For too long...

Unknown Smurf

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1320572130' post='2840142']
As MK in my analogy were the catalysts of treaty cancellation, it bemuses me to see them paradoxically interpreted as the recipient. Analogy can be tricky however, so i guess we can return to it at our leisure.
A good question would be: Why, if MK are as apparently draconian as you consider them, would STA maintain an alliance with MK? If they have such a habit of using and disregarding allies, why would you have maintained it for so long a time?
[/quote]

Dude, you're trying way, way too hard. Extra verbage adds a bit of credibility to your thoughts because you seem smarter, I get that, but then there comes a point where you just sound stupid.

You're there.

The fallout after the next big global will be interesting to watch. Post war last time we saw the birth of the XX, MJ + PF blocs so if next war generates a similar evolution of the sides anything could happen. I still think a big fun old nuclear war needs to be fought first though... B-)

[quote]Gramlins, I understand that TOP is your bloc mate in PF with you, but do realize that they were never really on the receiving end of the original Hegemony and they cannot comprehend the type of persecution your alliance had to deal with it in the past. It is just a matter of time before MK and its lackeys do similar atrocities. [/quote]
1. It's [b]Grämlins[/b]. If you're too lazy to find the umlaut, use Graemlins or Gremlins.
2. This is a pretty epic, and I think non-ironic, 'TOP please don't betray the Grämlins' reprise.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1320799913' post='2841922']
1. It's [b]Grämlins[/b]. If you're too lazy to find the umlaut, use Graemlins or Gremlins.
2. This is a pretty epic, and I think non-ironic, 'TOP please don't betray the Grämlins' reprise.
[/quote]

For real?

I am going to purposely say Gramlins just to annoy you.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1320804532' post='2841954']
For real?

I am going to purposely say Gramlins just to annoy you.
[/quote]

I preferred them when they were called "Mogwai" ... they were so cute back then... :awesome:

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PHflefGQJd8/TSX04y568tI/AAAAAAAAAo8/3BEMtcoNY1s/s1600/mogwai.jpg[/img]

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1320877104' post='2842359']
I preferred them when they were called "Mogwai" ... they were so cute back then... :awesome:

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PHflefGQJd8/TSX04y568tI/AAAAAAAAAo8/3BEMtcoNY1s/s1600/mogwai.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

It's Mögwai....if you're too lazy to learn how to use the umlaut, blah blah blah...

Ok, gotta admit, I lol'd.

The fact is this thread isn't something new. It's not groundbreaking for someone to say "MK is evil" or "PB is just gonna betray you!" It doesn't add anything to the dynamics of the political situation. It's not spicing up anything. It's an essentially irrelevant (no offense Smurf, you're not gov or anything) nation leader stating their personal opinion, which has been stated and restated over and over again on these forums and in back channels. It's a statement that does absolutely nothing. And someone called it like it was, and is criticized because this was "spicing things up" ? Sorry, don't get.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1321034194' post='2843251']
Ok, gotta admit, I lol'd.

The fact is this thread isn't something new. It's not groundbreaking for someone to say "MK is evil" or "PB is just gonna betray you!" It doesn't add anything to the dynamics of the political situation. It's not spicing up anything. It's an essentially irrelevant (no offense Smurf, you're not gov or anything) nation leader stating their personal opinion, which has been stated and restated over and over again on these forums and in back channels. It's a statement that does absolutely nothing. And someone called it like it was, and is criticized because this was "spicing things up" ? Sorry, don't get.
[/quote]

A lot of us irrelevant/semi-active folk (not sure if I still fit into the latter category) don't see these back channels and before this war I just read the OP of topics (and maybe a few posts after of mindless hailing) and was not aware of the dissent on these forums either.

I just wanted to get those people on board if MK/VE were to attack and a global war had happened. Show them that there are many other people upset with MK/VE. Also to a lesser degree to get those fringe alliances (alliances that are tied to both sides) to fight for us instead of them -- though this is definitely done in back channels/by "relevant" people.

I see now that this was probably not the best way to go about it.

Edited by Unknown Smurf