The Inevitable "Name This War" thread

shahenshah

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Botha' timestamp='1323301439' post='2867861']
[color="#000080"]How about [b]The Great Cruise Missile War[/b]?

...or at least the NoR-RIA portion of it.[/color]
[/quote]
lol Thats true.

btw the only thing north about you is that you are North of the Western Cape lol. :P

Edited by morrison

[quote name='morrison' timestamp='1323429361' post='2870813']btw the only thing north about you is that you are North of the Western Cape lol. :P[/quote]

;) [color="#000080"]LOL, yeah greetings from NoR's [i]Deutsches Afrikakorps[/i].[/color]

There is some symmetry for Winter War. Winter comes before spring at the end of the year (unless you are in the S. Hemisphere, but nobody cares about you). I would like to think that this war is the start of a new era.

Grudge match sounds much more appropriate when you look at the new DoWs...

GOONS on NPL
DT on CSN

In addition to the other ones (TOP/Polar, FAN/NPO, and others I'm forgetting I'm sure).

As for the pro-"winter war" name ... People were saying "Winter is Coming" because thats from Game of Thrones, if you really think that the last six months (and the mjolnir bloc motto) were about this war coming in wintertime (Which isn't necessarily a good or bad thing, just fyi thats the reference). Game of Thrones season 1 was on HBO this summer and thats when the "winter is coming' jokes started.