A Joint Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom and the Viridian Entente

Leet Guy

[quote name='Grey Fox' timestamp='1320467323' post='2839355']
Nice job MK/VE. I'm all for you intervening in something that has nothing at all to do with you.
[/quote]
While you are free to disagree with our chosen course of action, your government has been petitioning the Kingdom to intervene in the matter since its beginning. Though not militarily committed, we've been involved in the conflict from day one. It has everything to do with us.

Such is the burden of power, as it were.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with the premise of what VE/MK are doing, I just disagree with the way they're doing it.

I mean if you're going to play god here, why not threaten Polar with war if they don't defend Legion in 72hrs?

:awesome:

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1320470428' post='2839400']
I don't disagree with the premise of what VE/MK are doing, I just disagree with the way they're doing it.

I mean if you're going to play god here, why not threaten Polar with war if they don't defend Legion in 72hrs?

:awesome:
[/quote]
We have much to learn from you. Have you a newsletter to which I may subscribe?

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1320470199' post='2839394']
While you are free to disagree with our chosen course of action, [b]your government has been petitioning the Kingdom to intervene in the matter[/b] since its beginning.
[/quote]

Oh really? And why would they do that?

Edited by illusion

[quote name='illusion' timestamp='1320470503' post='2839404']
Or really? It would seem the community was right then...and this "announcement" is a lie.
[/quote]
I informed the Sith earlier that I planned on personally engaging them to contribute to my Moldavi Triathlon count. I assure you this is not what anybody had in mind and that they weren't thrilled by the prospect.

It is late and I take my leave. :)

Edited by Ardus

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1320470603' post='2839407']
I informed the Sith earlier that I planned on personally engaging them to contribute to my Moldavi Triathlon count. I assure you this is not what anybody had in mind and that they weren't thrilled by the prospect.
[/quote]

Ohhh, you [i]assure[/i] me. Just like you threaten to destroy us for not letting NSO have their way. Yeah right. Come on, drop the act already.

Edited by illusion

It is pretty clear that the MK/VE intervention benefits NSO, and furthermore that justifying it based on Tetris' involvement is tenuous, given that Tetris has the opportunity to exit independently of NSO whenever it wants.

Nonetheless, the subsequent escalation to a genuine DoW on [u]both[/u] Legion and NSO would be interesting to observe. I presume their treaty partners would be prepared to honour their treaties against such aggression.

After them seeing that the community wasn't fooled by this announcement that carried an alternative motive to make war instead of peace, I would love to be a fly on the wall on the MK and VE boards right about now. I hope that they are blaming each other for what clearly appears to be a mistake on their end. The CN community is composed of some very bright people. We are smart people, but MK/VE thought we would fall for this deception...and they were wrong. If power leads to being stupid and doing stupid things, then I prefer to stay right where I am at. I will see my nation dragged to hell before I come up with an idea as dumb as this.

Edited by illusion

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1320468030' post='2839364']
Oh lord, No one deserves that. Trying to organise reps from Legion is too draconian to inflict upon any alliance.
[/quote]
It's okay guys, they can just make Invicta pay it

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1320470199' post='2839394']
While you are free to disagree with our chosen course of action, your government has been petitioning the Kingdom to intervene in the matter since its beginning. Though not militarily committed, we've been involved in the conflict from day one. It has everything to do with us.

Such is the burden of power, as it were.
[/quote]

So in other words the negotiations between NSO and Legion have failed and you are at least partially responsible. So what's the OP then? Letting us know you'll be burning the evidence soon? <_<

You see, if you want the power, you also get the responsibility. That is how it works.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1320470904' post='2839414']
It is pretty clear that the MK/VE intervention benefits NSO, and furthermore that justifying it based on Tetris' involvement is tenuous, given that Tetris has the opportunity to exit independently of NSO whenever it wants.

Nonetheless, the subsequent escalation to a genuine DoW on [u]both[/u] Legion and NSO would be interesting to observe. I presume their treaty partners would be prepared to honour their treaties against such aggression.
[/quote]
Sure it will. Considering there's not much of NSO hangin out there to be tagged on. Most of the targets will be Legion, and I'm willing to bet most NSO/Tetris targets will only get token attacks. Legion, on the other tentacle, is bracing for the upcoming roll. MK/VE will think of something, [b]anything[/b], to take action.

[quote name='illusion' timestamp='1320471465' post='2839422']
After them seeing that the community wasn't fooled by this announcement that carried an alternative motive to make war instead of peace, I would love to be a fly on the wall on the MK and VE boards right about now. I hope that they are blaming each other for what clearly appears to be a mistake on their end.
[/quote]

Unless people are willing to put the tech where their mouth is...why would they care what the community thinks? And I assure you, the "community" isn't just Legion, Polar, STA, and a few other random moralists.

The vast majority of the community is likely giving this a solid "Meh". Some of the more vocal are frothing at the mouth about it, and another chunk is giddy with the prospect of war, and touching their nukes in a NSFW fashion.

Basically, don't mistake a few pages of rightous indignation for some sort of referendum.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1320471793' post='2839428']
Unless people are willing to put the tech where their mouth is...why would they care what the community thinks? And I assure you, the "community" isn't just Legion, Polar, STA, and a few other random moralists.

The vast majority of the community is likely giving this a solid "Meh". Some of the more vocal are frothing at the mouth about it, and another chunk is giddy with the prospect of war, and touching their nukes in a NSFW fashion.

Basically, don't mistake a few pages of rightous indignation for some sort of referendum.
[/quote]
But if he says it enough times it must be true!

I love how people still think this is beneficial to NSO. Will Legion take a bigger hit than NSO? Yeah, probably because they are bigger, will NSO be treated lightly or receive "token" hits? You are freakin' high if you think that.

In case you aren't aware, which is appears most of you are not, NSO and VE have a very interesting dynamic, namely, they absolutely abhor each other. Do you really think Impero is going to let NSO off easy?

Also: for largely the same reason as I just mentioned, I can guarantee you NSO did not know about this, nor did Tetris, so nice try, better luck next time.

Edited by USMC123

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1320472367' post='2839436']
I love how people still think this is beneficial to NSO. Will Legion take a bigger hit than NSO? Yeah, probably because they are bigger, will NSO be treated lightly or receive "token" hits? You are freakin' high if you think that.

In case you aren't aware, which is appears most of you are not, NSO and VE have a very interesting dynamic, namely, they absolutely abhor each other. Do you really think Impero is going to let NSO off easy?

Also: for largely the same reason as I just mentioned, I can guarantee you NSO did not know about this, nor did Tetris, so nice try, better luck next time.
[/quote]

Sure, but no matter how much VE hate NSO, they physically cannot do all that much damage to them, most of NSO's remaining strength is out of reach. So unless VE are going to demand reps or something like that, there really isn't much they can to right now.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1320470143' post='2839392']
I have a question.

[ooc]
Since CN runs on US Central Time, which observes Daylight Savings, which ends on Sunday...
[/ooc]

Do they really have 73 hours? Or will you attack an hour before update?
[/quote]

Excellent observation, Wu.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1320472367' post='2839436']

[/quote]

What will Tetris stand be ?, your allied to NSO who have taken huge amounts of damage to protect you, or will you support VE who is another treaty partner of Tetris?, Will RoK be so willing to jump in a war to protect NSO from VE?, Will TPF and Carpe Diem (also thier allies) stand by and watch NSO who is already beaten take another round of wars from VE for no reason ?

you can all cut the crap, it is clear to everyone what's happening if you care or not, NSO has lost this war and in order to avoid admitting it, MK and VE will now DoW NSO (a fake DoW) and Legion (to pull NpO in to the war) so please do not start posting crap about how NSO is in danger from VE who is a treaty partner of Tetris, you really think VE is going to attack NSO who protected Tetris, some how i do not think so.

I have to admit NSO this is nicely played, but I hope this back fires and MK get rolled on the simple bases they are nothing more then the shadow of NPO

Edited by Timeline

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320473549' post='2839448']
What will Tetris stand be ?, your allied to NSO who have taken huge amounts of damage to protect you, or will you support VE who is another treaty partner of Tetris?, Will RoK be so willing to jump in a war to protect NSO from VE?, Will TPF and Carpe Diem (also thier allies) stand by and watch NSO who is already beaten take another round of wars from VE for no reason ?

you can all cut the crap, it is clear to everyone what's happening if you care or not, NSO has lost this war and in order to avoid admitting it, MK and VE will now DoW NSO (a fake DoW) and Legion (to pull NpO in to the war) so please do not start posting crap about how NSO is in danger from VE who is a treaty partner of Tetris, you really think VE is going to attack NSO who protected Tetris, some how i do not think so.

I have to admit NSO this is nicely played, but I hope this back fires and MK get rolled on the simple bases they are nothing more then the shadow of NPO
[/quote]

Timeline you never disappoint. :lol1:

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1320473853' post='2839451']
Timeline you never disappoint. :lol1:
[/quote]

the funny thing is, strip away the grammar, the spelling and some of the ramblings the bottom line is still true, the sad thing is above all else your lying so hard that I am not sure who your trying to convince me or you ?