MCXA Declaration of Neutrality

[quote name='JazAce' timestamp='1323868098' post='2877717']
Bro, watch it again, I think you missed the end when they all died. But otherwise sure, you proved my point, sometimes winning isn't the reason you go to war, because sometimes you can accomplish other goals by fighting and losing. Like in 300. Where they all died. That's like Zero Infrastructure and deleting their nations. Dead. Accomplished other goals (e.g providing time for others to assemble forces, or showing that the "God King" could bleed). But died. So lost.
[/quote]
Don't call me bro, bro. I ain't your bro.

No the Spartans on the day died, but by delaying the Persian advance long enough for the Spartan and Greek City states to raise their army and finally defeat the persians. Therefore won.

If you're going to compare what you're doing to a historical context then I'd suggest something more like MCXA being Luxembourg defending against Germany at the outbreak of war. A minor inconvenience.

Bro

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1323845825' post='2877569']
Look, nobody ever wants to fight a fair fight. That's stupid. If I'm going into a fight, I'm going in with overwhelming odds if I can help it. That's the way strategy works. Yes, we called in allies on MCXA. Was it because we were losing? We were scared? No, we weren't losing, but yes, we were scared. Words scare us. We're practically illiterate over at Europa. That's beside the point.

We called in allies on MCXA to get them out of the war as fast as possible so we could move on to another front and help yet another ally. We have nothing against the average member of MCXA, but when SCY is your spokesperson (Official or not, that's the way we all view it), we start to see you as his little cronies. I'm not doubting the courage of the average MCXAer, but what I'm doubting severely is their government's competence and knowledge of when to cut their losses. This goes for the whole Sentinel coalition. Sure, we called on you to surrender, but that's because [i]you're losing[/i]. Yes SCY, I understand that there's more to war than winning (like losing), but at the end of the day, you have to ask what you're really fighting for. At the end of the day, you're fighting to defend NpO against well-earned retribution from those effected most by their past actions. So, if you can seriously look at this situation and say "Hey, I agree with what NpO did, I think this cause is worth losing my nation/alliance/bloc for", then bravo, you're well on your way to ZI. But if it isn't worth it, then it's time to discuss leaving this war. With each day comes more future reparations thrust upon your alliances. We, not you, are in this for the long haul.

Sure, you can find isolated incidents of BFF nations that suck at war. Hell, I'll admit I'm not the best at it. But overall, our nations were better prepared for this fight than yours. UPN got out of a curbstomp not long ago, so they're off the hook, but the rest of you have absolutely no excuse. Sentinel is nothing but quicksand slowing us down. We will prevail, and it's time to cut your losses and call it a day.

Or you can continue to fight and lose your strength and [i]any [/i]prospect of leaving this war without paying reparations for the "glory" of defending Polaris. Either way, we're content to sit here and pound you. We were bored, and my bills were getting too expensive anyway.

Edit: Grammother
[/quote]

1. Sometimes in wars your plans don't work out. You should know this by now.

2. Its less than a week in for us, stop calling for peace, we've only begun to fight.

3. Its really foolish for an alliance who ghost declared on us to call for reps. Then again I wouldn't expect anything better from you.

4. You do not get to decide why MCXA as at war. MCXA gets to do that, and MCXA is in this war for GDA.

5. An alliance who has had such a pathetic performance as Europa this war, doesn't get to call into question the competence of others. We are many times more competent than you are.

6. Don't complain about your lack of ability to help out other allies. First Europa isn't doing the fighting for BFF, that is all FEAR and NEW who are doing good jobs. Europa could disappear on this front and very few people would even noticed. So, what you're really concerned about is not getting to call your allies in on some one else. However, this was the decision you made when you called in everyone on us. You could have had just INT and DB4d counter MCXA and that would have been enough to change the tides in this front, but you sent everyone at us instead. I'm not complaining, but I'm pointing out that because you sent certain alliances MCXA's way means you can't send them other ways.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1323845825' post='2877569']
-snip-
[/quote]

MCXA is fighting for her allies in GDA, they don't give a $%$% about Polar. They will only leave when all of their allies on that front get peace.

This has been expressed to me before the war and countless times since its started.

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1323878088' post='2877821']
MCXA is fighting for her allies in GDA, they don't give a $%$% about Polar. They will only leave when all of their allies on that front get peace.

This has been expressed to me before the war and countless times since its started.
[/quote]

GDA for eternal war 2011.

I respect MCXA decision to defend her friend. I know how it feels to be stick with your friend when you're outnumbered.

Personally I never under estimated MCXA fighting abilities, so far you guys fight awesomely well in this war, with a few individual exception. That's why I thought fighting you guys in a friendly duel 1 on 1 w/o any help from any allies is gonna be awesome, not because we wanna who's the best, but because its gonna be fun. Nuff said, we can talk about this in more private channel later

I just point out to inconsistency SCY have shown by whining about how you guys were outnumbered in this front. Yes, there is more than winning...so why complaining?

Let's enjoy this

:beer:

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1323877960' post='2877819']
1. Sometimes in wars your plans don't work out. You should know this by now.

2. Its less than a week in for us, stop calling for peace, we've only begun to fight.

3. Its really foolish for an alliance who ghost declared on us to call for reps. Then again I wouldn't expect anything better from you.

4. You do not get to decide why MCXA as at war. MCXA gets to do that, and MCXA is in this war for GDA.

5. An alliance who has had such a pathetic performance as Europa this war, doesn't get to call into question the competence of others. We are many times more competent than you are.

6. Don't complain about your lack of ability to help out other allies. First Europa isn't doing the fighting for BFF, that is all FEAR and NEW who are doing good jobs. Europa could disappear on this front and very few people would even noticed. So, what you're really concerned about is not getting to call your allies in on some one else. However, this was the decision you made when you called in everyone on us. You could have had just INT and DB4d counter MCXA and that would have been enough to change the tides in this front, but you sent everyone at us instead. I'm not complaining, but I'm pointing out that because you sent certain alliances MCXA's way means you can't send them other ways.
[/quote]
1. My plans typically work out fine.
2. Your loss dude, You arn't going to win this, you're only delaying the inevitable.
3. I don't think you know what a ghost dec is, regardless, GOONS will not be asking for reps from you pathetic sacks, we are nothing if not consistent in our application of our reps policy.
4. And GDA is burning to the ground and there's nothing you can do about that except surrender, good work hero.
5. You? More compitant than Europa? That's laughable. You did a great job spying away my non-existent cruise missiles on the first day of the war. Additionally your comments about their offensive war count are moot, it's not their fault that there is a paucity of slots, and can't declare from nuclear anarchy.
6. So self centered, it's not like you're a major factor in this war. I suppose Im surprised you didn't fold already.

Sardonic, I find it best to [i]not[/i] point out inadequacies to our foes. It's much better to laugh about them in private with ourselves and our allies and leave the enemy wondering why we're kicking their asses.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1323884444' post='2877874']
Sardonic, I find it best to [i]not[/i] point out inadequacies to our foes. It's much better to laugh about them in private with ourselves and our allies and leave the enemy wondering why we're kicking their asses.
[/quote]

This is normally fun, but with this lot it's more like laughing at a dead cripple, gotta have some pity.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1323883800' post='2877867']
1. My plans typically work out fine.[/quote]
According to Europa your plans working depend on us getting out soon, you're plans are going to fail this time.

[quote]2. Your loss dude, You arn't going to win this, you're only delaying the inevitable.[/quote]

Unlike you GOONS, I can see the value of sacrificing for my allies.

[quote]3. I don't think you know what a ghost dec is, regardless, GOONS will not be asking for reps from you pathetic sacks, we are nothing if not consistent in our application of our reps policy.[/quote]

Your dog Europa hasn't seemed to get the message.

[quote]4. And GDA is burning to the ground and there's nothing you can do about that except surrender, good work hero.[/quote]

Nah, we tied up NEW pretty decently. There's a reason you guys had to declare on GDA.

[quote]5. You? More compitant than Europa? That's laughable. You did a great job spying away my non-existent cruise missiles on the first day of the war. Additionally your comments about their offensive war count are moot, it's not their fault that there is a paucity of slots, and can't declare from nuclear anarchy.[/quote]

That's funny, GOONS, Db4d, lsf, INT, and WFF were able to find slots. Perhaps you should send some of your members down to Europa and teach them how to find these slots?

And do you really want to bring up the cruise missiles? I miss clicked, whoop de freaking doo. But lets compare how we're doing against each other. You started off with a 10K NS advantage. Your nation is twice as old as mine. You have a WRC that I do not have, and many other wonders I don't have. I've got six wars and you simply have two offensive ones. However, you made the mistake of buying a lot of infra without the tech to back it up, and therefore I'm still winning my GAs on you ever day.

[quote]6. So self centered, it's not like you're a major factor in this war. I suppose Im surprised you didn't fold already.
[/quote]

I never claimed to be a major force in this war, I simply pointed out that it is Europa's decisions that don't allow them to help whoever they want to help.

Sardonic don't start joining in on the petulant posting of some of your members. I'd like to be able to have some respect for you, even if your alliance's posters acts like a bunch of children.

[quote name='Sang Amurwabhumi' timestamp='1323883318' post='2877861']
I respect MCXA decision to defend her friend. I know how it feels to be stick with your friend when you're outnumbered.

Personally I never under estimated MCXA fighting abilities, so far you guys fight awesomely well in this war, with a few individual exception. That's why I thought fighting you guys in a friendly duel 1 on 1 w/o any help from any allies is gonna be awesome, not because we wanna who's the best, but because its gonna be fun. Nuff said, we can talk about this in more private channel later

I just point out to inconsistency SCY have shown by whining about how you guys were outnumbered in this front. Yes, there is more than winning...so why complaining?

Let's enjoy this

:beer:
[/quote]

Fighting you guys one on one would be a lot of fun. However, we wouldn't be able to be there for our allies if something were to happen while we did so. However, do catch me on IRC some time.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1323885851' post='2877889']
According to Europa your plans working depend on us getting out soon, you're plans are going to fail this time.
[/quote]

I don't know where you got that crap from. As you recall, we offered you a way out [i]before[/i] GOONS got involved. And the offer last week was made to facilitate [i]our[/i] plans, not GOONS.

Edited by O-Dog

[quote name='O-Dog' timestamp='1323886343' post='2877894']
I don't know where you got that crap from. As you recaill, we offered you a way out [i]before[/i] GOONS got involved. And the offer last week was made to facilitate [i]our[/i] plans, not GOONS.
[/quote]

Perhaps you and GOONS should get on the same page then?

Everyone still involved in this conversation is doing a disservice to themselves. Knowing both parties pretty well, I know that you are better than this. I do not see a point in carrying it on, all you are doing is wasting your time discussing semantics, and subjective points.

We made our position clear, that we are not leaving an ally behind -- BFF made it clear that they are "happy to pound us." Well looks like we are all happy.

Furthermore UPN is not claiming that we have a chance of winning the war, however we joined out of loyalty, to our friends. We had several offers to jump ship and allign ourselves with other power spheres, however we are not ones to leave a friend behind when they are in trouble. Why would we back out now? We knew this was coming for months. If our attitude makes us objectively bad BFF... so be it. This applies to Sentinel+Allies as a whole, nobody claimed that we will win this war. People made their intentions clear, that they are defending their allies. tl;dr We did not join to win, we aim to cause an inconvenience.

Why continue the redundant discussion? I beg you all, to stop with the trivial !@#$%^&*. :rolleyes:

Lets just fight it out and enjoy the war. Peace out.

Edited by Robster83

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1323885851' post='2877889']
[/quote]
Hardly, just because there's other fronts we could be on doesn't mean we're in any rush to close out this one.
[quote]
Unlike you GOONS, I can see the value of sacrificing for my allies.
[/quote]
GOONS does not consider fighting for our allies "Sacrificing". Any one of them can attest our willingness to fight. That said, we would never shirk our obligations were any of our allies involved in a losing defensive conflict.
[quote]
Your dog Europa hasn't seemed to get the message.
[/quote]
You might consider your allies 'pets' but I do not.
[quote]
Nah, we tied up NEW pretty decently. There's a reason you guys had to declare on GDA.
[/quote]
Don't flatter yourselves, you are not a military power.

[quote]
That's funny, GOONS, Db4d, lsf, INT, and WFF were able to find slots. Perhaps you should send some of your members down to Europa and teach them how to find these slots?
[/quote]
GOONS and Europa are at different ranges, this is a concept perhaps you should learn about. For example, it's why Umbrella can only tear your top nations to pieces.

[quote]
Sardonic don't start joining in on the petulant posting of some of your members. I'd like to be able to have some respect for you, even if your alliance's posters acts like a bunch of children.
[/quote]
You have absolutely no room to call my posters a bunch of children, yours are thrice as bad.

All bickering aside, I do indeed enjoy fighting MCXA (far more than I enjoyed making our target list <_< )

MCXA is taking a massive beating. I would personally like to see a surrender soon just for their sake, but the fact that they haven't surrendered yet under the weight of all of us is a testament to how much they've matured since our last war imo.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1323898850' post='2878021']
All bickering aside, I do indeed enjoy fighting MCXA (far more than I enjoyed making our target list <_< )

MCXA is taking a massive beating. I would personally like to see a surrender soon just for their sake, but the fact that they haven't surrendered yet under the weight of all of us is a testament to how much they've matured since our last war imo.
[/quote]
or their determination to not look like a joke again

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1323885942' post='2877890']
Fighting you guys one on one would be a lot of fun. However, we wouldn't be able to be there for our allies if something were to happen while we did so. However, do catch me on IRC some time.
[/quote]

Ach..
You just made me sad, it would be good fun and would entertain both of our alliances. Good luck for our alliances in the future then :)

Shout out for my current opponents, got 5 active slots really fun. Thank you for casualties guys, special greet for darkhjustice of Lunaire, your SDI is the best i've ever encountered in my CN career. Please PM me for your secret way to have that super awesome SDI :awesome:

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1323887975' post='2877908']
Why continue the redundant discussion? I beg you all, to stop with the trivial !@#$%^&*. :rolleyes:
Lets just fight it out and enjoy the war. Peace out.
[/quote]

Gonna have to agree with Robster here.

[quote name='CBray' timestamp='1323898713' post='2878019']
Europa aren't the pets of GOONS, no no no.

Europa are the pets of FEAR
[/quote]

I take offense to that. We're clearly the pets of Wolfpack. Dead. Ass. Serious.