North Atlantic Foreign Divide

dev0win

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1321713614' post='2846915']
Thanks for clearing that up DK, Wargames without nukes totally strikes me as "Raid practice"

Hell NATO, if you wanted a test/break from the norm, I could have found you some people willing to smash your infra around for a couple of weeks.
[/quote]

We kind of wanted the looted tech and cash to stay in nato or tfd ;)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1321705700' post='2846891']
I call shens on all this.

Edit: 2 alliances totaling ~210 nations. 9 wars. This was seriously neither clever nor well played out. Even Legion could have staged this better. Its time for a new WAE vote I think.
[/quote]

I dont understand where you are getting that this is a full out war of all members, if you read the OP you'd understand this is a civil strife between a few select members trying to defend TTFD's sovereignty with the aid of some of us NATOans who value their existence as well as the principles NATO once had against a minority group in the NATO membership trying to do things the wrong way. The rest have either remained neutral to the conflict or are just waiting for us to bring down the corrupt government.

OOC/ yeah I still like the role play, the theme these war games went along with are pretty nice if you ask me and as such I shall exploit them/ OOC

DK, do you tell kids going in to see Harry Potter movies how magic isn't real and that the Easter bunny is just a metaphorical construct representing the rebirth of life and the procession of seasons? Having fun is supposed to be, you know, fun.

Now I can't post my rebuttal about the fact that DevZero changed the SG voting numbers on the last day to give him his 3 vote win? Or how he deleted my campaign posts and tricked everyone by posting an election statement saying neither of us were campaigning because we 'respect' each other and would both be participating regardless of the vote? Or how he posted the TFD disband rumor on CNtel just so he could attempt a hostile takeover?

Cho Chang is sad now.

I suspect I was the only person on this side of the web that was smiling while reading half-way through the OP, everyone else went WTF. That was fun.

EDIT: Politics aside, I still love you all. Yeah, even bedeur.

Edited by Lusitan

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1321719914' post='2846952']
DK, do you tell kids going in to see Harry Potter movies how magic isn't real and that the Easter bunny is just a metaphorical construct representing the rebirth of life and the procession of seasons? Having fun is supposed to be, you know, fun.[/quote]

No, but I don't leave carrots out for the Easter Bunny either. War isn't something that I personally consider fun anymore. If people want to blow each other up for the hell of it, that's fine.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1321721041' post='2846962']
I suspect I was the only person on this side of the web that was smiling while reading half-way through the OP, everyone else went WTF. That was fun.
[/quote]
Your side seems to have taken it much more seriously than our side did and some seem personally disappointed that it wasn't actually a civil war.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1321721457' post='2846965']
Your side seems to have taken it much more seriously than our side did and some seem personally disappointed that it wasn't actually a civil war.
[/quote]

I don't think my side knows that the odds of either of you breaking a dual membership treaty in any shape or form - or any treaty for that matter - is null. It's just not possible for you.

Some alliances are genuinely nice guys. Even if they can be jackasses like in TFD.

EDIT: what a word filter :P

Edited by Lusitan

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1321717362' post='2846939']
You could loot ours right back you know, you do have a numerical advantage after all. :ph34r:
[/quote]

No offense, but we have no interest in stirring that pot yet again. you never see negativity coming from our ranks towards you & yours. really, there is way much more to life.

have a nice weekend.

Did you guys get MK's permission for these wargames? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1321705700' post='2846891']
I call shens on all this.

Edit: 2 alliances totalling ~210 nations. 9 wars. This was seriously neither clever nor well played out. Even Legion could have staged this better. Its time for a new WAE vote I think.
[/quote]

Look at you, Sherlock!

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1321719914' post='2846952']
DK, do you tell kids going in to see Harry Potter movies how magic isn't real and that the Easter bunny is just a metaphorical construct representing the rebirth of life and the procession of seasons? Having fun is supposed to be, you know, fun.

Now I can't post my rebuttal about the fact that DevZero changed the SG voting numbers on the last day to give him his 3 vote win? Or how he deleted my campaign posts and tricked everyone by posting an election statement saying neither of us were campaigning because we 'respect' each other and would both be participating regardless of the vote? Or how he posted the TFD disband rumor on CNtel just so he could attempt a hostile takeover?

Cho Chang is sad now.
[/quote]
So much this. You make life sad DK. Anyone with half a sense could tell it was a war game (apparently only 2 people checked the war screen).

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1321739468' post='2847085']
Did you guys get MK's permission for these wargames? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]

Look at you, Sherlock!
[/quote]
Since when has an internal power struggle led to full slots? lol

So...the long and short of it is NATO is bored and decided that since they don't want to declare on someone randomly, they'll just blow up their own infrastructure for the lulz? In what way could this possibly be considered a good idea?