-ZI/eternal-ZI lists when those there the cool thing to do. Don't be upset because we're doing better this time around. [/quote]

You pissed of people in, Q. That makes you so brave since several other alliances done it. I'm such saying I have never seen. since your reform, your alliance go out on a limb for one of your allies. I have seen you run away from war several times though; Starting with the TGE thing, continuing on through last war when you left RoK, DT, NV, and several others on the battlefield, and now this war where it appears you're once again afraid of FOK as I mentioned.

If you'd like to present some evidence to the contrary, or a situation in which you did go out on a limb for one of your allies feel free. My opinion is in no way set in stone, and I only know what I see.

[quote]
I really hope most people are not dumb enough to think it went down this way. Our allies [b]literally[/b] said "we got this, go beat up NPO" after we absolutely crippled wF. Hell, we even considered jumping back in the fray with DT when the CSN reps business started getting out of hand. [/quote]

And it's the thought that counts right? You thought about it so you basically done it. :awesome:

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1325706507' post='2892479']
I bet they will also let you know that if another alliance had tried to bandwagon on that front we would have been there in a second along with Valhalla.
[/quote]

I'm so sure you would have. Valhalla wasn't even honoring their own treaties. I'm sure they would have ran straight to war to please you. Either way, it doesn't matter much. I'm just not surprised you haven't helped FAN once bit.

Edited by Omniscient1