North Atlantic Foreign Divide

dev0win

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1321821326' post='2847587']
Be careful what you wish for laddie, NG isnt known for their thick skin and compassion.
[/quote]
Thats all good and well, but we decided to have a little fun with the game during a lull. We continue with the theatrics because its fun, and we knew some of the nations who take themselves too seriously would get all flustered. Someone's going to start a war over that? Ha. Bring it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='OrangeBeard' timestamp='1321857667' post='2847963']
Thats all good and well, but we decided to have a little fun with the game during a lull. We continue with the theatrics because its fun, and we knew some of the nations who take themselves too seriously would get all flustered. Someone's going to start a war over that? Ha. Bring it.
[/quote]
Geez, it was an offhand remark. No need to overreact.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1321852719' post='2847818']
So, you concede that you misjudged Legion's competence, and you have not paid any attention to NATO since Karma because of our low profile. The latter is perfectly understandable given we haven't *done* anthing particularly controversial (apart from honouring our treaties), but it does seem that you are not in a credible position be able to make an accurate up-to-date assessment of our character or competence. Perhaps our friends and allies are in a better position ;)
[/quote]

I didn't misjudge Legion's competence. Legion finally became somewhat competent, after years and years of being wholly incompetent. As for your current competence, I think this announcement attests to that all on its own without my ponderous opinion being given one way or the other.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1321847240' post='2847746']
As far as I've seen, NATO hasn't actually *done* anything of interest since the days of your treaty-spamming, ally-abandoning ways in the Continuum. So yes, it happened years ago. But it's also all that I have to judge you on at all.
[/quote]

We didn't leave our AA's in the middle of being Gov to form a crappy micro to DoW an even crappier AA only to get shut down hard, so no, we didn't hit Londo levels of accomplishment.

/golf clap for your accomplishments since Karma.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1321861937' post='2848015']
I didn't misjudge Legion's competence. Legion finally became somewhat competent, after years and years of being wholly incompetent. As for your current competence, I think this announcement attests to that all on its own without my ponderous opinion being given one way or the other.
[/quote]

Now I really would like to see how you tie all this together. How does making a fun announcment about two teams of 15 DoWing eachother for [i][u][b]fun[/b][/u][/i]in any way reflect actual competence/incompetence?

I am curious, because if you feel they aren't fighting to your standards, they are less than 10% of our combined alliances, so drawing a conclusion based on the actions of 10% seems stupid.

Also, the announcement by itself can't prove competence/incompetence because it's not a military/nation building metric, just a forum post.

You don't have any knowledge of us from 2-3 years ago as per your own words, so please enlighten me as to your logic.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1321840283' post='2847716']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=32762

Come again?
[/quote]

Compare those to the terms NPO got and tell me it is abuse. losing a war does not mean you were abused, it means you lost. Happened to us before, happened to you before. if this is the way it is supposed to be, everyone would be moaning and crying about some war from the past. But as usual, it is only the same CERTAIN alliances doing it, moaning about their severe and total beat down by NPO yeeears ago. But please, continue to keep trying to shove every kid on the play ground hoping to stir up a fight. perhaps the self-esteem you are looking for will be found in the continued belittling of others who don't follow in your pitiful mold.

I will agree that I saw no point in a statement on these forums about these war games. you got us there. lessons learned for our current leadership who were only trying to have some fun. Gotta remember that if we want to have a party to only let our friends know. Otherwise the sociopathic old coot from down the street comes by and pees in the punch as always.

Plus I don't see NATO's name on that anywhere. you bitter "guilty by association" types need to grow some short hairs.

/rant over, not worth it
//everyone have a nice short week!

[quote name='Lenny N Karl' timestamp='1321883144' post='2848088']
Compare those to the terms NPO got and tell me it is abuse. losing a war does not mean you were abused, it means you lost. Happened to us before, happened to you before. if this is the way it is supposed to be, everyone would be moaning and crying about some war from the past. But as usual, it is only the same CERTAIN alliances doing it, moaning about their severe and total beat down by NPO yeeears ago. But please, continue to keep trying to shove every kid on the play ground hoping to stir up a fight. perhaps the self-esteem you are looking for will be found in the continued belittling of others who don't follow in your pitiful mold.

I will agree that I saw no point in a statement on these forums about these war games. you got us there. lessons learned for our current leadership who were only trying to have some fun. Gotta remember that if we want to have a party to only let our friends know. Otherwise the sociopathic old coot from down the street comes by and pees in the punch as always.

Plus I don't see NATO's name on that anywhere. you bitter "guilty by association" types need to grow some short hairs.

/rant over, not worth it
[/quote]

The OWF is a terrible place.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1321831928' post='2847666']
It is one thing for a ruler to rightly act as though he is leading his nation, however it is quite another to dress up a mundane activity such as a wargame and present it to the public as a dual civil war. A civil war that, according to your friend, everyone already knew was a wargame. So what was the point again?
[/quote]
:mellow: . . . If you don't know what "wargames" means, then vacate the premises. Creating a scenario and then acting it out is exactly what a wargame is.

Almost everyone else who was actively involved in the abuses of Continuum has been brought to justice. NPO themselves paid for what they did, and then others made them pay yet again. I have considered the score with NPO settled since the end of Karma terms. I consider several NPO members to be friends now. I am in fact, currently fighting a nuclear war in defense of the NPO. But NATO never really paid the price.[/quote]
The idea that NATO hasn't paid yet because they surrendered when you guys allowed them to is assinine.
I consider several NPO members to be friends now. [/quote]
Maybe that's where you're getting these notions that an alliance still owes blood for things that happened 3 years ago and after they've already been at war over it once. There's maybe one guy that still has legit pre-Karma beef with NATO: [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=478550"]This guy[/url]. Everyone else got their shot.

Anyway, friends with NPO is old hat
[img]http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/11303/11574571.jpg[/img]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=65853"]Red Dawn[/url], baby.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1321873126' post='2848058']
We didn't leave our AA's in the middle of being Gov to form a crappy micro to DoW an even crappier AA only to get shut down hard, so no, we didn't hit Londo levels of accomplishment.

/golf clap for your accomplishments since Karma.
[/quote]

You're just jealous that you can't dance like Londo Jackson. ;)

/thriller

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1321873730' post='2848060']
I am curious, because if you feel they aren't fighting to your standards, they are less than 10% of our combined alliances, so drawing a conclusion based on the actions of 10% seems stupid.[/quote]

The fact that less than 10% of your alliance is fighting is the point.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1321873730' post='2848060']
Also, the announcement by itself can't prove competence/incompetence because it's not a military/nation building metric, just a forum post.[/quote]

Yes because clearly, the ONLY thing that has ever decided ANYthing on Planet Bob is people following directions and clicking buttons like good little boys and girls, and public representation of oneself has no bearing on success. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1321895205' post='2848178']

The fact that less than 10% of your alliance is fighting is the point.

[/quote]

My point was only 2 teams of 15 were chosen, it wasn't a mandatory alliance wide war-game. It's not like war orders went out to everyone and only a few people managed to string together a blitz, it was planned to be small-scale and voluntary.

Hence, your point is invalid.

[quote name='Lenny N Karl' timestamp='1321883144' post='2848088']

/rant over, not worth it
[/quote]

No kidding "noCB" is the most overrated joke of supposed abuse around for most of the people that were involved in it. Only Polar got harsh treatment in that one and that still pales compared to what happens in every major war since. The CnG front fought for less than two weeks and then got relatively light terms compared to the ones they gave out after months of war once they got the upper hand. I am not even sure if the Athens front in that one was nuclear. I only fought one Athens member then, he turtled and never even launched a cm at me. I didn't nuke him or anyone else that war.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1321686237' post='2846805']
Please, burn each other to the ground!

However, if necessary, I'm willing to intermediate peace between your two alliances, in the name of Allah.
[/quote]

Delay have mercy on their souls.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1321914626' post='2848349']
The CnG front fought for [b]less than two weeks and then got relatively light terms[/b] compared to the ones they gave out after months of war once they got the upper hand. [b]I am not even sure if the Athens front in that one was nuclear.[/b] I only fought one Athens member then, he turtled and never even launched a cm at me. I didn't nuke him or anyone else that war.[/quote]

roughly two rounds/12k free tech/believe it was nuclear....

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1321942371' post='2848735']
You do realize that 12k tech was around half of the tech Athens had at the time, right?[/quote]

Yeah I do seeing as I was basically the MoD of Athens at that time and it was around 80%+ if memory serves me correctly. I'm not arguing that it wasn't harsh, I was just clearing up what Vol Navy said.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1321705710' post='2846892']
[OOC] Shouldn't all rage here be inauthentic? I don't really see what the problem is with role-playing in a political simulator [/OOC]
[/quote]
That... Is an excellent point. And good for a giggle. Sir, I applaud you ^_^

Anywho, I'm also with Pansy... Don't raise the GRL... It'll make all of Bob sad :(