North Atlantic Foreign Divide

dev0win

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1321769740' post='2847363']
So...the long and short of it is NATO is bored and decided that since they don't want to declare on someone randomly, they'll just blow up their own infrastructure for the lulz? In what way could this possibly be considered a good idea?
[/quote]

It's fun to skirmish with friends, there's no nukes involved and we get to up our casualty numbers. There's more to life than infrastructure. This is the first time in at least a year I've been up at reset doing nation related things and in IRC. Nostalgically enjoyable.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1321770719' post='2847367']
It's fun to skirmish with friends, there's no nukes involved and we get to up our casualty numbers. There's more to life than infrastructure. This is the first time in at least a year I've been up at reset doing nation related things and in IRC. Nostalgically enjoyable.
[/quote]

You just miss me :D

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1321769740' post='2847363']
So...the long and short of it is NATO is bored and decided that since they don't want to declare on someone randomly, they'll just blow up their own infrastructure for the lulz? In what way could this possibly be considered a good idea?
[/quote]
The same reason no one randomly attacks anyone of some sort of decent standing in the world, the web shifts against them for being evil and they get rolled

I actually cannot beleive anyone thought this would EVER be even remotely possible XD. TFD and NATO fighting one another is about as likely as me joining GOONS and befriending Nippy. :P

Good stuff though, the irony of so many of these posts is actually even better than the OP imo.

[quote name='OrangeBeard' timestamp='1321759415' post='2847285']
So much this. You make life sad DK. Anyone with half a sense could tell it was a war game (apparently only 2 people checked the war screen).
[/quote]
If everyone already knew what it was, why bother with all the theatrics?

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1321815018' post='2847519']
He's not saying everyone knew, he's saying most people don't have half a sense lol
[/quote]
Judging from the posts here most people knew the whole civil war thing was !@#$%^&*, even if they didn't know it was just a war game.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1321705700' post='2846891']
I call shens on all this.

Edit: 2 alliances totalling ~210 nations. 9 wars. This was seriously neither clever nor well played out. Even Legion could have staged this better. Its time for a new WAE vote I think.
[/quote]

Legion's stock has moved up quite a bit in the world in the last month. Invicta moved off the sphere, and UPN has faded almost completely from view.

From where I stand, [color=blue][size="6"]BLUE[/size][/color] is the [color=purple][size="6"]NEW PURPLE[/size][/color]. :awesome:

Lolblue. The time draws near for Blueicide.

Edited by Londo Mollari

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1321814465' post='2847513']
If everyone already knew what it was, why bother with all the theatrics?
[/quote]

um, its a little funny thing really, something called roleplay...you know, the main reason why most people here came and created a nation?

[quote name='Perceus' timestamp='1321825173' post='2847622']
um, its a little funny thing really, something called roleplay...you know, the main reason why most people here came and created a nation?
[/quote]

[color=red][b]*Londo Mollari takes a deep breath[/b][/color]

OK then... I put on my robe and wizard hat.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1321824092' post='2847611']
Legion's stock has moved up quite a bit in the world in the last month. Invicta moved off the sphere, and UPN has faded almost completely from view.

From where I stand, [color=blue][size="6"]BLUE[/size][/color] is the [color=purple][size="6"]NEW PURPLE[/size][/color]. :awesome:

Lolblue. The time draws near for Blueicide.
[/quote]

You talk a whole lot for a member of an alliance that is a split-off from NATO. You know what they say about apples falling far off from trees and everything.

[quote name='Perceus' timestamp='1321825173' post='2847622']
[/quote]
It is one thing for a ruler to rightly act as though he is leading his nation, however it is quite another to dress up a mundane activity such as a wargame and present it to the public as a dual civil war. A civil war that, according to your friend, everyone already knew was a wargame. So what was the point again?

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1321831391' post='2847659']
You talk a whole lot for a member of an alliance that is a split-off from NATO. You know what they say about apples falling far off from trees and everything.
[/quote]

My current alliance membership card is really pretty irrelevant to the profound truth that the Blue team is the largest pile of crap in CN. I can think of only a very few Blue team alliances that are not complete !@#$. This truth is self-evident, and it stands regardless of me.

And Lusitan, when you were a political baby in TFD, we in the Karma leadership greatly lamented that NATO had to get off so lightly. We let alliances out of that war earlier to make the Hegemony side crumble faster. NATO was one of the first to sell their own side out, after many years of reaping the rich and brutal benefits of Continuum membership. They have never have got what is coming to them for abusing the half of us and selling out the other half. But someday, inshllama, they will. :)

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1321832278' post='2847671']
My current alliance membership card is really pretty irrelevant to the profound truth that the Blue team is the largest pile of crap in CN. I can think of only a very few Blue team alliances that are not complete !@#$. This truth is self-evident, and it stands regardless of me.

And Lusitan, when you were a political baby in TFD, we in the Karma leadership greatly lamented that NATO had to get off so lightly. We let alliances out of that war earlier to make the Hegemony side crumble faster. NATO was one of the first to sell their own side out, after many years of reaping the rich and brutal benefits of Continuum membership. They have never have got what is coming to them for abusing the half of us and selling out the other half. But someday, inshllama, they will. :)
[/quote]

Sure blue is !@#$ - it has been consecutively abused and smashed since the noCB war, more than any other sphere. Comparing it to purple sewer is still a long distance.

Well, I'll try not enter a pissing match on who was a political baby first, but my time of political youth was when you were the leading some obscure alliance called Camelot who ended up merging into some other obscure alliance to form Athens, before you were all rolled in noCB - which is when you were a political baby. But it was a good attempt at patronizing.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1321832278' post='2847671']

[/quote]

You were never abused, it is only your shallow unfruitful character that is to blame for your continued begrudging. You are proving to be the fraud I always suspected. Enjoy sucking down the vinegar that grows on the vines around you. We are perfectly happy with our friends, allies, and long time acquaintances from all sides. I feel sorry for you.

I wasn't a fan of this announcement to begin with, but I think the show is well and truly over. Thanks to our friends and allies for your support.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1321832278' post='2847671']And Lusitan, when you were a political baby in TFD, we in the Karma leadership greatly lamented that NATO had to get off so lightly. We let alliances out of that war earlier to make the Hegemony side crumble faster. NATO was one of the first to sell their own side out, after many years of reaping the rich and brutal benefits of Continuum membership. They have never have got what is coming to them for abusing the half of us and selling out the other half. But someday, inshllama, they will. :)
[/quote]
Is that really where the hate for NATO comes from? Events from 2-3 years ago? I guess we could have switched sides pre-Karma, stayed on Aqua (we might be on Maroon by now), stayed at the centre of world politics, and enjoyed lots of lulz. But we didn't. We retained our "ex-heg" links, bore the political reproach that came with that (up until recently), honoured our treaties as best we could, and formally [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83090"]acknowledged[/url] our past when we switched to Blue. Ten alliances had the chance to have their shots at NATO during Bipolar (including Athens), and we would have stood with NPO in the last war but for our prior commitment to helping TFD defend NV.

I seriously doubt any of the politically influential alliances has the "moral" credibility to judge perceived misdeeds from more than 3 years ago.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1321841738' post='2847727']
Is that really where the hate for NATO comes from? Events from 2-3 years ago?
[/quote]

Almost everyone else who was actively involved in the abuses of Continuum has been brought to justice. NPO themselves paid for what they did, and then others made them pay yet again. I have considered the score with NPO settled since the end of Karma terms. I consider several NPO members to be friends now. I am in fact, currently fighting a nuclear war in defense of the NPO. But NATO never really paid the price.

Also, I tend to have a strong distaste for incompetent alliances. Many may note that before this past incident with Legion, I had nothing but distaste for them. After watching them start and win an aggressive war in a hostile political climate, I now hold The Legion in MUCH higher regard. Legion proved that they were more competent and more capable of taking action than many, so they have earned respect from me.

As far as I've seen, NATO hasn't actually *done* anything of interest since the days of your treaty-spamming, ally-abandoning ways in the Continuum. So yes, it happened years ago. But it's also all that I have to judge you on at all.

:)

EDIT: It would seem that NATO did in fact do something of interest. You fake declared war on yourselves and on your ally. Good job NATO! *claps*

Edited by Londo Mollari

[quote name='Gordon Gin XI' timestamp='1321848596' post='2847759']
Ever think of the bad "karma" for what you're doing?
[/quote]
Yeah, we really gotta worry about all that negative karma we're going to get for saying mean things about NATO, TFD and NADC. Please have mercy on us all.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1321847240' post='2847746']Also, I tend to have a strong distaste for incompetent alliances. Many may note that before this past incident with Legion, I had nothing but distaste for them. After watching them start and win an aggressive war in a hostile political climate, I now hold The Legion in MUCH higher regard. Legion proved that they were more competent and more capable of taking action than many, so they have earned respect from me.

As far as I've seen, NATO hasn't actually *done* anything of interest since the days of your treaty-spamming, ally-abandoning ways in the Continuum. So yes, it happened years ago. But it's also all that I have to judge you on at all.

:)[/quote]
So, you concede that you misjudged Legion's competence, and you have not paid any attention to NATO since Karma because of our low profile. The latter is perfectly understandable given we haven't *done* anthing particularly controversial (apart from honouring our treaties), but it does seem that you are not in a credible position be able to make an accurate up-to-date assessment of our character or competence. Perhaps our friends and allies are in a better position ;)